• PG-13, 1 hr. 26 min.

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

For Your Consideration Reviews

February 25, 2010
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
Simeon T.
July 20, 2014
Its a shame Christopher Guest hasn't made any mockumentaries since this one, but seeing it one can sadly see why this is so. It is not entirely without merit, though it is close. It is by far the worst of the bunch, and the decline since Best in Show is clear. A Mighty Wind was too bland, this one is too dark and is, uniquely among Guest's mockumentaries, utterly unbelievable. I don't for a second believe anyone would make the Home for Purim movie, or that it would have anything to do with awards of any kind. This contributes to the feeling that the whole movie, not just the mad scrambling for nominations, is a cruel joke. This is fully proven at the end by the mutilation by plastic surgery of the main star, which is a little funny in a surreal way, but is mostly just tragic. For Your Consideration isn't a comedy, its an angry mess of a hollywood condemnation which doesn't even work as that kind of film because of its own absurdity.
February 24, 2014
I found this film funny.
January 9, 2014
There is some effective satire; I just wished it had been developed more.
November 19, 2013
11/16/13 I understand Guest's style now and I'm beginning to like it more and more. His characters are always idiots, but it is pretty funny. This isn't the funniest movie ever, but it kept me chuckling the whole way through.
February 3, 2009
Funny stuff, but not as impactful as Guest's other mocku-mentaries.
September 3, 2013
Remember that this is satire and relies on improv to get through this one. Some jokes are great and make the movie, especially from Jennifer Coolidge, as always. When it does slow down and drones, it really suffers, though.
August 24, 2013
A mildly funny, moderately insightful satire on Hollywood values, 'For Your Consideration' turns out to be a mostly messy and patchy production, though it gains momentum by the end. A decent experience on the whole, though there are better comparable films.
mijatovicslavisa1
July 9, 2013
Honestly, I did expect a bit more from the film, considering the director's and the cast's reputation. That being said, the film is rather funny, especially the last 15 minutes or so where the climax finally kicks in. With an excellent performance by Catherine O'Hara (ironically enough, one that gave her Oscar buzz!), this is definitely a well-acted film all around with the rest of the cast giving great performances, too. Definitely talks volumes about the way Hollywood works and is a great criticism of the Hollywood fame-machine! Definitely interesting enough to keep you entertained, but not extremely funny nor does much of it stick with one afterwards...except of Ms O'Hara's performance.
May 23, 2013
Hugeky disappointing mockumentary staring the guys behind Spinal Tap, this however is not directed by Marty DiBergi. One or two decent gags but overal all it just didn't work.
April 28, 2013
An enjoyable satire on Hollywood. Not great, but funny enough to be an interesting screening.
March 17, 2013
Catherine O'Hara makes this movie. Her face at the end is priceless.
March 3, 2013
Not the best CG mockumentary, but worth watching!
Bathsheba Monk
Bathsheba Monk

February 28, 2013
After I was five minutes into this, I remembered I saw it a couple of years ago. Anyway, it held up. In fact, I liked it better this time around.
February 28, 2013
Really good satire on the movie and entertainment industry.
rodjeckrich
January 15, 2013
Not nearly as strong as his previous comedies. Fred Willard is the highlight in this.
December 14, 2012
I love movies like this!
December 8, 2012
Wow! It is really disheartening to see how many people in the audience review section called this a mockumentary. It is not a mockumentary. It's actually the first Christopher Guest movie I've seen that isn't a mockumentary and although it is not his best work it is, ahem, worthy of consideration. Considering how many comedies get released in theaters these days that hardly produce a chuckle I have to say that I am surprised by how underrated this film has been. I can only chalk it up to expectations as Guest has one hell of a track record and admittedly this is not his finest film. However it is still a good comedy and I laughed a great deal more than I expected after I heard this one was a dud. The film is sometimes a little more mean spirited than I am used to from Guest but I have to admit that I don't usually have a problem with mocking the Hollywood types. Catherine O'Hara and Parker Posey are great as usual along with the rest of the usual Guest suspects.
December 7, 2012
What the film? ok then.... will consider it....
Anthony L

September 3, 2012
A mildly amusing Christopher Guest 'Mockumentary' about the Hollywood movie industry. It's not an original idea but it's not the same as the others, although that isn't always a good thing. Considering the collaborations this should have been funnier. There are a few good chuckles here and there but no big belly laughs that you'd expect.