Evil (Ondskan) Reviews

½ July 13, 2014
A high school melodrama film that can't takes you eyes off it. Powerful (even it should get more) and full of surprise.
½ February 6, 2015
Un sobresaliente estudio sobre la violencia humana, sus orígenes y sus alcances.
½ July 15, 2014
Definitely brutal at times. It shows an interesting look into the violent way of boarding schools in Sweden back in the day. Since it's in Swedish and my level isn't fully adapted to see how "bad" the language is, but it was enough. I definitely wouldn't watch this with children. But I may watch it again.
May 2, 2014
Opportunity squandered, but remains engaging throughout.
February 22, 2014
great foreign film about a growing man trying to survive a school full of stuck up bastards.
January 14, 2014
"The thing that separates humans from animals is not only intelligence, it's also morality. The ability to know the difference between good and evil. You have all behaved like animals. Like vultures. It's undignified!... This has to stop."
½ August 6, 2013
A powerful film, with at times predictable plot. Has an exceptional performance at its heart from Andreas Wilson as Erik.
½ May 13, 2013
he endure... and then he didnt...
½ May 3, 2013
Nice to see revenge played-out on film with such intensity and feeling, but never seems to go deeper.
½ January 2, 2013
An important movie with a good storyline and acting but I have to say that the slave-mentality that the characters display, including the protagonist until the end of the movie, irritated me a great deal. As it is build upon reel event it is hard to demand it to be different, but none the less, it is my main reason for it not getting more stars.
½ December 4, 2012
bir cesit super kahraman filmi... kadir inanir style :)
November 13, 2012
viewed on 12/10/04 (Tues)

After the show, a few audience clapped, including myself.

I can relate very well to the movie. Anyone will. Who wasn't at one point of time a victim of a bully? In school, at our working places etc.

I am not shameful to admit that I was bullied at my working place. Sometimes over small matters but lately these bullies are too much. And I hit back. I wear my vengeance as my badge of honour. It is interesting to see how a growl can actually make them step away from your boundaries.

Ok, personal matters aside. Let's go back to the movie.

For most of the parts, we see the hero being bullied, at home and at school. It keeps me riveted to the story as the extend of the bullying becomes more and more absurd. There is one part the bullies even throw a bucket of faeces into the room of the hero.

We feel for the hero immediately. He cannot fight back as that will guarantee an expulsion from school and that will break his promise to his mother. Yet he is that sort who can hit back at the bullies effortlessly but he has to hold back his anger and his punches.

We know the ending actually. The hero, the underdog, will emerge as the winner in the end. He shows me that there is always a smarter way to hit back at your bullies in a big way. To use violence and force to hit back is going to tell them we are as bad as them.

Rating: A+
Expected Rating: B+
October 2, 2012
Reminded me of a Hindi movie 'Udaan', loved the movie, it is available on Netflix instant watch
September 21, 2012
Gem of a movie.Well acted and great story...fantastic.
August 19, 2012
Very well done, much better than I was expecting I particularly like the way the director tried to involve the audience in a desire for the lust of violent revenge while the main character mostly chose restraint and non violence to triumph against 'evil'.
August 17, 2012
Who is really evil...alittle gem.
July 25, 2012
Filme sobre a hipocrisia de rezar ŕ Deus e depois foder com a vida de todo mundo, esbanjando o seu poder. Uma metáfora pro nosso mundo, basicamente.
July 21, 2012
A well-made movie, featuring good acting and polished production (perhaps even too polished). The story seems a bit predictable and familiar, and something is lacking in character development - some of the protagonist's actions weren't logical and his transformation didn't convince me.
June 10, 2012
This movie has no depth. How could this be nominated for Oscar, really...
May 4, 2012
There is only one word for people like you, and that is "evil"