The American Ruling Class - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The American Ruling Class Reviews

½ July 10, 2010
Conceptual and Entertaining. Informing in a almost sarcastic way. At times it caused me to feel underprivileged then immediately over privileged. Although I can't relate to any of these people, but thats part of the point. (I guess)
½ January 18, 2010
Virgilian/Faustian Lewis Lapham ironically introduces us, through an imaginary pair of recent Yale graduates, to the American ruling class. Class struggle is everything, but without Marxism it appears to be (next to) nothing, or something else, business as usual.
May 18, 2009
Always love a great satire -- even if the joke is on me and my middle class.
February 12, 2009
Lewis Lapham, Barbara Ehrenreich, Kurt Vonnegut, dancing and singing in a satire on the Anmerican class system, what's not to like!
November 11, 2008
If you can get past the corny songs and bad special effects the information presented is sobering--an insightful look at an unfortunate reality in our country.
½ November 10, 2008
This was interesting, I throughly enjoyed the pennies and dimes song.. It talked about soe very good concepts.
September 12, 2008
I'd like to see it, but Netflix isn't stocking it. This is the first movie I've wanted that they don't have! Well just fine, I'll go to the art video store.
½ September 5, 2008
the kind of "documentary" that makes middle class folks cringe.... mindblowing, depressing.... nonetheless interesting.
September 4, 2008
Evey American should watch this!
September 2, 2008
I saw this movie last night on the Sundance Channel. It's a very clever movie about the rulers of America. I would recommend it highly.
September 1, 2008
A very clever collection of socio-economic indicators that demonstrates the terrible health of America as a land of opportunity for ALL.
August 21, 2008
little wake up call about extereme and undemocratic capitalism
August 10, 2008
The best documentary that nobody's ever heard of. Makes you wonder why this movie is so hard to find.
½ July 10, 2008
I guess everything makes me cry these days. The IHOP/ woman journalist scene about philanthropy and the running half naked on Wall Street scene got me.
½ April 25, 2008
didactic but entertaining. think ehrenreich's part was incongruous (we do it for you, so you can have clean towels, food to eat, blahblah, etc.). fun, but in the end kind of wimpy.
May 21, 2008
everybody who lives comfortably in this country should see this movie
½ January 6, 2008
I just love movies like this. Something to learn. Loads of fun.
December 4, 2007
Great 'semi-documentary.' I would recommend this movie to anyone from any class in America. Very insightful, informative, but a bit campy. Give it a chance. You won't regret it.
November 12, 2007