• PG-13, 1 hr. 42 min.

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

I Love You Beth Cooper Reviews

July 2, 2014
Most jokes are repeated and humorless with the glorification of teens illegal acts making the attempt on creating a funny teen comedy a failure.
July 17, 2009
Taking cues from every teen movie ever made before it, this adaptation of Larry Doyle's book is painfully hilarious to watch.
April 22, 2014
Apart from the last ten minutes (which were actually somewhat heartfelt and well shot), everything about this movie is insulting and stupid. If twelve year olds wrote scripts, any of those would likely still be better than this unfunny, unoriginal, cheesy, stereotypical, and overall stupid adaption of what I've heard is a decent book. I don't know whether to blame the acting on the terrible writing, the poor overall direction by otherwise decent director Chris Columbus, or just a poor choice in actors. Quite frankly, I'm not putting any bets on the latter, because no person in their right mind could pull off any of the roles in this film. On the bright side, at least my inner 13-year old got one or two laughs...
April 18, 2011
Nothing about this movie will stick with you later. I admit that it is moderately enjoyable, but a month later, you may forget you saw it. There are some light laughs, but none of the dialogue or highlight scenes stand out. It is a typical teen-underdog story where the dorky boy gets the pretty girl, who is way out of his league. Clichés are fine when there is enough development or supporting humor to make it work, but this just does not quite have it. The characters are not interesting enough to be insightful nor are they sufficiently wild and goofy for a zany comedy. A ho-hum cast of bland actors does not help matters. It strives to be like American Pie with its youthful awkward sexual energy, but this is no America Pie.
Luke R.
April 17, 2014
The cheap style of the DVD convinced me right off that this wasn't going to be a great film. However, on a recommendation from my cousin I gave this film a chance. I am glad that I did! A teen film like most others, ILYBC is easy to flick on and takes no effort to watch. A great little unwind comparable to others of the genre such as Mean Girls, Clueless, Adventureland and Scott Pilgrim vs the World.

In his final speech at high school, Denis Cooverman (Paul Rust) announces his love for Beth Cooper (Hayden Panettiere). Causing her extremely jealous, coked up, military boyfriend to start hunting him down. Along with Beth, her friends and his own closest friend they burst into wild high school parties, the abandoned school itself and an abandoned lakeside lodge.

Not great cinema, but worth catching. 5/10
Jan D.
April 10, 2014
A very common movie to watch and see that will not leave any trace in someone's memory. Trying-to-hard scripts and lines that failed to impress and make people laugh.
April 9, 2014
I'm definitely in the minority on this one, but this corny coming of age story really hit a home run for me. I identified with Denis Cooverman in a way I was quite surprised by. I'm not a big comedy fan, but I found myself laughing out loud several times. Been a Hayden Panettiere fan since Remember the Titans. The young lady is too hot for her own good and has better acting chops than she receives credit for. A lighter, campier version of the Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Sarah M.
April 7, 2014
One of the best movies I've seen in all times never get sick of it
February 18, 2014
Damn, this movie irritated me to no end.
January 1, 2014
High school is indeed a great great ride. This movie makes me look back at my memories of it.
November 17, 2009
Not terrible, but not amazing.
July 11, 2010
Surprisingly funny and better then critics think. Not great, but funny and decent.
November 22, 2013
thought it was funny. fuck the haters
November 1, 2013
Generic as can possibly be. And inane. Stupid too. Also lazy.
August 1, 2013
I'm always up for watching a high school movie, and even with all of its cliches, I Love You Beth Cooper is one of the better ones. For every joke that falls flat, there is another that works.
Branden M.
July 23, 2013
Those Stars are all for Hayden Panettiere who is one of the most beautiful woman in the entire world, and if it wasn't for her this movie would be like 1 star.
June 26, 2013
Not high on laughs but has plenty of nerdy charm about its story.
March 24, 2013
Predictable and muddled with cliche after cliche.
July 14, 2009
This is Big Bang Theory squashed into an hour and forty two minutes.
June 19, 2013
just Hayden Panettiere is a reason to watch this movie that wants to be more than a childhumor movie