Fantastic Mr. Fox Reviews

July 4, 2015
A right bonkers movie, not exactly thrilling but has enough to keep you watching.
½ June 22, 2015
Unique? Yes. But it also has made me realise I dislike Wes Anderson's style. Character blocking, movement and dialogue all fall into a bizarre uncanny valley that meant I could never enjoy the movie as much as I wanted to.
June 15, 2015
it was good for a laugh
June 14, 2015
Suitably fantastic and filled with all the wit and subtle inventiveness one could possibly desire. I hope to see another animated venture from Wes Anderson before too long.
June 14, 2015
Lovely animation, but why is it that the beagle guard dogs are not bipedal and don't wear clothes like the foxes
February 7, 2014
It sure is a delightful unique movie with laughs and touching family moments like we're used to seeing Wes Anderson create. (B+)
May 14, 2015
A bit juvenile for Wes Anderson, but still very quirky and highbrow.
August 8, 2014
Wes Anderson's animated masterpiece. A very smart and rare adaptation of Roald Dahl's classic story that actually manages to improve and expand upon the original. The writing is perfect. The characters are perfect. The animation is perfect. This movie is perfect.
½ May 8, 2015
A bizarre animation style, but a wonderful adaptation. Unsurprisingly well-directed.
April 30, 2015
Malkolm's new favorite... I didn't like it the first time through. Now I find it hilarious!
½ April 14, 2015
83% on my Tomatometer.
½ April 13, 2015
Like every other Wes Anderson film, its quirky sense of style and humor won't work for everyone, but Fantastic Mr. Fox proves to be a well-rounded animated movie that's surprisingly well made for a first time animation outing from Anderson.
½ April 12, 2015
The best animated film I have seen. Original, funny, charming. Wes Anderson take all the elements of it's best film and put it in this great animation. Near perfection !
April 9, 2015
Witty. Beautiful. Brilliant. Before Fantastic Mr. Fox Wes Anderson movies used to bore the living hell out of me. Now he's become my new favorite director.
January 29, 2015
I really did like this movie and thought it does great justice to Rohald Dahl's great book but I found it to be a bit on the short side and some of the characters to be a bit gimmicky.
½ September 5, 2011
As witty as it was entertaining, although the more adult and intellect will understand this better than most kids. If you enjoyed this, you will love "Ocean's 11"
April 5, 2015
one of the best movies i have ever seen
March 31, 2015
Very nice fable, typical Wes Anderson style. Nice voice acting!
½ February 27, 2015
There are those who don't like this film, who critise it for not being what Dahl would of wanted. These are the cynics who are completely oblivious to its sheer genius. This film is everything a Dahl film should be. Its deliriously funny, completely incomprehensible and astoundingly crafted. Wes Anderson, I say this to you now, this is not only an achievement in stop motion but an animated masterpiece. And who the hell on God's green earth cant love the fabulous voices of George Clooney and Meryl Streep? The screenplay is tender, charming, witty and first and foremost enjoyably sensational. Not since The Nightmare Before Christmas (excluding claymation) has stop motion been so splendid. It seems, like James and the Giant Peach, Dahl's books are best for stop motion. This is competing against Up for best animated picture at the oscars and I know I gave it the same rating, but this is simply that little bit better and more nuanced. Anyone who says that animation cant live up to the standards of live-action is bloody kidding themselves. And this film prooves that in spades
March 1, 2015