Critic Review - IGN Movies UK

Dahl aficionados will be disappointed at the Americanisation of it all, while Anderson fans will doubtless grow tired of the predictable nature of proceedings.

October 23, 2009 Full Review Source: IGN Movies UK | Comments (14)
IGN Movies UK

Comments

The Savage

P Hello Kitty

How can you honestly say "doubtless" in your review attempt? You're saying that without question people will get tired of things? Ridiculous. How can you qualify this?

Nov 2 - 05:36 AM

Scappy D.

Scappy Doo

"while Anderson fans will doubtless grow tired of the predictable nature of proceedings."

Nope, I still love Anderson movies and can't wait.

Nov 2 - 04:31 PM

ILikePancakes

J M

I just don't want to see it because that type of animation is creepy.

Nov 3 - 01:03 PM

MargotVoguey

Sara Nicholls

I'm English, and I'd say it's in no way overly-Americanised, but how can Anderson give it some of his unique AMERICAN style without it being slightly Americanised?
It's not predictable just because it has an ending that was happy - you can tell he was very clear to steer well away from cliches - there are many points in the film where he could have easily slipped into predictable tediom, but he didn't.
Chris, you're just plain...wrong. And I don't like saying that when it comes to opinions.

Nov 3 - 03:11 PM

Sarge77

Eric Johnson

Another critic who carries his political baggage right into his articles.

Nov 3 - 04:10 PM

FutureDoc13

Abraham Lincoln

The proceedings are very likely predictable as it was previously a great children's book. Unfortunately some people just do not comprehend Wes Anderson's greatness. You, unfortunately, are one of them Chris.

Nov 5 - 08:56 PM

jvcarroll

James C.

Just because the film is made by an American doesn't mean it's been Americanized. Anderson is also a Texan, does that mean the film has been Texanized? Bollocks, I say! ;-)

Nov 6 - 12:47 AM

Marcus W.

Marcus Welshonse

Like one little known critic ever kept me from watching a movie that looks like a great movie to watch.

Nov 6 - 05:02 PM

RexLaboro

george glass

I don't know what's worse; the critic who assumes his opinion is professional, or the fan who has told himself he will like a movie even before seeing it.

Nov 7 - 04:47 AM

Balls McHammer

kolya Fist

Dahl aficionados? What? Little kids? Jesus dude. Dahl wrote some refreshing creative children s books, but why do morons like you use him and mock up like he's some sort of literary genius all in an effort to take a stab at Wes Anderson and Americans.

Nov 7 - 06:37 AM

Premo Beat

John Noto

He's not Faulkner, but I would say Roald Dahl qualifies to enter the pantheon of literary geniuses.

Nov 8 - 08:11 PM

Psycho Manana Banana Man

Declan Mckeown

I'm British and have seen it and can say you're wrong, it's truly fantastic and totally original.

Nov 12 - 11:36 AM

Max the Movie Kid

Max Chittock

In my opinion, it wouldn't have been so fantastic if it weren't Americanized!

Nov 24 - 11:27 AM