Mirrors Reviews

½ August 11, 2008
An ex-cop takes a security guard job at an old department store. He discovers haunted images in the mirrors.
March 9, 2012
Kiefer Sutherland just can't get out of the 24HR Role, what ever movie you see him in you see his role as the maniac with a gun who has a badge, That being said in this movie his acting was as bad as ever but the story line of this movie was very creepy, not many movies that deal with horror bother me but this one did, I haven't looked at my reflection since. About a hotel in NYC that burned and is now guarded by private security, the mirrors left over from an hospital are possessed, spine chilling worth 4 stars for story line.
October 10, 2011
It was fairly a decent movie but the ending made absolutely no sense at all.
June 24, 2011
Scary but fairly original and really boring, was switching off now and again. It's ok!
February 8, 2009
A fairly original storyline (albeit a remake), although there are plenty of cliche moments, the film iself is slightly drawn out, but some of the creepy bits do play on your mind. A watchable film, but lacked a little scare factor that could so easily have been added, enjoyed the less predictable type of ending.
½ August 14, 2008
Considering the large amount of lame or stupid horror films in recent years, this is actually one of the better ones. The idea of a haunted house may not be entirely new, but the fact that every mirroring surface turns into a threat has potential and is being used accordingly, creating a great atmosphere of paranoia and threat. The film has its strongest moments when Sutherland is channeling Jack Bauer, working on solving the riddle of cursed mirrors. The showdown is a bit too much on the conventional side. While the final twist is not entirely logic it's not as forced or stupid as often in this genre. So fans of horror should definitely enjoy this.
March 28, 2011
Another remake for director Alexandre Aja, this time of the stylish supernatural Korean thriller 'Into the Mirror'. To be fair to the director he can make a decent film and this effort is no different. It's more overblown compared to the original with some wicked gore scenes, alterations to the plot to make it more horrific and it's more fast paced. I thought it was a very enjoyable film that gets pretty creepy at times and I thought the finale was really entertaining. Well worth watching even if you've seen the original.
November 9, 2010
Mirrors had some good gore and a fun plot, but I hated the ending.
½ October 16, 2009
I was always afraid of mirror in real life. I used to see some dumb scary Hindi serial on TV and they used some "blah" effect about mirror (where your reflection start haunting you) and I used to be frightened (well I was a kid and used to sleep alone...boo). This movie scared me to death I tell you (and if I compare this with my childhood seen serial, it would be like comparing a mosquito with an Elephant). I didn't expected it to be that much frightening but it proved me wrong. I like scary movie. The story, atmosphere, acting, makeup, etc everything was awesome. The most scariest part was Angela Carson's (Amy Smart) death. After watching that part, I kinda felt weird when watching my own mirror (yes it's easy to scare me). I do recommend it to watch. But don't watch it alone.
June 12, 2010
Mirrors is a pretty interesting concept for a horror film. Instead of the of a haunted house, we are experiencing terror in an abandoned haunted department store that was once an asylum. A very interesting story unfolds. However this type of film has been done many times over, and is not original. Alexandre Aja, the man responsible for The Hills Have Eyes remake helms this project, and with his expertise, gives it a dark, eerie atmosphere that makes you uncomfortable, very much like Hills have eyes. Kiefer Sutherland gives a decent enough performance, but unfortunately the film relies too much on CGI effects to create it's horror, and thus Mirrors is an ordinary average horror film with barely no payoff in the end. Its a great looking film however, but the rest is average.
May 3, 2010
Wow, Mirrors was laughably bad. I finally ended up finishing the movie on my third attempt, and the only thing interesting about it was the fact that it kept topping its own ridiculousness, again and again. Even hardcore fans of Paula Patton, Kiefer Sutherland, and bad horror movies will find little justify the 100 or so minutes that it takes to watch this.

Think of the countless number of times in horror movies where there was a jump scare involving something suddenly appearing in a mirror as a person looks into it. Ninety percent of the time, these scenes are lame, right? Now imagine an entire movie based around that happening over and over. It's really not much of a surprise that this is so crappy now, is it?

