• R, 1 hr. 31 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Oh in Ohio Reviews

jjb3332003
November 8, 2008
Not nearly as bad as panned.
closedmouth
June 20, 2013
The plot is disjointed, with some pretty stupid moments, and it has that early-to-mid-2000s-indie-movie ugliness to it, but the actors are all great, and it made me laugh, so I found it fun and entertaining. Not sure why it has such a low score everywhere. I thought everyone loved Paul Rudd.
March 11, 2013
Quirky, Light, sort-of funny. Great actors that bring a lot of character and spunk to it. Ending is a bit weak.
February 11, 2013
The Oh in Ohio is hilarious and heartfelt. Parker Posey nails it as Pricilla Chase, the "frigid" housewife who is sexually awakened by her revelation that she has a sexual dysfunction disorder. Her valiant attempt to break her disorder is not only terribly funny but one feels for her. As viewers we triumph with her when she finally breaks the cycle of her repetitive life and finds love. It is racy but not in a gross out humor way. We get to know Pricilla through her journey and find that letting go can be more help than harm.
Paul Rudd is charming and vulnerable as Pricilla's husband who cannot seem to give her the big O. He too goes through a metamorphosis and finding his true self. Although he falls in love with one of his students played by Mischa Barton, he comes out of the film a more fulfilled man.
The Oh in Ohio is raw, real, and a feel good film. After viewing this film one is left with a glow and a smile on their face.
December 11, 2012
This film is representative of both truth and honesty in romance.
October 24, 2012
Beginning was good but then the plot got lazy.
October 10, 2012
The Oh in Ohio is a witty comedy about the complexities of an orgasm.
Paul Rudd plays the quick wit slacker character that we've grown
accustomed to seeing and Parker is the adorable know it all that we all
love. The film is surprisingly funny and heart warming. Danny Devito
plays an endearing lovable salesman. This film manages to take the
romantic comedy genre viewer into different, unexpected directions. I'm
a big fan of filmmakers that can take a date or couples film genre,
like a romantic comedy, and turn the genre into a film for all to enjoy. If
you're a Paul Rudd fan than this is surely a role of his that you don't
want to miss. This film is worth a watch if you like to laugh you wont
be disappointed!
July 7, 2012
AAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! NOT INTERESTED!!!!!!!.......not interested...
April 20, 2012
There are few redeeming aspects in this showcase of irresponsible, unmotivated filmmaking. The characters, dialogue, and situations were nearly as uncomfortable and awkward as the premise of a woman trying to have an orgasm. I don't understand how a film mainly about sex can be so boring, slow, uninteresting and UN-sexy. The pacing is far too slow for what is supposed to be a fun, quirky film, and the editing is loose with some confusing cuts. The entire film felt unnatural, uncomfortable, and bored. A few plot points and lines of dialogue were entirely confusing and unclear, and by the end of the film I felt lost. The student and Sherri characters were poorly written and poorly executed " they felt like characters in a book I was reading. They weren't dynamic and didn't feel truly alive and present. Their comments were unnatural and strange, and didn't fit in with the rest of the film. Also, a very confusing aspect of the film was the relationship between Priscilla and Wayne " I won't give everything away, but throughout the whole film I was confused about their past, present, and until the end, future.

So now you might be wondering about those redeeming qualities I mentioned earlier. Paul Rudd is an excellent actor, which somehow manages to show through in this film. However, his skill is weighed down, limited, and ultimately trapped and killed by the poor writing, directing, and overall execution of this story. Danny DeVito is the only thing that manages to rise above this snooze-fest to make it somewhat enjoyable. His character is developed, complex, motivated and real in a world of fake, tired, hollow shells of people. Overall though, this film is slow, barely able to capture and hold attention, and left no impact on my view of the world. I believe that each film is worth watching once " to watch this film again would be a waste of time.
April 10, 2012
the funny tale of a couple through sexual inadequacies split up and try unique lifestyles. posey, rudd, and devito deliver a wonderful performance.
August 14, 2009
I WANT A POOL LIKE THAT!!!! Otherwise, this movie was a little dull. It was funny in a completely ridiculous way! But Danny DeVito??? Seriously??? I love him, but definitely NOT in that way! Nothing truly memorable about this movie.
April 6, 2012
March 14, 2012
I adore Ms Posey. Definitely wortha look.
March 6, 2012
This movie had the worst ending I have ever seen.
March 5, 2012
kind of reminded me of a couple Sex and the City plots thrown together, however I dig Parker Posey's mannerisms so much that I gave this a 3.
February 12, 2012
dunyanin ciddi manadaki cekilmis en kotu filmi
February 7, 2012
this sounds funny, never heard of it b4! Where can i see it?!?!?
January 12, 2007
just ok I guess I was expecting more as friends had raved and raved about it-color me disappointed:(
kenscheck
September 14, 2011
Some good moments, great cast, and intriguing plot...and this movie is still not that great. Somehow they take too many wrong turns to make you care. There is little character development. It almost feels like they are trying WAY too hard to win the quirky movie of the year award. I live in Northeast Ohio, and watching my local news I don't hear people mention Cleveland and Ohio this much. I get it you live in Cleveland. Every characters job mentions it. Paul Rudd is a teacher in the Cleveland Schools System (he actually says this). Parker Posey's job is bringing businesses to Cleveland. Danny DeVito sells pools in the Cleveland area. At times people are watching TV and they mention the Buckeyes, Parker Posey is making some video in Jacob's Field...its ridiculous.
August 23, 2011
Not even Ms. Posey could save this dumb sex romp.