Vitus Reviews

September 4, 2010
Superb! Heartwarming, interesting, clever and fun! If there had been a six star rating, that's what I would have given Vitus. One of the most delightful movies I've ever seen, and oh, the music! This film runs the gamut of emotions, and ends with the best of them all.
April 24, 2008
This was a great story and the cast was wonderful. I loved the final performance; it was a great way to end the movie.
January 14, 2012
Fantastic movie, classy in every way. Ignore dumb comments from critics who can't stand anything that isn't violent, tragic, or contemptible in some way. Vitus is movie which has characters you actually like (what a concept!). No one is a felon, even.
½ July 10, 2010
I think this was the first German movie I ever saw, and I really liked it! Vitus's relationship with his babysitter was darling.
½ December 28, 2008
This is the 2nd movie that has made me cry watching's a fabulous story and the main actor does all his own playing.
June 24, 2008
Foreign, German. This is a good movie! About a child prodegy that injures himself, in a fall, and becomes 'normal' and the events that happen after his fall. All aspects of a great movie, sets, scenery, quality film, acting, story and great music. I loved this movie and highly recommend it; for all ages!
July 20, 2015
Entertaining crowd-pleaser.
½ January 21, 2014
It's interesting to note some less-than-enthusiastic comments of others about 'yet another child prodigy story,' which proceed to harp on that single note without giving the film credit for it's strengths. For me, this fantastic performance by Teo Gheorgiu succeeds at rehumanizing the prodigy stereotype, has fun doing so, and THAT wholistic perspective helps make it an ideal family movie. Big deal, there's no Rach 3, Hammerklavier or Gaspard des le Nuit--for Vitus, this is not a shortcoming.
June 27, 2013
I Thought it was very interesting, and the pianist was excellent
May 9, 2013
This is a remarkable film depicting a brilliant talent both in real life and in the film role that he portrays. Bruno Ganz and Teo Gheorghiu are paired in a unique and charming way and play off of each other beautifully. It is spectacular. In my estimation this is 5 stars+++.
½ February 22, 2013
Though not highly original, Vitus is slightly redeemed by its charm and compelling performances.
½ January 25, 2013
Vitus is a delight of a movie with an excellent cast, and wonderful script and direction. Precisely what I loved about it was the whimsical relationship of the grandfather and the boy, and the restraint used to keep this film from becoming the bombastic melodrama or slick Hollywood comedy that it could have become with a less sensitive director. Bravo!
January 29, 2013
Engaging and delightful!
July 13, 2012
Una historia extremista, actuaciones aceptables, y una direccion precisa hacen de este trabajo un film encantador, pero inverosimil.
September 18, 2011
Like the film "August Rush", Vitus is an adorable child prodigy who carries all the other characters. Being probably unrealistic, it is the kind of dream that I love to keep in my hopes.
½ June 9, 2011
Great story surrounding a child prodegy who only wants to be normal.
½ January 12, 2011
I wish I'd have a grandpa like Bruno Ganz...
January 3, 2011
A wonderful history about life, social pressure and music.
November 28, 2010
you're kidding me? It was worst film I've ever seen..