63% Hercules Jul 25

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Veer Zaara (Veer-Zaara) Reviews

Dannielle A

January 19, 2011
3 hours of epic awesomeness... Veer-Zaara is a fun, tear-jerking, romantic musical with a powerful message of doing what is right and honorable, true love conquering all, the truth that sets you free, and the equality of all men and women no matter what race or religion. I enjoyed this tremendously. It was heart-pounding at times and so well-acted and directed.
Marion R

June 30, 2008
This movie was cute and sad, I was surprised how much I really liked it.
iLeo
iLeo

May 30, 2007
An excellent love story! Yash Chopra is a great director. Fascinating story plot. Preity Zinta, Rani Mukherjee, Shahrukh Khan, and Amitabh Bachchan are all phenomenal in this. Great music!
starrose3
January 29, 2008
this IS the love story of ALL times!!!! the love that they had for each other is unimaginable!!!!! unheared of!! so deep!!! AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!!!!!
misterq
December 27, 2008
The plot is excellent and the writing was precise. Each actor brought their character to life in vivid detail.
October 13, 2007
very nice love story. heart warming and sad. But love conquers all and wins in the end. Good if you like Ballywood musicals.
cutedaughter101
April 12, 2008
i love this movie because trying to say that we all are equal if we are mulsim or indian or punjabi.
Movieslug
February 17, 2008
i really enjoyed this one. it made me homesick tho. aside from a few over dramatized parts this film was well doe. i liked the songs and the sets were good. i kept wishing for ladoo and some good old fashioned subjii roti!! khan was convincing in both his roles, preity only convinced me the first half, when she was supposed to be old, she didnt cut it, they should try giving her wrinkles next time!
ananaprincess
October 20, 2007
like it but hate the part they have to waste all those years of their lives not knowing that they are both alive separate
September 24, 2007
A fascinating film that uses a love story as a commentary on the relationship between India and Pakistan. Veer is an Indian prisoner in a Pakistani prison. However, a young female lawyer has decided to fight for his freedom and as she regularly visits him in his cell, he tells her the story of how he became a prisoner. It seems it all started because of his strange encounter with a Pakistani girl named Zaara twenty years before. The story is quite captivating and the characters engaging. The musical numbers are quite delightful and in a few instances quite inventive. It could be argued that the film is a bit on the predictable side but that's hardly a fault in the long run. Certainly worth a look.
elphieispopular
August 3, 2007
This is probably one of my favorite movies ever. SRK, Pretiy, and Rani all do amazing. My favorite scene is at the temple, when it's raining, and Veer and Zaara embrace. It almost brings me to tears!!
sircrocodile
July 2, 2007
Excellent movie...tragic and beautiful at the same time...something out of a story and reality mixed together...
arate86
June 23, 2007
It's a Bollywood film and you have to watch it with subtitles (If you don't speak Hindi) But the story is amazing. Never mind the lenght.
punnjabi4lyfe
June 13, 2007
ONE OF DA BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIMES. REAL GUD STORY, AN UFF RANI HAD A BEST PERFORMANCE, HOW CAN U NOT LIKE IT***
RikusDreamer717
May 5, 2007
Man by far indian movies have the best romance stories!! They might be a bot boring in the beginning but it turns out great towards the end^-^!!!
February 24, 2007
This movie was one of the most emotional love stories i have ever cn. The songs were also gr8 as well!!!!
edgebunny
February 8, 2007
Omg.. Bekah bought this for me when she was in in India. It's supposed to be serious but I guess that gets lost in translation somehow cause we laughed our asses off.
piratechic87
January 11, 2007
this was good movie although the songs weren't the best, though i did enjoy the one with amitab bachchan.
eeshaissmart
October 14, 2006
This is another love story of a pakistani girl and an indian boy they fell in love and at that time there was tension between indians and pakistianis.
sea1605
October 4, 2006
although i was really upset with the time they spent apart from each other their acting and the songs made up for it!