The Ape - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ape Reviews

September 2, 2012
Sorry , allready forgot it !
½ March 6, 2012
good movie for his first directed...but not his best acting...or even a good plot.
January 8, 2009
I like James Franco...always have since Freaks and Geeks. I'm glad to see Pineapple Express and Milk have helped to break the bad streak he was on. The Ape probably isn't as bad as Anapolis but it's gotta be close. The thing is, this is a weird, artsy-ass movie. Imagine if Jim Jaramusch had directed Ed or Goin Ape. This is awful but it earns points for being flat-out bizarre.
March 20, 2008
JAMES FRANCO AND A APE!!!
March 19, 2008
want to c coz ther's j.franco
November 6, 2007
Not so very good. I tried, but I just couldn't get into this one.
October 31, 2007
ridiculous=..=but great
July 17, 2007
Were you that hard up for work early in your career James?
½ August 11, 2007
July 11, 2007
weird.
NOT funny.
and now I see James Franco much differently. Shame. -_-
June 13, 2007
Hmm...You're so silly James. Haha.
½ June 9, 2007
Really really stupid independent film, I am sure there is some pretentious meaning behind the film, but frankly I don't care what it is, if there is indeed anything at all. Garbage.
May 12, 2007
Well if it has James Franco in it OFCOURSE i wanna see it^-^!!!
May 2, 2007
One of the worst movies I've ever seeen.
½ April 29, 2007
A stupid movie but well made
March 18, 2007
As much as I love James Franco, I cannot say that he can write a good script. He tried to act his heart out with a script that needed help. Maybe it is better in a playhouse setting, but it doesn't work as well as a movie. The storyline is predictable and dialogue at times stiff. The actors do a decent job, James puts out a good performance (esp if you mute it), and the interchange between the writer and the ape is the highlight of the movie. If the entire movie were just in the apartment with the writer and the ape, it might be better and seem to have more of a purpose.
March 11, 2007
i hated this movie so much. usually i love any movie with him in it, but this was the dumbest stupidest movie ive ever seen
February 9, 2007
Absolutly horrible...why this movie was ever made is beyond me. I watched it with my brother while the rest of the family went to Christmas mass...i think my time would have been better spent at church...
January 30, 2007
THe APE WAS an AssHole and iT was SO fake i could see light thro the apes eye sokets lOooL james ur soo cute u ruined ur rep by acting in this shitty movie !! the ending was crap ununderstandable LoOl
January 4, 2007
An original movie thats actually pretty good and funny.