The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Reviews

October 25, 2008
When Dr. Jekyll cures a chimp of a heart condition he decided to test the drug on himself that of course doesnt go so well as it brings out the evil primitive part of him in the form of Mr. Hyde who ends up killing 3 people along the way and now the cops are on the case and they seek to stop Mr. Hyde no matter what. This movie started off really good had small bits of humor in it as well as the horror and gore also Tony Todd was really good in the role but then it up and fell apart in the end worth checking out but no need to rush and see it.
March 25, 2011
It is really bad, but it does have some good acting. Bad script, disappointing pay off, and just horrible. I somewhat liked Tony Todd's character though.
January 10, 2011
This movie reminded me of something a bunch of high school students would make if they were given a camcorder, some fake blood and 200 bucks for a budget. It's so bad, it's amusing.
May 10, 2008
Pretty bad version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Stick with one of the classics. Poorly written, the acting isn't too bad though. A waste of time.
½ January 27, 2014
I'm sure a 12 y/o boy would love this film: lotsa unnecessary blood, gore, & bimbos. Nothing new to add to the Jekyll & Hyde story. Waste of Tony Todds acting.
March 25, 2011
January 10, 2011
½ May 23, 2010
Directed by John Carl Buechler, who gave us the great sleeping bag kill in Friday The 13th, Part VII. Pretty decent film, it actually manages to capture that 80's feel.
½ February 13, 2010
The acting was horrible, not sure how I sat through it. They changed a lot of things from the book, including the setting, gender/occupation of characters, etc. I have nothing against it being different from the book, my issue is the acting. Had the acting been up to par, it would have definitely gotten more stars from me. I'll stick to the book & the classic black & white movie versions.
½ November 14, 2009
Obviously, this is a world where Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde never existed except as the current incarnation... and a really bad incarnation at that. I know Tracy Scoggins probably isn't doing much these days, but I think doing nothing is better than doing this. And when Mr. Hyde finally evolves to a guy in a gorilla mask?! Come on!!! What, did they not know how to end the movie properly?
January 12, 2009
I can't decide if this is a three-star movie that loses a star for the ridiculously bad ape-head-transformation nonsense at the end or a one-star movie that gets an extra star for the ridiculously bad ape-head-transformation nonsense at the end...
½ November 14, 2008
Ugh. Bad bad bad and more bad. Not even in a fun way.
October 25, 2008
½ July 15, 2008
El extrano caso del Dr. Jekyll y Mr Hyde - Tengo solo una palabra para describir esta peli­cula... ¡Mala! pero lo que se llama ¡Mala!... malos actores, malos efectos y demas... no vale la pena hablar mas de ella... fuchila
July 13, 2008
Hyyyi miten kakkosluokan leffa. Muun muassa nayttelytyo ja dialogi ovat surkeaa seurattavaa. Goreakin kaytetty mauttomasti... En heti keksi tasta mitaan hyvaa sanottavaa. Valttakaa jos voitte. :)
June 10, 2008
HAHAHA! AWESOME MOVIE! I can see some white guy comign up with the great idea for this movie...."lets make Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde....with a black guy!" hahaah
This movie was hilarious. Bad actors to go along with a terrible script. I loved the drama over the dective carrying her gun! HAHAHA
"Hey can I see you in my office? Listen.....you're not carrying your gun on waist...this is serious." hahahah
Haha and thie girls partnet. He was great! Awesome voice! hahah
June 10, 2008
this movie would have been better if it were just a spoof. Everyone in the cast does a good job of over acting, unfortunately, no one can win an award for that. save your money dont rent this movie.
May 21, 2008
Incrdibly bad modernization of the classic story, with the always intense Tony Todd. The Hyde make-up is bizarre and seems to change every time the character appears. SPOILER: Hyde turns into a giant chimp in a tuxedo at the end...
May 10, 2008