Main Hoon Na - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Main Hoon Na Reviews

½ March 11, 2008
Here's an interesting movie with lots of laughter, music, dancing, and all around fun. Ram is in the military and enjoys what he does, but an incident causes him to lose his father. He is left with a duty that he must fulfill and to honor his father's last wishes. He must pose as a student, and protect a general's daughter as well as unite his estranged family. Great cast- Shahrukh Khan, Sushmita Sen, Amrita Rao, Zayed Khan, and Suniel Shetty. Worth seeing!
July 6, 2007
it was really cute and funny at the same time. I love Lucky!! shahrukh khan does really well playing "the nerd"
July 12, 2008
When a movie is described (fairly accurately, as it turns out) as a cross between True Lies, Grease, Never Been Kissed, Toy Soldiers- with a little bit of Matrix-style action and the requisite Bollywood singing and dancing- how could it not be terrible beyond belief? Main Hoon Na (which apparently translates as "I am here now"), while it does live up to the description, is not what I expected.

The film bounces around from action to romance to drama, all interspersed with entertaining music and dance numbers. The movie is almost always light-hearted and fun (and I found some of the funny bits hilarious, to be honest), although the main plotline deals with the serious issues of disputes between India and Pakistan and terrorism.

There are two things that really surprised me about the Main Hoon Na:

1. It careens along its three-hour course with hardly a dull moment. For what is essentially a fun popcorn romp of a movie, it's amazing that it manages to run this long and still be enjoyably engaging for pretty much the entire time.
2. I still have no idea how the writer/director managed to combine such a bizarre mix of things so successfully. There's no way this movie should work, never mind work well, but it does.

So I say see it for yourself. It's not ever going to be an Oscar contender but it is a very entertaining and fun movie, which is exactly what it sets out to be. If you're not put off by some some singing and dancing, Main Hoon Na will be both familiar and refreshingly different for most westerners.
February 17, 2008
this was a cute film, i liked the bad guy though. zayed khan did a good job, i liked his first hair style though. the songs were nice.
May 29, 2007
I absolutely love this movie. It's so corny and silly (as most Bollywood movies are) but I still love watching it.
½ May 20, 2007
this was a cutee movie!!!! i loved the songs...amrita rao and sushmita sen were gorgeous as always!! and zayed was cute :P
½ May 7, 2007
Take a bow Farah Khan, this is not only stellar + it's outright hilarious. Sushmita Sen and SRK sizzle.
January 21, 2014
MAIN HOON NA is the most entertaining movie i've seen in my entire life. It provides with tons and tons of entertainment with brilliant performances (especially SHAH RUKH KHAN) well executed action sequences, slapstick comedy, feel-good romance and a simply awesome climax!!! Indeed this is by far the most entertaining movie in recent times and the public is gonna LOVE this movie to the core. you will also fall in love with the characters like Ram, lucky, sanju, percy, professor rasai the principal and raghvan. The main highlight of the movie is MAJOR RAM PRASAD SHARMA played by the BAADSHAH SRK!! This is definitely a must see movie. I've must watched this movie over 40 times and still not bored with this amazing movie. For me this is the best movie of my life!!!
January 15, 2014
A predictable action comedy with fine performances and a good villain.
August 1, 2013
One of the better films of bollywood.
February 22, 2013
SRK movies are going downhill starting with this, it's just a lame movie with rip-off songs and retro music.
½ July 18, 2012
Shah Rukh Khan is as amazing as always. Totally a slap in the face for Filmfare for giving his Best Actor to Hrithik for "Koi Mil Gaya" rather than his "Kal Ho Naa Ho". In this film, he just keeps on proving further that he's a extremely versatile, trendy and class one actor!

Great movie! I bought the double disc DVD! Fantastic Job Farah Khan!
½ July 21, 2011
As I said majority of the Bollywood movies can be felt good, if you going to watch it with your family and friends and you smile and whistle when the Stars dances or makes an Entry, but you will not feel so well if you're looking for something Strong, Unconventional and original.
April 25, 2011
The movie is good,but not as good as i expected
December 26, 2010
Worth watching. The songs are awesome too.
½ August 18, 2010
filled with action, songs and a good plot, main hoon na is a movie for everyone
November 6, 2009
Not good if you don't know Bollywood.

Not good if you aren't up for a spoof.

But fun in so many ways. Not very believable. Just fun.

Don't miss the credits at the end.
October 24, 2009
Alright well. This is interesting, first review of an indian movie. Let me warn you ahead of time, if you don't know Bollywood stuff then this is not the film to introduce you to it, that movie is called Lagaan and is absolutely bloody amazing.

First the positives. Okay, well only the positives. I. love. this. movie. No matter how much I attempt to hate it I keep finding myself watching it. And Lord knows I've tried. It's filled with cliche characters, an absurd plot, puns, weird running jokes, and overall dumbassery. By any form of critical reasoning, I should hate this movie with the burning passion of about 1000 supernovas. But I can't hate it. It's so charming, adorable, satirical and overall so fantastically done that I can't bring myself to hate it. Going into more specifics now. It has the weirdest plot of any Bollywood movie I had ever seen. It's an action, comedy, romance, inspirational, musical film. *head explodes from information overload*. Seriously, this is the most overly ridiculous thing ever. Yet Farah Khan brilliantly pulls off all three in a sort of mockery of most average Bollywood films. The acting, is FANTASTIC. See one thing about Indian movies is there is no such thing as eye candy. All people on screen have to act. HAVE TO ACT. Which means you get no hayden christiansen or megan fox moments. They actually are able to make this insane plot come to life, which I gotta give them credit for. ALSO, Amrita Rao *drool*. Sorry, thanks to this movie its become an average reaction to that name. Seriously, I wanna slap Lucky for not taking in Sanjana earlier I mean DAMN! ARE YOU BLIND?! SHE'S BLOODY PERFECT IN EVERY F-ING WAY! In my opinion she was beautiful before Tumse Milke but afterwards...*head explodes again*. I should get the exploding head thing checked out. Also the music is great. I've had it playing through my head ever since I saw this the first time. Also, the running jokes grow on you. They get funny after the first time. The principal's insanity, ms. kakkad's boring-ness, the way violin players and other musicians randomly appear out of nowhere when anything involving love occurs.

Overall, if you're not into Bollywood, don't watch it. But otherwise, it works as all the extremes of an Indian movie. It has an odd plot, cliche characters, and just outright weirdness but its so adorable, charming and blah blah blah you heard it all already.