100 Tears Reviews

thefog1331
½ April 28, 2010
A+ on the gore but meh F the rest.
½ August 19, 2012
I don't usually go in for slasher flicks, but this one has something a little special. Maybe it's the wild, liberal, exuberant guts and gore that laps at the screen like a meaty tsunami. Maybe it's the fact that the villain is a huge clown with an over-sized meat cleaver. Most likely, though, it's that 100 Tears is a throwback in many ways to the video nasties of the 70's and early 80's. This is grindhouse stuff with a good bit of self-conscious tongue in cheek, particularly in the chemistry between the two reporters chasing down the Tear Drop Killer. The whole think has a look and feel, both in the special effects and the overall production values, that would have made it very much at home in 1980. It's gleefully gory fun for those who have enjoyed the films of Herschell Gordon Lewis and "classics" like I Spit on Your Grave, Driller Killer and Blood Sucking Freaks. Definitely not for those who shrink from the sight of blood, disemboweling and beheading, even when they look pretty cheezy!
½ February 16, 2010
Concider the fact this was a very low bugget movie.Its not a bad story and you cant get enough blood and guts anywhere elese.
May 4, 2009
This is a seriously B-rated independent film, but my friend Tim O'Hearn is in it (he's the guy that gets his legs cut off by the killer clown) so its a fav!

This is a seriously B-Rated movie but my friend Tim O'Hearn is in it so its a fav!
March 22, 2014
100 Tears is so cheaply made that it looks like a barebones production of a movie that barely had potential to begin with. Nevertheless, slasher fans will eat it right up.
March 13, 2014
Script is more scary than the film...
May 23, 2013
Hated it! Hated it! Hated it! The killer clown motif in horror films has been done to death to the point where, if you see a new horror film with a killer clown in it, you know its going to suck! You want a horror film with a scary clown in it, See "Poltergeist" otherwise avoid this pile of crap film!
½ December 28, 2012
Really really really horrible
½ November 30, 2012
77%

"Twenty years, we've kept Johnny Law out of our business. Justice was done, eye for an eye, carney law."-Bartender

Oh, the gore, the gore! If you're a gore hound, this is a must see. There's a impressivly huge meat cleaver from Hell.

"Holy shit! I just mopped here! You crazy clown! I just mopped here!"-Ricky the Janitor (John Archer Lundyren)
½ February 15, 2012
100 Tears (Marcus Koch, 2007)

Over the course of December, 2011, I watched a total of thirty-one films. For those bad at math, that works out to one movie per day. Of them, 100 Tears was the third-worst of the lot, managing to be-barely-better than Richard Linklater's subUrbia and Charles Kaufman's Mother's Day. But "barely" is a relative term. I have already spewed vitriol over those two pieces of dung, while 100 Tears is still sitting in the review queue waiting for me to find the proper words to give it the review it deserves... so maybe this was the worst of the lot and I just haven't realized it yet. Anything is possible.

Plot: a couple of bumbling Internet journalists, Christine Greason (Sculpture scream queen Raine brown) and Mark Webb (Frost Bite's Joe Davison, who also wrote the script) (note: I'm pretty sure they were not meant to come across as bumbling), investigate a tale, told very confusingly in the movie's opening scenes, about a circus performer, Gurdy the Clown (Unearthed's Jack Amos), who was sent to prison years ago for a crime he didn't commit, went crazy inside, and exacted brutal, bloody revenge on those who sent him up when he got out. Now he's on the run from the law, still crazy, and still killing, and both the journalists and a couple of police officers are closing in on him. But the circus community is a tight-knit one indeed.

Marcus Koch is normally a special effects guy (recently on things like Quarantine 2: Terminal and The Theatre Bizarre), and it shows; a good bulk of the film's budget went to the gore effects, and honestly, they were worth it. If only anything else about the movie had been. Davison's script is woefully lacking (or the editing was), leading to the movie, especially the first fifteen or so minutes of it, being incredibly confusing. The acting is about what you'd expect from a microbudget gore film. The sets are about as low-budget as they come, and this effect was not helped by the lighting-some really odd choices made in that department, which makes me wonder if choices were made at all. The cinematography, courtesy one Wesley Wing (his first film work), didn't help much either; he's got a basic idea of where to put a camera, but not much in the way of interesting things to do with it. I'm spending a lot of time on the tech details here because they turn what could have been a relatively entertaining film into something of a slog. Remember the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow episode of the X-Files? Go watch that again instead, it's a much better time. 1/2
October 11, 2011
"100 tears" - is pure trash-movie, with all its shortcomings. Stupid script, actors, amateur, shooting with a digital camera that is only slightly different from the "home-video." There are some advantages of trash movies - black humor and bald naturalism. But these pluses, of course, very doubtful, but in this case - not too big and: the humor is not very funny, and gut and krovischa though scatters in all directions, but it is not scary. However, the "100 tears," there is some kind of charm of a negative character. Watch a movie very quickly begins to harass, to cause disgust, and if you survive the first minutes of viewing, then at some point, you can feel even a trance. What, incidentally, contributes to the music - perhaps the most talented, that is, in this "Computer program" horror film (for example, the "circus" scene sounds something very reminiscent of Nick Cave and his «Bad Seeds»). Probably because of the mentioned negative charisma "100 tears," even became known in narrow circles of fans of horror movies and have gained cult status.
½ October 2, 2011
31 Days of Horror (2011): #31
½ August 9, 2011
Most of the people in this movie are horrible actors, the music and soundtrack is weak, and this is a typical clown slaying humans by the second kind of movie. But I was kept in suspense, wondering who the hell the Clown was exactly. Interesting ending, and somewhat predictable. Worth a watch if you like cheesy horror movies, gore, and a good laugh.
½ October 27, 2010
''100 Tears'' is good for a couple of laughs, zero thrills, zero scares, and some really bad acting.
July 17, 2011
Had a hard time staying interested in this. One time watch... Lots of gore NC-17
½ March 10, 2011
An all out, balls to the wall, gore filled movie. If it's a good plot and an interesting storyline that you're after, then steer clear of this movie. However, if it's just a straight up bloodfest you want, then this is the perfect movie for you.
½ February 9, 2010
It basically took on the slasher film mold and filled it up with an unoriginal, uninspired plot, a terrible script and terrible acting. I have a hard time believing it even aspired to be scary; its focus was solely on gore, and unrealistic gore at that