For Your Consideration Reviews

July 11, 2015
Not the best of Guest's movies, but enjoyable nevertheless. The strength of the cast is what really carries this picture, and obviously the subject matter.
½ November 23, 2014
The usual mockumentary cast lampoons Hollywood award season and a movie about Purim. A few tee-hees here and there but I wish it would have stayed focused on the making of the movie.
October 28, 2014
Not that funny, extremely depressing but very well directed
August 29, 2014
A funny take on the craziness of award season with great performances from O'Hara, Shearer, Posey, Lynch, and Willard.
February 25, 2010
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ July 20, 2014
Its a shame Christopher Guest hasn't made any mockumentaries since this one, but seeing it one can sadly see why this is so. It is not entirely without merit, though it is close. It is by far the worst of the bunch, and the decline since Best in Show is clear. A Mighty Wind was too bland, this one is too dark and is, uniquely among Guest's mockumentaries, utterly unbelievable. I don't for a second believe anyone would make the Home for Purim movie, or that it would have anything to do with awards of any kind. This contributes to the feeling that the whole movie, not just the mad scrambling for nominations, is a cruel joke. This is fully proven at the end by the mutilation by plastic surgery of the main star, which is a little funny in a surreal way, but is mostly just tragic. For Your Consideration isn't a comedy, its an angry mess of a hollywood condemnation which doesn't even work as that kind of film because of its own absurdity.
½ February 24, 2014
I found this film funny.
½ January 9, 2014
There is some effective satire; I just wished it had been developed more.
November 19, 2013
11/16/13 I understand Guest's style now and I'm beginning to like it more and more. His characters are always idiots, but it is pretty funny. This isn't the funniest movie ever, but it kept me chuckling the whole way through.
½ February 3, 2009
Funny stuff, but not as impactful as Guest's other mocku-mentaries.
½ September 3, 2013
Remember that this is satire and relies on improv to get through this one. Some jokes are great and make the movie, especially from Jennifer Coolidge, as always. When it does slow down and drones, it really suffers, though.
August 24, 2013
A mildly funny, moderately insightful satire on Hollywood values, 'For Your Consideration' turns out to be a mostly messy and patchy production, though it gains momentum by the end. A decent experience on the whole, though there are better comparable films.
July 9, 2013
Honestly, I did expect a bit more from the film, considering the director's and the cast's reputation. That being said, the film is rather funny, especially the last 15 minutes or so where the climax finally kicks in. With an excellent performance by Catherine O'Hara (ironically enough, one that gave her Oscar buzz!), this is definitely a well-acted film all around with the rest of the cast giving great performances, too. Definitely talks volumes about the way Hollywood works and is a great criticism of the Hollywood fame-machine! Definitely interesting enough to keep you entertained, but not extremely funny nor does much of it stick with one afterwards...except of Ms O'Hara's performance.
May 23, 2013
Hugeky disappointing mockumentary staring the guys behind Spinal Tap, this however is not directed by Marty DiBergi. One or two decent gags but overal all it just didn't work.
April 28, 2013
An enjoyable satire on Hollywood. Not great, but funny enough to be an interesting screening.
½ March 17, 2013
Catherine O'Hara makes this movie. Her face at the end is priceless.
½ March 3, 2013
Not the best CG mockumentary, but worth watching!
Bathsheba Monk
February 28, 2013
After I was five minutes into this, I remembered I saw it a couple of years ago. Anyway, it held up. In fact, I liked it better this time around.
February 28, 2013
Really good satire on the movie and entertainment industry.
January 15, 2013
Not nearly as strong as his previous comedies. Fred Willard is the highlight in this.