Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey & Clover) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey & Clover) Reviews

December 22, 2008
I really love this movie, not only because it is based on one of my favorite animes and mangas, but because it is very romantic with a sense of normality.
November 27, 2008
Yusuke Iseya as Miyata is incredibly silly in Honey and Clover. I loved it. The characters are also likeably your average teenagers trying to get through their youth dealing with love and heartbreak and life's diasppointments. But they encouage eachother not to give up and it has a postive outcome.
August 9, 2008
A quirky story about young love and youth in general accessible even to people who have not read the original manga (like myself). Going into this with no real knowledge of the characters I still enjoyed the general feeling of the movie, which includes the angst and typical characters you would find in a high school romance manga/anime. I really enjoyed the characters and the love story with first loves, overall a great cast.
December 3, 2007
Love this movie and Takumi Mayama is soo hot and messed up but cute lol^^. it is a cute but i hate it at the same time^^
October 30, 2008
Nice gentle movie about the lives and loves of 5 art students at university. Yu Aoi is sweet as Hagu but what's the deal with the fuzzy cat?
½ January 28, 2012
It was a pretty movie. It stays close to the original anime in terms of characterisation and the feel. Loved it.
June 23, 2008
I don't see the point of this movie. Nothing really changed in the end...
August 22, 2008
ahhh sho was so good in this!
its was funny and sad and weird at the same time! very good movie
½ October 11, 2010
(*** 1/2): Thumbs Up

A very good coming of age film. Likeable characters and good direction.
July 27, 2010
nice i love movies and anime like this
July 9, 2010
it's youth and it's life
½ June 6, 2010
another japan movie with great casts and story to watch!
February 17, 2010
"Honey & Clover" is a gentle look into the lives of 5 art school friends who struggle with love and identity. The film tends to focus most on Takemoto's (played by Sho Sakurai of "Kisarazu Cat's Eye" fame) new found love for the awkwardly beautiful Hagu (Yû Aoi). The supporting characters are likeable and there are pretty moments sprinkled throughout. The film ultimately suffers a bit from the transition from a long series (haven't seen the anime yet) into a short form film but, remains a sweet simple film otherwise.
November 12, 2009
i want to watch this!
November 7, 2009
I haven't watch this yet... but I do the anime series. it's a good story. makes me think.. ah.. humans are like this when they don't know the purpose of their existence...
½ September 13, 2009
I love camerawork and imagery in the movie. Awesomely done!
½ December 7, 2008
have seen it. love it!
½ August 8, 2009
A stylish film following five friends, but I believe the only person holding this film together was Yû Aoi. She provided us with a glimpse at a shy artistic individual with a positive outlook on life.
July 24, 2009
i love this movie..all about art
½ June 17, 2009
Friendship, college life, romance.... it was a really heart-warming series between the five students, and yeap~ they are art students too, which is closer to my own world. ^-^