19% Transcendence Apr 18

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Nanny McPhee Reviews

Alexander D

July 20, 2011
Good
3niR
3niR

August 21, 2010
This was quite entertaining.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
Wasn't that bad!
erika250
erika250

April 21, 2011
Nanny Mcphee is about a father that has a hard time keeping a nanny in house because his kids run the house. Then nanny Mcphee comes to see if she can help. At first the kids will do anything in their power to get rid of the new nanny. Will Mcphee leave or stay and teach them how to behave.
Pros
Good plot
Con lacking acting
I just thought Mary poppins was a better film.
BEACHBUNNI
BEACHBUNNI

February 5, 2008
"When you need me, but dont want me, then I must stay. When you want me, but dont need me, then I must go."
Nanny Mcphee is the mysterious, amusing and a bit scary Nanny~! Emma Thompson wrote the screenplay for the film and also stars as Nanny McPhee,really bringing the character to life. Through the use of make up and costuming that included a nose, unibrow, warts, large earlobes and padded costumes Emma Thompson is transformed (almost unrecognizably) into the ugly mysterious, slightly lovable and slightly scary Nanny McPhee.
I loved this movie it had a ton of charm and really witty dialogue~!!
well worth seeing.
jamers2011
jamers2011

January 1, 2011
Actually, kind of funny.
Lady D

August 9, 2006
A really fun kid?s film, Mary Poppins meets The Sound of Music in this updated fairy tale style story. Filled with colour and magic, this made for enjoyable watching.
Spencer S

July 29, 2010
It was cute, witty, and had a great cast.
KJ P

February 5, 2010
Not as good as I expected, however watchable and somewhat enjoyable!
Jeremy S

April 27, 2006
Introducing The New-Age Mary Poppins. Emma Thompson is thoroughly charming in this and entertaining film. With a high caliber cast to match, playing fabulous Dickensian characters.
Anthony L

January 18, 2010
A very sweet and touching children's film, Thompson is brilliant (both as actress and writer) but Lansbury steals the show 9I didn't realise it was her until the end credits!).
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 4, 2007
i like this movie its really a lovely light hearted family movie!!
its cute and sweet and completely worth a watch!
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 21, 2007
Colin Firth is Mr Brown who has been recently widowed. Nanny McPhee tries to tame his seven badly behaved children. He is poor and his aunt will withdraw financial support unless he remarries. The children scare off any prospects. A magical tale. A bit like Mary Poppins without the music.
Jens S

June 14, 2006
Being a pretty wild and colorful modern version of the Mary Poppins topic of a nanny changing the life of her new household, this film combines a cast of top notch British actors. It is mostly their talent and the plenty of ideas for pranks of the Brown children that make this movie work for young and old. It is mostly kids that should have fun with the Nanny's magic and education methods. Only the end turned out to be maybe a tad too cheesy. Still, a decent feel good movie with its heart at the right spot and likable actors.
jjnxn
jjnxn

March 26, 2007
Pleasant fantasy, marred a bit by the true odiousness of the children at the beginning, Angela Lansbury is clearly having fun with her crone and the production design is truly impressive.
Luke B

December 5, 2008
The film started off as very annoying. I absolutely hated the children, there was nothing likable about them tomake them sympathetic. Luckily due to Emma Thompson's writing and some decent child performances the childrens plight became endearing and enjoyable. Unfortunately the predictability makes the film's outcome obvious within a few minutes and Emma Thompsons character fades more and more into the background. It may make sense in context of the story but her magic becomes confusing as does the reason her deformities start to disappear. Some of the older british actors are that unfortunate type who can't change between stage and screen, making it clear to see that they are acting as opposed to taking on a role. Firth keeps the film together emotionally and it's a wonderful family film.
mwilliams078
mwilliams078

October 13, 2008
Nanny McPhee is a sweet film. A young family whom is missing there mother is having a difficult time retaining nanny's until one day Nanny McPhee enters through the door (Thompson). She brightens up each of there lifes and makes things very happy. A very nice family film about the magic that can happen when the right person enters one's life.
movieguru12
movieguru12

February 19, 2008
Absolutely,adorable and funny!!!
Mark H

June 11, 2008
Charming movie that will enchant adults and kids alike.
Drew S

January 15, 2007
I suppose this is great for the kids and all but I really couldn't get into it. The things I do for work.

I have to say though, watching Angela Lansbury exclaim "incest?!" was one of the most magical film moments I've experienced in a long while. I want that to be my ringtone.