Fantastic Mr. Fox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Mr. Fox Reviews

½ February 4, 2016
92%?! Are these people insane?! Sorry, that's a little bit harsh, but still. This film was in my opinion dire. The charm, whimsical humour was replaced with self-serving "Aren't we so clever?" nonsense and ridiculous dialogue. The voice-acting was phoned in, the animation was of poor quality, and it really angered me as a film. The most scathing thing I can say about this film was that I preferred Epic movie. And I hate Epic Movie. I was so disappointed by this movie, so glad The Grand Budapest Hotel was better.
September 16, 2014
96%
Witty, eccentric, and bolstered by a loyal cast, Fantastic Mr. Fox is an absolute triumph, and one that can be watched over and over again.

V: 86%
½ January 26, 2016
it gets a little slow in the final act, but over all this is fresh and funny, with wonderful old fashioned stop motion animation and great songs to accompany Anderson's quirky style.
½ February 16, 2009
wes anderson + henry selick = a miracle
January 23, 2016
Here is a film that may have flown under your radar - a whimsical masterpiece from the master of whimsy, featuring George Clooney in what has to be some of the best voice acting work ever in an animated film.
½ January 23, 2016
If it weren't for the excellent casting of George Clooney as the titular Mr. Fox, this movie might not have been as enjoyable as it was. The distinctive quirkiness of Wes Anderson's direction suits the material just fine, but because the movie is populated with Anderson-esque characters of dubious morality, it's tough to care about anyone, with the exception of Mr. Fox. An animated film done by a live-action director serves to showcase how style can become a gimmick. While Woody Allen didn't direct Antz, it was still a Woody Allen film, and it was harder to watch than the vastly superior A Bug's Life. As far as Fantastic Mr. Fox is concerned, it's ok to sit through once, but I don't think kids or adults (unless they're Wes Anderson fanatics) will sit for repeat viewings.
December 30, 2015
fantastic Mr. Anderson
December 22, 2015
Mr. Fox is a fox that used to steal but then had a son with his wife Mrs. Fox. There are the three mean man Boggis, Bunce, and Bean. They all had their own farm. Boggis was the chicken farmer, Bunce is the goose and the duck farmer, and the last farmer is Bean he is the apple cider and turkey farmer.
The movie has a lot of interesting and creative things like the way they had to move the puppets and take a picture of every movement they do. The movie wasn?t as funny as I thought but it was a little but also a little boring. The movie was also bright in how they made the animals talk through out the movie.
I would give this movie a three star ( It was ok ) because it wasn?t as good as I was expecting it to be. I would say that this movie after all was good. But it wasn?t as good as the book it had a lot of different things that weren?t in the book.

By: Mariangelis Aguila
April 22, 2010
A visually stunning animation that dazzles us at every second especially because of the amazing attention that it pays to details, and the result is a delightful fun for all ages, with a clever, witty plot, great voicing and Wes Anderson's trademark sense of humor.
½ January 12, 2015
As charming and original as any Wes Anderson Film. But feels a bit to long for me
½ January 30, 2011
In the tradition of "Coraline" and "A Nightmare Before Christmas", "Fantastic Mr. Fox" takes the age-old Rankin-Bass style stop-motion animation techniques and creates a truly magical and original movie viewing experience. George Clooney voices the titular Fox, who kicks off the story by swearing to his ever-patient and suddenly-with-cub wife Felicity (Meryl Streep) that he's done with the risky life of barn-raiding. True to his word, when Fox becomes a father he starts a new career as a animal newspaper columnist, purchases some real estate, and endeavors to fly straight. Unfortunately the call of the wild is a strong one, and when he hears about a triumvirate of nearby wealthy farmers, he enlists the help of Kylie Sven Opossum (Wallace Wolodarsky) and his capable young nephew Kristofferson (Eric Chase Anderson) to raid their wares. The victimized farmers, however, aren't willing to let this violation slide and soon they declare war on Fox and the entire surrounding countryside. This movie is pure, unadulterated fun and I can't wait to see it again. The character designs are brilliant and infused with tremendous personality and unique mannerisms. This fuses nicely with the voice talent. Jason Schwartzman is particularly good as Fox's petulant son Ash, Bill Murray is delightful as legal council Clive Badger and Michael "Dumbledore" Gambon seems to be having a blast as crazed farmer Franklin Bean. The characters come to life in one beautiful miniature set after another and there is so much throw-away detail to take in that the film begs to be seen again. Technically the film is filled with such creative verve that it's almost hypnotic. The unorthodox animation, great line readings and Wes Anderson's quirky eye all add up to one of the funniest movies I've seen in recent memory, animation or otherwise. In a lesser director's hands, this could have been a frivolous and disposable kiddie flick, but since Anderson is at the helm, it transcends expectations becomes entertaining for viewers of all ages. Anderson effectively applies some of his best techniques from past efforts (like the criminally under-rated "Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou") and his brilliant use of music, clever chapter titles and a near-obsessive fascination with cut-away views make for a unique comedy confection. This film stands alone in a pantheon all it's own. I can't wait to revisit it again and I urge anyone reading this to check it out. Tilt: up.
October 24, 2015
This movie's sense of humor is really odd, but it certainly work in the context of the movie. Definitely worth at least one watch.
October 17, 2015
Witty and fast-paced.
½ October 3, 2015
Fantastic Mr. Fox nails it. Wes Anderson's beautifully animated stop motion film casts perfect voice actors in a simple, yet enjoyable story. Plus, there's plenty of that subtle Wes Anderson humor that you've gotta love.
September 27, 2015
One of my all-time favorite movies!
September 8, 2015
Terrific stop motion animation and it's one of my favorite forms of animation. Charming little story about a fox and his battle with humans.
January 3, 2015
A beautiful and unique animation.
August 31, 2015
I can't believe I'm going against the grain on this. It's not a terrible film, in fact it's absolutely charming to look at, but when the gorgeous visuals and aesthetic are taken away, I'm left with a pretty muddy narrative and flat characterization.
August 31, 2015
Wes Anderson's Fantasic Mr fox is one of the best animated films I have ever seen. it is one of those animated movies that does not follow the kids movie formula and does not talk down to the audience kids can learn something from it. the voice acting is brilliant even if it is just voice. the animation is on point, and the style that Wes Anderson brings allot into his movies works very well here. the soundtrack is one of my Favourite soundtracks ever. its funny,heart-warming original. and the animation is outstanding. definitely recommend it .
September 30, 2011
If you have not watched this gem of modern stop-motion animation, please do. It is not exactly the same story that Roald Dahl (of Charlie/Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory fame) wrote, but it's a darned good watch. I've viewed it at least half a dozen times now and keep finding now fun moments in the work that I've missed before. It's clever, it's sweet, and it has an immense amount of heart. Please give it a go -- it's worth your time!