The Year Without a Santa Claus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Year Without a Santa Claus Reviews

November 28, 2013
Total kitsch, bad CGI, some bad makeup, but I still enjoy it and so does my daughter. I have the Rankin-Bass version as well and this is just fun to add to the collection. My daughter loves it and this adaptation is basically your made for TV low budget live version. Did I say a lot of negative things about it? Yep. The classics will always be classics but we can't be so stuck on them that we shun everything new. I'd never heard of it and I only watched it by accident because it came in the Rankin-Bass collection and am glad to have it in the mix (even the originals get annoying if you don't change it up) It's full of heart, full of fun, ridiculous, and sweet.
November 23, 2012
A horrible excuse to make a Christmas film. Despite Goodman's woeful Santa, which is a treat Griffin and Suplee's elves are un-funnily cast and Dylan Minnette's unbelieving child is just truly terrible.
December 7, 2012
Another movie to see!
½ November 29, 2012
i loved the snow miser and the heat miser in this! mother nature too.
½ October 15, 2012
The snowmiser and heatmiser were like the only thing I liked about about it.
February 16, 2012
havent quite seen the whole thing yet but love what i have saw
December 7, 2011
Another adaptation of the book, but is mostly a painful extension of the Rankin and Bass cartoon. This becomes no more apparent than when they decide to just throw in the Heat/Snow Miser songs. In the same sad way that Ron Howard's Grinch used the song from the 60's version. It's a highlight, but it just reminds us how unimaginative and tacky the remake is. We have a needless antagonist that wants to replace Santa with Extreme Santa, and Jangle is obsessed with urban culture and television. Towards the end it picks up, when I forgot the main plot of the film, and it focused on the son and his politician father. Goodman is fine as a cranky Santa, but he's just playing himself. McKean and Fierstein have some fun as the Miser brothers, even though I don't think Fierstein's voice suits the singing sections. The cartoon has more heart, more soul, and doesn't go for forced "humour".
December 11, 2009
There are many many many legends how Santa Clause was brought to life, here is my favorite which I was told by a friend long time ago some details I remember:
There was a old Man living in Norwegians Forests and he use to make those Wooden Toys for kids who were living in the nearest Village, so every Christmas he went in to Village and brought all those nice Wooden Toys for the Kids. This is all I know.
August 10, 2009
July 21, 2009
A classic. I always love the scenes with the Heat Miser and the Cold Miser, but I always weep buckets when Blitzen gets sick in the dog pound.
June 11, 2009
A good Christmas movie.
April 21, 2009
havent quite seen the whole thing yet but love what i have saw
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
½ December 28, 2008
I didn't pay the movie that much attention, but it seemed good... a little boring some times. Anyway, it was kind of funny.
December 21, 2008
I was into this cartoon WAY before it became poular. The miser brother make the cartoon but I can't help but chuckle at the little girl with the big red bow singing "blue christmas."
December 20, 2008
Christmas spitit thru the roof!
December 20, 2008
I'm not sure why, but this is one of my favorite x-mas movies of all times!
December 19, 2008
An awesome movie to watch during the christmas holiday!
November 3, 2008
Another great holiday must see!