Even once you're past the dead-on-arrival premise, Mirrors has plenty more problems. Kiefer Sutherland is completely wrong for his role. Completely. He just swears awkwardly and slips into Jack Bauer mode at the most awkward times. To be fair, it would be hard for any actor to make much out of the part with a script this bad. Gems like "You gotta be careful of the water, it creates reflections!", actually made me laugh out loud. It's impressive that the cast could say lines like that with a straight face. Add all that to the fact that it moves from one cliche to the next and there are no scares to be found. Mirrors is just an absurd, disposable horror movie with a bad ending. Don't bother with it. Watch The Broken instead - it deals with a similar concept, but executes it much better.
February 4, 2010
One of the worst horror movies I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of bad ones!
January 27, 2010
Mirrors is one of those movies that has a great plot going for it and really gets you into the film... and then totally turns to shit. I hate that. If your movie sucks, then just let the whole thing suck.

The film stars Keifer Sutherland as an out of work cop because of a boo-boo that ends up being a security guard at a burned out hotel in NYC. Why in the hell they would need security at a pile of garbage I do not know, but he does and while working the night shift notices that the mirrors in the place are screwing around with him, leading to every mirror on the planet being an enemy to himself and his family. To save them he must find the old woman who seems to hold the key to this whole mess.

Like I said, the film had a great start and was becoming a first class thriller. Then they kill someone for no apparent reason. Then they make the film so cliched that it's pathetic, ending with crap that tries to be a twist, but fails because we saw it coming a mile away. Mirrors is a real crapfest that leaves you stumbling from its mid point to the end. A thrown together piece of trash..
November 26, 2009
Here is what I don't understand, When you're making a film with this amount of stupidity & plot holes why not camping it up a bit to make at least a bit enjoyable? why so serious? To achieve some sort of shallow intensity? Well sorry It just doesn't work
½ October 9, 2009
½ August 13, 2009
Keifer Sutherland stars as a suspended cop who takes a job as a night guard at the burned out hulk of a department store. Once a grand jewel of consumerism its now a wreck, a fire five years earlier has resulted in a battle with an insurance company and the building sitting waiting for repair. Sutherland soon realizes that strange things are happening with the mirrors and that several of his predecessors have met with bad ends. Looking into the matter he soon finds himself and his family in danger.

Another remake of an Asian horror film, this time from Korea (The original is called Into the Mirrors and is different enough not to warrant too close a comparison). Directed by the man responsible for the French High Tension and the remake of the Hills Have Eyes( for the record, I didn't like either film) this is an occasionally creepy little film that works better in theory then in actuality. For me the problem come down to that the film isn't internally consistent with its logic (A logic that works better in the original). For example How can the evil move from mirror to mirror when it seems tied to the mirrors at the department store? There are other burps of logic that had me asking why instead of getting creeped out by what should be a terrifying story. Don't get me wrong there are things in this film that work and there is a certain amount of tension created with the idea of this mirror world, but at the same time some of it just doesn't work, or at least work in the framework we're presented with. For me this is more of the same from the director who's previous films sort of worked and sort of didn't, his High Tension's final twist is a complete destruction of internal logic in order to have a "cool twist". His films are worth watching but not at what it costs to go to the movies these days.

To sum up, its worth a look as long as its cheaper than ten bucks a head you will pay at the theater
February 15, 2009
Its not a bad movie, its not exactly a horror because the scares are very few and far between but there are some fantastic horror gory horrible killing parts that really made me gag reflexes work awesome!
the storyline was ok but this movie reminded me of Broken with the people in the mirrors killing the person they look like but admittedly this was better and it has a real god ending that i thought was brilliant! Well worth a watch i guess.
½ July 23, 2008
I thought this was a pretty decent horror film overall. Starts well it has a few gory scenes and the old shopping mall has a spooky feel to and a different ending from the usual stuff we get. Tries to be a bit too much like the Ring in the second half but still a enjoyable film all the same.
June 12, 2009
The biggest surprise of this film is that they managed to adapt a remake into this sequel to 24. Jack Bauer is now living a normal life as a mall security guard. He's changed his names, but not his tactics. He runs around SHOUTING when he should be talking and whispering when he should be SHOUTING. The paranormal aspects are a brave, but also ridiculous departure from the TV series. The mirrors don't quite measure up to the best villains of the series and the film fails to establish or stick to any rules. A useless remake, cash-in, spin off. Whatever you want to call it.