• R, 1 hr. 49 min.

—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Halloween Reviews

Landon M.
March 29, 2014
A extremely unnecessary remake that should have never been made.
tvguy63
September 13, 2014
i honestly think this version is wayy better than carpenter's version its moe detailed about who meyers really was .
September 3, 2014
Bloody to the point of nauseating viewing, but not without the fear. Rob Zombie's Halloween remake surpasses John Carpenter's original by providing a detailed, depth-full back story on the iconic horror villain, Michael Myers and brings this idea to the table in the most illuminated way with its incredibly talented young-version actor, Daeg Faerch.
Nathaniel A.
August 28, 2014
Easily the best of the 80's slasher films reboots and a whole lot better than all of the original sequels except for 2 and H20 even though it does have several glaring flaws.
June 2, 2014
Rob Zombie brings many new ideas to the table in Halloween, diving into Michael Myers' childhood and explaining how a monster truly becomes a monster, along with a brutal -- yet brilliant -- look at bullying and child abuse. Unlike John Carpenter's horror classic, Rob Zombie actually put depth into his vision and made it his own, while staying faithful to John Carpenter. This remake surpassed the original by a mile and quite possibly--put John Carpenter to shame, along with a huge shout-out to Daeg Faerch, who portrays a tremendous child psychopath and provides our iconic Boogeyman with a backstory.
August 10, 2014
I feel terribly for Rob Zombie, because the guy makes fantastic horror films, and is the most underrated director in Hollywood. Quit sipping your Haterade, and take a lesson from the master. This retelling of the classic Halloween story truly holds up to it's predecessor. Whenever change occurs, most people are often deterred. I, however, really enjoyed this movie as much as I enjoyed John Carpenter's 1978 classic.
July 21, 2014
The first part: brilliant, the second part: terrible. Hated the actors too.
August 29, 2007
i dont like this franshise , I like the old ones better
October 22, 2012
Halloween tries to show depth and development by exploring Michael Myers past with a modern flare. However, it's nothing new and it ultimately adds to the generic horror film genre. Which sometimes is not a bad thing.
October 26, 2010
I will say this, I like Rob Zombie's White Zombie stuff, but when it comes to making movies, other than Devil's Rejects, NOT SO MUCH!
Right now it's obvious I don't really care for his version of HALLOWEEN!The reasons why I briefly or try to make briefly go into.
The problem that arises with "Halloween" is that it comes into conflict with the concept of Michael being purely evil like many reviews have said before me. What made Michael Myers so scary(in my opinion) was that u didn't know why he was the way he was. There was no explanation,he was just PURE EVIL! If u see the beginning of the original Halloween, his family seemed pretty normal when u saw them whereas in the REMAKE hisfamily is White TRASH, mom is a stripper and his stepdad is a Drunken waste of life, HOW ORIGINAL!!! How the FUCK is that SCARY? The more they go into a backstory of MM, the more I feel it weakened him. He just was another messed up kid from a messed up family who kills people, I mean u might as well have his mom cut off his MANHOOD!
Another thing is I believe was eerie bout the ORIGINAL MM was how he moved. He didnt walk like a SANE HUMAN BEING,he moved almost like a ROBOT where the recent MM walks pretty normal but thats a minor comment.
A bigger complaint was the fact that the modern MM is a Hulking figure that just makes him almost seem like a Gentle Giant type. That wasnt scary to me. A better example to make it more clear; in Terminator 2, the new villain(ROBERT PATRICK) was basically a midsize average looking guy that somehow gave Arnold a run for his money. It was better to have someone that look like ur neighbor as that VILLAIN than some ANDRE the Giant type where it just looks silly.
Malcolm McDowell who plays Dr. Loomis unlike Donald Pleasance who played the original just seems outta place here saying Ridiculous dialogue and looking like he wishes he weren't in this movie. (Taylor Compton's) Laurie Strode is kind of annoying and her character in this Halloween kinda sounds like an overthought that was put in this film because she was our main HERO in the Original, I mean she doesnt show up til Halfway though.I also notice that there are many cameos in this film from actors who have appeared in many classic horror films like DEE WALLACE(Cujo, Howling, Hills Have Eyes,etc.),Brad Duriff(Child's Play),Ken Foree(Dawn of the Dead),and Bill Moseley(TCM 2,Devil's Rejects,etc.) but I don't feel they added anything to the story in fact I found it a distraction.
Now I like Blood and Guts like the next guy, but if it doesnt have the Intensity,Thrills,Believability,Entertanment,etc than it just becomes Reduntant and Dull.
I know Zombie loves 70's horror like I do but that doesnt mean he has to make films based on 70's classics. Id write more but I feelI've written enough.
July 27, 2014
Just another horror whit no new ideas but only the old typical bloody elements.
September 15, 2008
Totally unneeded film. The original series had no definite close yet this movie was made. This movie is stained with the standard fare of Rob Zombie films: pointless and overuse of vulgarity and language, unlikable leads, turns a suburb in Illinois somehow into a redneck area. Just awful.
July 19, 2014
A refreshing and thoroughly exhilarating experience to see Halloween through the eyes of Rob Zombie!
July 15, 2014
To start this off, Rob Zombie's Halloween has got to be one of the scariest movies of 2007. But the plot of the first act couldn't been better I mean having Michael Meyers raised by a stripper and an old cripple abusive is pretty dramatic. This is a remake so it should be different from the original so this is a great horror movie. It did scared me with the frightening scenes and the intensiveness it had so its good.
July 14, 2014
The original HALLOWEEN(1978) is so much better. Why try to ruin a classic by analyzing and justifying Michael Myers' character?
June 16, 2007
It may lack the scare of the original film but this Rob Zombie version is offensive, dusturbing, merciless, and violent enough just as a killer slasher film should be [B]
Jari K.
June 30, 2014
An atrocious attempt to make the audience feel sorry for the poor psychopathic mass murderer. Carpenter himself said that the audience should never try and relate with Michael Myers. Even if we took the broken childhood explanation at face value, it still seems inadequate, since everyone around Michael already is a reprehensible supervillain in the making.

The part of Dr. Loomis' reactions in the original Halloween was paramount to the full Michael Myers experience, here Loomis is just an incompetent bumbler who needs to remind the audience constantly that he failed in his treatment of Michael.

Even the horror factor is too much in your face to make it build up any tension from one jumpscare to another.
June 23, 2014
Despite popular opinion i rather enjoyed this version for the added gore and more developed story of Michael Myers