Total Recall: Halloween Director Rob Zombie's Favorites

Summary

Under the "Hellbilly Deluxe" trappings, Rob Zombie is a true cinephile at heart: he's as likely to find inspiration in the works of Martin Scorsese and Sam Peckinpah as he is in the grimy world of low-rent 1970s drive-in fare. True, Zombie looks to the dark side for inspiration, but he's also informed by works with gallows humor. Back to Article

Comments

Now it's dark

Kirby K

NotH is the best directorial work ever by an actor, imho.

Aug 29 - 08:05 PM

primetime21335

Homer Simpson

zombie is the ****, get off his jock. i liked both of his films before and because I actually find being stabbed scary I'm sure I'll enjoy this rendition of halloween a lot. take this rotten snobs, I actually like Halloween 4&5 more than the original! that means this film should be right up my alley. I am excited.

Aug 29 - 08:07 PM

ffamilyguy

Tyson Thomas

Halloween 5? Come on...that was trash...Halloween 4 was a suprise return to the series, and had some jumpy moments...but it still wasn't that good. 5 was just....bad...flat out bad! If anyone has it or remembers, there was a scene where a cop was talking back to the dispatch and was looking at his rear view mirror and said "i don't know...I think it is one of ours". It was a freakin cop car with lights on...and he says "i think it is one of ours". How stupid can the directer be. It was dumb. Better than the original??? Come on, you must either love Uwe Bolle films or be like 9 years old...no wait....probably 8.

Aug 29 - 10:34 PM

primetime21335

Homer Simpson

I'm actually 20... but I must admit when I watched 4 & 5 I was closer to 12... Lol. Back then I watched almost the entire horror shelf at my local video store. I rewatched H20 this summer and it was actually pretty good. I also watched the one with Busta Rhymes, one that I remembered liking, and thought it stunk pretty bad.

So maybe if I watch 4 & 5 again I would change my mind. I'd have to re watch 1 again too, because when I watched that years ago it was a major disappointment.

I'm going to go google 4 and see what I find.

Aug 30 - 08:12 AM

Jesse Moore

Who gives a f-ck about his favorites? He ruined a classic film and simple storyline. If anyone's seen the workprint of this film pre-reshoots, then you'll know what I mean.

I doubt that the reshoots are gonna fix his movie, more like polishing a turd.

Aug 29 - 10:49 PM

sickofitall

b x

shutup you tool

Aug 30 - 09:46 AM

Figures...

Shut up tool = I Don't have anything better to say, because I'm so f-cking stupid.

Aug 30 - 04:02 PM

Some guy you dont know

Bruce Campbell

Atleast it dosen't smell like a turd lke you.

Aug 29 - 11:17 PM

Jesse Moore

What? Are you serious, coming at me with that kindergarten crap? Go back to the kiddie table, or better yet stick your wet finger in an electrical socket.

Aug 29 - 11:50 PM

Some guy you dont know

Bruce Campbell

Look, just because you smell like a turd, dosen't mean you can tell a little kid to gp kill himself.

You shouldn't generalize either. It makes you look just as bad.

Aug 30 - 11:57 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Words of wisdom. Words of truth.

Aug 30 - 03:32 PM

Jesse Moore

Just because you can use a keyboard, doesn't mean it's a good idea to.

Aug 30 - 03:44 PM

Zombiechic1972

Laura Cimino

I couldn't agree with you more, Bruce. Love your movies by the way.

Aug 30 - 12:26 PM

Jesse Moore

I don't know what's more pathetic. You thinking that's actually Bruce Campbell enough to compliment the films he's in, or you agreeing with him over something that isn't even to be agreed or disagreed upon. What exactly did you agree with? That I smell like a turd? Good lord, is there something in your all's water supply, or did your parents choose not to listen to much wiser people about BIRTHCONTROL?

Aug 30 - 03:49 PM

Zombiechic1972

Laura Cimino

I couldn't agree with you more, Bruce. Love your movies by the way.

Aug 30 - 12:28 PM

Aug 29 - 11:50 PM

Some guy you dont know

Bruce Campbell

You shouldn't generalize either. It makes you look just as bad.

Aug 30 - 11:57 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Words of wisdom. Words of truth.

Aug 30 - 03:32 PM

Jesse Moore

Just because you can use a keyboard, doesn't mean it's a good idea to.

Aug 30 - 03:44 PM

TpUnZo92

Tyler Punzo

all i know is that regardless of what anybody says im going to see this tomorrow juss cuz i like halloween and micheal myers hes one of the few killers that actually scares me. Jason: has its jumpy moments, chucky: ****in hilarious, freddy:he kills you in ur dreams (first 2 were great, the rest stink)

Aug 30 - 07:16 AM

Victor Vega

patrick finn

Lets talk about a good and forgotten horror with "The Stepfather" and please foget the sequels.

Aug 30 - 07:44 AM

primetime21335

Homer Simpson

I'm going to go google 4 and see what I find.

Aug 30 - 08:12 AM

sickofitall

b x

shutup you tool

Aug 30 - 09:46 AM

Figures...

Aug 30 - 04:02 PM

Some guy you dont know

Bruce Campbell

You shouldn't generalize either. It makes you look just as bad.

Aug 30 - 11:57 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Words of wisdom. Words of truth.

Aug 30 - 03:32 PM

Jesse Moore

Just because you can use a keyboard, doesn't mean it's a good idea to.

Aug 30 - 03:44 PM

Zombiechic1972

Laura Cimino

I couldn't agree with you more, Bruce. Love your movies by the way.

Aug 30 - 12:26 PM

Aug 30 - 03:49 PM

Zombiechic1972

Laura Cimino

I couldn't agree with you more, Bruce. Love your movies by the way.

Aug 30 - 12:28 PM

cart25

carter nixon

i don't get it when people talk about remakes "ruining the original" it makes no sense to me. the original will always be there.

It isn't like the original halloween is going to be banned from now on and this is all you will ever get to see.

Carpenters film hasn't been ruined at all. it still exists.
I would much rather see zombies version then get more sequels where myers is taken down in hand to hand combat by a third rate rapper"

I really enjoyed this film. Funnily enough I enjoyed the first half more than the second and the second half is the half that more closely resembles the original.I think the last act is a little rushed and disjointed but it didn't ruin my overall experiance with the film.

I almost wish that zombie had just made his own serial killer movie but I am glad to see myers back on the big screen being a badass not having his *** handed to him in some kind of ihorror myspace busta rhymes starring bull****.

Aug 30 - 02:27 PM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Words of wisdom. Words of truth.

Aug 30 - 03:32 PM

Jesse Moore

Just because you can use a keyboard, doesn't mean it's a good idea to.

Aug 30 - 03:44 PM

Aug 30 - 03:49 PM

Figures...

Aug 30 - 04:02 PM

damvbat

damv bat

Let him remake Kindergarden cop

Aug 30 - 04:38 PM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Sheesh. Who rang the retard bell.

Aug 30 - 07:07 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday