Supernova - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Supernova Reviews

December 6, 2014
Piece of crap that seems to never end!!
½ January 16, 2014
Very slow and boring, the characters are dull and the action is minimal. Hardly anything goes on and the entire film feels like a waste of time. Forgettable.
½ September 30, 2013
A movie that couldn't decide what it wanted to be. At one point, it's a cheesy slasher flick. At another, it's a low-budget action movie. And yet another, a suspense/thriller with a duplicitous Uncle Sam. Yet, it's supposed to be a disaster flick. Luke Perry does what he does best: play himself, while Tia Carrere...when did she get so old? If they cut it down to about half its running time (it was 2.5 hours!), it would be a decent way to pass the time. I did really enjoy watching cities being destroyed. As it was, I viewed this in 20-30 minute sittings, so I might be biased.
½ September 21, 2012
Worst. Movie. Ever. My boyfriend and I renamed it: Sunpocalypse: A Rape Revenge Story. That should give you a clue...
July 9, 2012
The sun threatens to decimate the earth in a supernova.
September 12, 2007
Really enjoyed this movie. Found it in one of the 5 dollar bins. Happy that I decided to buy it. Pretty well love any disaster movie. This one had decent acting and a good storyline. Good time pasting movie. I think Hallmark movies are great.
December 6, 2011
This week's movie review one for Monday December 5 2011 until Sunday December 11 2011 is Supernova that came out in 2006. This was not a good movie, not great movie but it was ok for 5 bucks. I see that there's other Supernova movies that came out in the past. Luke Perry as Dr. Chris Richardson, from TV series Relic Hunter Tia Carrere as Lisa Delgado , Peter Fonda as Dr. Austin Shepard, Emma Samms as Laurie Stephenson and from Aliens Ronald Pickup as Dr. Malcolm Handey is in this movie. I give this movie two thumbs in the middle. 3 stars.
August 29, 2011
quite interesting 'movie' (payed in once as movie in the TV ) but lacks many things . I think that none could believe for this 'error' at the rend of the movie. for a bit i thought it was shot in UK (right wing cars )
It was also very stupid that the person in the exotic place was watig for the meteorite to drop to them (as ti was like a suicide)
½ October 16, 2010
This movie stars Lance Henriksen, Luke Perry, Peter Fonda and Tia Carrere what more could you want? Well, you might want the film to make up it's mind. This film has 3 main themes going; Government conspiracy, natural disaster (or destruction of the world in this case) and killer thriller. The first two work well together and make up most of the film but for some reason, those involved decided that wasn't enough and added a ridiculous subplot where a killer on death row escapes and comes after the family of the main character. While this might make sense if you were trying to create a sense of urgency for the main character (Christopher Richardson played by Luke Perry) trying to get to his family to save them through the chaos of a world coming to an end but that's not the case. Sure, Mr. Richardson is trying to get to his family, but only because the world is going to end eventually and he'd like to be with them. You don't even get any sense of urgency from him when he learns that everything is going to hell and the populous has gone mad. Nope he's just casually trying to get to them.
While I enjoyed the world getting destroyed (what is it with St. Louis always being targeted) in some great (though low budget) FX extravaganzas, I couldn't help but wish they had made more of an attempt to have Mr. Richardson be more concerned and eratic. Throughout the film, he is absolutely calm and boring short of a single outburst regarding the world ending. I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be the caring father and husband or the non-caring scientist as he seemed to be portrayed as both.
This isn't a bad film and can make for a fun watch just beware that some aspects of the film don't jive and others seem thrown in for absolutely no reason (why was there a killer on death row again?).
If you're looking for a simple natural disaster film with lots of destruction, Supernova delivers just as long as you suspend disbelief ;)
August 1, 2010
wow talk about great balls of fire or brimstone it's more like hell on earth or the end of days plus it's crazy scary that a supernova can do that much damage to the earth and wipe out everything in it's path but for now we only experience low levels of atmospheric disturbances in space that cause cell phone users and everyday tv watching folks hell but that's normal but it's a pain in the ass overall i enjoyed the film and loved the cast
½ February 12, 2010
This was an awesome movie and I love Luke perry
½ January 18, 2010
Jesus Christ only American‚??s would think to Set a film in Sydney Australia and shoot it in Johannesburg South Africa, Laughably awful. It wasn‚??t a real supernova because Luke Perry put a + symbol instead of a ‚?? but still manage to get a correct looking answer, maths doesn‚??t work like that kiddies!!
December 19, 2009
The sun threatens to decimate the earth in a supernova.
October 11, 2009
Not bad. But also not really that I was expecting :) Especially the ending and luke perry were hard to stand :P
½ August 16, 2009
i gotta say it was better than some movies of this genre
½ July 26, 2009
Definitely had its goods and its bads, teh biggest bad for me was a sub-plot about a serial killer stalking Luke Perry's wife. Just felt tacked on to fill time.
½ May 4, 2009
it wasn't bad didn't really watch all of it ...(it had showed on the local t.v. station)but from what i saw it is the kind of thing i like it run along the lines of The Day After Tomorrow that kind of... end of the world/ major natural catastrophe theme... It was fairly rounded in the differnt aspects of the film. That's about it
½ February 21, 2009
I tried to give this movie less than 1/2 a star but Flixter won't let me.
This move is so bad I had to watch it! The basic premise is that the sun will go supernova and destroy the earth. The fact that when the sun does go supernova it will expand beyond the orbits of all the planets in the solar system is conviniently ignored while sinister government agencies stockpile survival supplies in giant caverns. The solar flares look suspeciously like meterorites from "Armageddon", but does not disrupt communications or destroy satellites. I had to watch the ending to find out how they could stop the sun from going 'nova, and was expecting them to use a nuke or something like that. But no, they fixed the error in the calculation and all the calamity suddenly goes away! Amazing! The sun was actually controlled by the calculated predictions of a super-computer! The movie then shifts focus pretty much entirely on the subplot of some crazy serial killer with absolutely no bearing on the title of the movie!
All-in-all a waste of time, but in trying to be a serious movie it was funny! Have fun watching this movie with some mates, some alcohol and pick the movie apart, or make a game of thinking of better/funnier plot tangents for this movie! (They could have had a climatic buildup to hurling a bunch of nukes towards the sun. Then have the missiles fizz on the sun's surface with no effect! Everyone's jaw then drops with dreadful realisation of the inevitable. That would be a funnier ending.)
½ February 7, 2009
What really annoyed me the most about this was how Perry's astrophysicist finds his error in his original equations, but then never explains WHAT having a different number would mean - sure, we can assume that it means there's not going to be a supernova, but it could have easily meant that our usually blue sky was going to be eternally purple from this point onwards. Numbers are just numbers without an understanding of their context. I liked the basic premise of this movie, but felt that it wasn't developed enough - it felt far too shallow, which was a pity.
February 6, 2009
What a bore this film was. Dodgy story lines - washed up B grade actors and strange "special" effects. The funniest part was a computer generated man walking in that underground thing - he looked like a Sim. Didn't even see the end, I fell to sleep but I am guessing it wasn't worth it anyway. A drag of a movie. Only gave 2 stars becuase, like every other American movie, they manage to destroy Sydney