Dirty Laundry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dirty Laundry Reviews

April 14, 2015
amusingly decent but with an abrupt ending that leaves a sour taste.
April 15, 2012
better than i thought would be
October 26, 2011
make comment much later..
December 31, 2010
One for the books! I think many may be able to relate to the story concept of "Dirty Laundry" and how "everybody's got some"!
½ October 3, 2009
comedic nice and funnny but moving a sensew of family values .
½ September 23, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
September 17, 2009
Thought it was a real issue many families run or hide from..
½ December 10, 2008
Loved it, bought it last week at Walmart
October 18, 2008
this is one of those weak movies that go straight to dvd and never hit the big screen. perfectly fine for one of those days when you have nothing better to do.
June 8, 2008
To Funny!!! This is a must see, finaly a movie that show how disfunctinal real fmailes can be. I laughed so hard, I started to cry.
½ May 25, 2008
FUNNY! I liked that the family was like how real families are...there is no such thing as a Brady Bunch family.
April 21, 2008
This was an example of a good idea for an interesting drama that was ruined by bad acting and a story that was a little too slow to start.
½ March 23, 2008
This movie was kind of slow, but had some notable actors/actresses in it.
March 19, 2007
I did not really like this movie.
½ March 8, 2008
Fantastic movie! I was rarther skeptical because Tyler Perry's movies get heavy. While there was a healthy dose of drama in this one, it didn't not get over-bearing nor heavy. There was great humor and very touching moments.
January 14, 2008
it was okay but, not worth buying
February 17, 2008
Very good movie. It was too funny. A must see
½ February 14, 2008
I didnt quiet relize that this is a gay movie.. but, it wasent bad
February 12, 2008
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]I got a chance to see a preview copy of the upcoming urban comedy [i]Dirty Laundry[/i] by writer/actor/director Maurice Jamal. The film is quite funny. I really liked how the movie transitions from a comedy to a drama without dropping the laughs.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]We all know the Prodigal Son parable?Jamal?s spin on the parable is, for lack of a better word, unique. In this version Rockmond Dunbar (Prison Break, Soul Food) plays a class-conscience, gay, magazine writer named Patrick. He lives in New York City and seems to have everything life has to offer. His world is turned upside down when a 10 year old boy knocks on his door and claims to be his son. Patrick is forced to go home and investigate. He is reunited with his conservative southern African-American family which he abandoned a decade earlier. The family struggles to resolve unsettled differences between them.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]The cast of characters is tremendous ? Jenifer Lewis the hypercritical Aunt Lettuce, Terri J. Vaughn the sympathetic sister Jackie, Loretta Devin stands out as the hardened mother Evelyn, and writer Maurice Jamal impresses as brother Eugene. The film stressed the son?s arrogance during family exchanges rather than focusing on his sexual preference which made the movie comfortable to watch. There were a number of scenes that I thoroughly enjoyed but, when the whole town finds out that Patrick is gay at the church barbeque I laughed uncontrollably.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]In short, [i]Dirty Laundry[/i] is a movie that delivers. As a writer, Maurice Jamal comedic style and talent are refreshing. The film will appeal to a wide range of audiences. It is no wonder this picture has won several independent film festival awards. This is where I say buy, rent, or download the movie! You won?t be disappointed[/color][/size][/font]
February 6, 2008
5.5/10. This turned out a lot deeper than I thought. The acting isn't very good, but the story is. It does jump around from comedy to drama a bit too much, but overall it is entertaining. There are some very funny scenes.