Population 436 Reviews

½ February 20, 2015
This dart of a horror movie is far from a bulls eve.
Robbanflix
January 8, 2007
Okey thriller/mystery movie and feels maybe like a episode from X-files/the village or something. A town that always have a population of 436 in some strange way. Decent story but there are better movies.
November 14, 2014
WOW.....WOW.....WOW....JUST SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN I HAVE JUST SEEN THIS MOVIE 4 THE 1ST TIME N THINK THAT THIS IS SUCH A DREADFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL, ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS JUST SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO RUBBISH, DREADFUL, POINTLESS, THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL RUBBISH MOVIE 2 WATCH, THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY BORING RUBBISH DREADFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......

Alternate ending::

In the Alternate ending, Kady and Amanda survive, as Kady swerves to avoid the truck at the last possible moment, avoiding their fatal accident

This movie carries a more-than-passing parallel/allusion to Shirley Jackson's classic short story, "The Lottery", published in New Yorker Magazine, 1948. This is particularly apparent in the sequence where the resident who is to be sacrificed to keep the population down is selected by drawing a name from a box full of slips of paper on which residents have written their names. It also shares a similar theme with M. Night Shyamalan's The Village, and Robin Hardy's The Wicker Man as being a secluded small town stuck in a completely different era, both in custom and in dress.

The story also contains references to numerology, in particular Biblical numerology. The residents of Rockwell Falls believe that the word 'solidarity' has a numerological value of 13, which is also the sum of the digits of 436, the town's population (There are also 13 letters in the town's name). (See digit summing). In Population 436, special meanings are also attributed to the individual numbers 4, 3 and 6.

THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO BAD.....JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS.....
July 12, 2014
A small town whose population never changes uses religion to justify the means in which it happens. Acting is sub-par and the story is on the far-fetched side. It produces no feelings of horror or suspense. Lame.
½ July 13, 2013
The Most Perfect Place on Earth--Are you in a Matrix??
January 3, 2013
wow that was some trippy people
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
½ October 19, 2012
A shocking and frighting film made so by Jeremy Sisto's compelling and sympathetic performance
March 18, 2010
A town that for decades has always had the same population draws intrest from the census burow. How they keep 436 people always is disturbing.
September 2, 2012
Not great but not bad. I think the scariest part about this movie is the idea that there are some people out there that are that extreme with stuff like that. lol
August 27, 2012
um yet ANOTHER movie doing this religious people are crazy thing. i wonder who is behind all of this? oh yeah the movie was wack btw?
June 14, 2012
pretty good movie, could have been alot more creepier and eerie though. the people seemed too normal. the only thing eerie about them was when they hung that woman
½ May 23, 2012
I found this movie rather boring. The plot you figured out right away. Save your time and $ and don't rent this one! A BIG YAWN!
½ May 21, 2012
Not a bad little horror/suspense movie with a half decent plot that for the sake of budget could have carried a much larger movie. Some fun performances from lesser known actors, along with the capable Sisto, deliver a watchable flick that smacks slightly of twilight zone but unlike most movies of that ilk it fills it's running time and feels worthy of it too.
May 2, 2012
Fred Durst is a better actor than I had expected. Doesn't mean I like Limp Bizkit, though. Nothing will change that.
April 10, 2012
I actually like this movie. I can see why some would find the ending unsatisfying, but I liked it. We saw a chapter in the town's saga, it existed before we came and will continue to after we're gone. Plot has been similarly done before (Shirley Jackson's The Lottery, M. Knight's The Village, etc) but this has a unique story and good subtext and solid performances from the cast, worth seeing.
February 6, 2012
Terrible Ending!!! YOU JUST DON'T END MOVIE LIKE THAT. Also there were a lot of unexplained parts near the end. :(...
½ February 1, 2012
Nicely done thriller. I like the way it all came about. Fred Durst did a pretty good job.
December 20, 2011
I must be easy to please in the boy department and horror genre now because not only did I think Jeremy Sisto was cute in this and I've never thought he was hot before in my life, but this movie has Fred Durst in it which would automatically make this a one-star movie but I still didn't think it was terrible.
December 4, 2011
this movie brings in a creepy setting some decent acting but overall the story is great are there places like this and is everbody brianed washed just watch it