Suffering Man's Charity (Ghost Writer) Reviews

August 18, 2011
this black comedy is just ok and frankly not that funny at all an all star cast pretty much gets wasted here.
½ April 25, 2009
This was one extremely disturbing movie. I didn't expect this from Alan Cumming, but I was impressed.
March 20, 2009
I'm not sure what to think of this one. Usually love Alan Cummins, he;s one incredibly talented Actor, but this one I really didn't get into. The story was pretty good, the Cast was great, but his over the top performance was...strange. It was wild and confusing, but good and exciting, if that makes any sense. Something about this though, that made it not so my cup of tea.
½ December 8, 2008
Highly disturbed and delicate Alan Cummings plays a co-dependent music teacher who takes in a struggling writer and con artist played by Boreanaz. Very darkly humored comedy. Almost like a gay Misery with a really bad writer at the victim.
½ September 16, 2011
This is the worst movie.

Seriously? Who funded it? It is about a composer with a history of "giving boarding" to young struggling artists. . . Then, he becomes a sadist. Not worth the 1.5 hours. If there is a comedic element, it is the unexpected plot twist in the last 30 minutes. Unfortunately, it wasn't funny.
January 16, 2011
It is an excellent mystery movie. Highly recommended.
June 7, 2010
The only reason this movie get 20% is due that I liked Alan Cumming's performance, but everything else was just awful!!
April 28, 2010
Not to be confused with the nature of Roman Polanski's 2010 film, this is a funny/scary psychological thriller. The horror element is more of a double entendre and mental in nature. Though there are certainly some other bloody, horrific elements, the nature of the lead character is consistently amusing and over-the-top, so even the nastier moments tend to be funny.

Several gaffes and overly staged/simplified elements prevent it from being great, but star cameos combined with the comedic element make it a preferred and more intelligent alternative to yet another late night showing of The Rocky Horror Picture....
January 26, 2010
Alan Cumming plays a BITTER AND TWISTED gay music teacher in this sad little vanity project. Alan not only over acts but also directs this made for TV movie.

To say that he has the acting skills of a pork pie is to give ham a bad name.

This so called black comedy horror is neither funny or scary and during most of the 90 minutes the camera never leaves Mr Cummings face. If the poorly written lines were funny when delivered I would have cut Alan some slack.
One of the few funny highlights in the whole film is seeing David Boreanaz (Angel) half naked wearing a set of filly knickers and bra, wrapped in Christmas lights(If that floats your boat) also if you blink you will almost certainly miss Carrie Fisher, Anne Heche and Karen Black which is a waste of great talent
November 16, 2008
Unpleasant black comedy, too talky and I found it hard to stay interested in it. The acting is pretty good but the characters are not very likable or interesting.