Big Momma's House 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Momma's House 2 Reviews

October 31, 2011
Stop already, enough is enough.
murphmann93
June 23, 2011
Not as funny as the first one, but still had it's occasional laughs.
FiLmCrAzY
September 9, 2007
wow the second one wasnt a disappointment!!
It still had its laughs and they were also continous throughout the movie!!
again its a good family movie and worth a watch!
January 18, 2010
The second instalment in the Big Momma franchise is extremely weak when compared to the original, now they are just getting desperate and cannot go anywhere else in this series! The freshness of these films was weak to start, but now it's just flushing away! Big Momma's House 2 does have it's comedy and moments of enjoyment, but nothing else!
January 23, 2011
Terrible movie. The two stars go to Zachary Levi because he's one of my favorite actors.

Grade: D
3niR
June 8, 2010
I can't remember whether I've watched the first one or not but this was definitely funny (well most of the time). I did felt it was an imitation of The Pacifier movie. But it wasn't all bad.
ScoopOnline
December 12, 2009
The prequel was very funny, but they shouldnt have done the sequel. Big Momma`s House 2 was totally boring

Danny Denzongpa had a cameo appearence in this Movie? I guess the Movie was so boring that I even didnt notice. The Danny Denzongpa? For the sake of his appeareance I will have to watch this Movie again.

Oh I so much enjoy the Movies where he played nice characters which were rare but invaluable!
½ July 29, 2010
C-
September 10, 2009
I found the story interesting and the movie good enough, but I expected a lot more laughs....like there were in the first one.
½ June 10, 2009
if u read the script and dont see the movie, its the exact same movie as the pacifier except its a "black woman"
June 21, 2008
Martin Lawrence plays a great-role as always. I have never seen the first one so I am juding the movie for what I thought it was - not in comparison to the first.

Actors were all solid, storyline great, and extremly funny. There were a few over-the-top scenes that I could of lived without. Mostly just the scenes that were way unreal but other then those minor unbelievable scenes here and there the movie was great!
June 25, 2007
Completely unnecessary sequel.
November 2, 2006
The jokes weren't that funny the first time. They certainly weren't funny the tenth time.
½ October 21, 2006
Painfully unfunny
April 6, 2006
This was just funny!
February 20, 2006
very funny, i laugh from the begginig till the end of the movie
½ July 25, 2011
Awesome sequel that is more musically charged up in this one than the last.
½ March 24, 2009
"You never know when Big Momma might show up again!" - Malcolm

Big Momma's House 2 is a much better movie than the first one. There were a number of problems like most related to trying to pull the material in too many directions at once, both in terms of genre and style, that made Big Momma's House uneven and not able to reach its potential. John Whitesell and returning writers Don Rhymer and Darryl Quarles have solved or surmounted all of those problems and produced a relatively unique gem in Big Momma's House 2. The comedy is still frequently of the absurdist variety here, but it's toned down just enough, and the rest of the main characters were made just quirky enough, that the blend is exquisite. Next, unlike the first movie, Don Rhymer and Darryl Quarles didn't add crime elements as an underdeveloped afterthought here. Instead, a crime story remains the focus throughout the movie. The crime story is well written and contains just enough character development to give it effective dramatic weight and drive. Don Rhymer and Darryl Quarles are even able to work in something of a rom-com subplot (involving an errant assumption about a lover) in a similar naturally flowing way, but they keep it appropriately on the back burner. Yet, the highlights of the movie occur when Big Momma interacts with everyday people. Wisely, the focus is kept narrower in these scenes and we get much better character development. There are a couple characters from the crime plot who it would have been nice to interact with more, but even they are surprisingly well developed for the amount of screen time they receive. This is also a somewhat sweeter story given the complex, continually developing relationship between Big Momma and the Fuller family. But that doesn't mean it's not outrageously funny, too.
November 30, 2011
Nothing original, is a sequel to something entertaining but poor in history and other things.