The Three Stooges - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Three Stooges Reviews

January 30, 2012
Hilarious behind the PG-13-rated "This Means War" and R-rated "21 Jump Street" of the year 2012. But the heart may probably be like the original or putting more family tone to the family film. But it's somewhat not the Farrelly Brothers' usual weirdness they usually put in their comedies. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 16, 2014
Brimming with hilarity due to its great writing and perfect cast.
½ August 14, 2014
Comedy? How exactly?
½ June 30, 2012
(First and only viewing - 8/7/2012)
August 3, 2014
It's easy to criticize a movie like this and compare them to the original crew, but that's unfair. You have to take each movie and judge it on its own merits and failures. The trio in this movie worked well together, had excellent comedic timing and I especially enjoyed how the producers made them more modern. The only criticism I can really give it is that some of the jokes were too cliche. Originality of their material would have earned 5 stars. Are they as good as the original stooges? No. Could ANYONE be as good as the original stooges? Perish the thought. Are they a good comedy team? Absolutely. I easily give this movie 4 stars and hope they decide to create further movies for the future.
½ August 1, 2014
It was like watching the old tv show but in colour. Great as a tv show, not so great as a movie. A good time passer.
½ July 25, 2014
The Three Stooges, unfortunately, falls right in the middle of the pack when it comes to comedies. Bobby and Peter Farrelly are known for making pretty low-brow films, and this one is no exception, although it's a lot cleaner than most of the films they've done. It's also been sort of a passion project that they've been developing and trying to get made for more than ten years. I remember first reading about it online years ago and just assuming it would never get made because of how much time had passed. The best things about the movie really are the impersonations of the Stooges and the recreation of their schtick. It's amazing how unapologetically violent it is (except for the disclaimer at the end, which is more of a slap in the face than anything). The plot is fairly innocuous and the film is less than ninety minutes, so it was an easy sit-through, despite not being very funny. I give the filmmakers credit for sticking to the idea and executing it to the best of their abilities, but I doubt I'll watch this one more than once.
½ January 22, 2014
Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. If it had a few better actors playing the roles of the Stooges, then it probably would have been a little bit better
June 19, 2014
Extremely funny to it's score, this movie sets the mood for laughs just like the original shorts.
½ June 9, 2014
A great homage to the legendary wise guys, with slapstick that is crackingly good fun.
June 5, 2014
me importa un... lo que digan los criticos
May 16, 2014
Extremely funny. Made me laugh all the way through
½ May 5, 2014
Well-casted, and has the similar energy to the original blockheads, the film gets mudded up by a homicide-oriented plot and looses part of the sentimentality of these warm hearted animated characters. The slapstick gets fairly annoying at some parts as well.
April 23, 2014
Don't be fooled by the silliness and hit-and-miss jokes in this movie; Chris Diamantopoulos (Moe), Sean Hayes (Larry), and Will Sasso (Curly) live and breathe Stooge. As a huge fan of the Three Stooges, I can assure you there are laughs to be had, and the message is sappy, but heartwarming.
April 7, 2014
A valiant effort but horrid and shameful results.
April 6, 2014
Hey, I laughed a lot, 5 stars from me... "Kickham, Harter, & Indagroyne" haha..
April 1, 2014
Los hermanos Farelly intentan recrear las viejas aventuras de Larry, Curly y Moe. Si bien las interpretaciones guardan similitudes con los personajes originales y tienen momentos en que verdaderamente se repiten las situaciones ridículas de antaño, creo que está lejos de ser un tributo a los Tres Chiflados originales.
March 31, 2014
It's absurd, it's mindless, it's infantile but it's also bizarrely charming.
½ March 19, 2014
3/10: Lame slapstick jokes and filming the movie in modern times settings and with colors is not effective at all. Personally, I think this film should've never been made. The Three Stooges should've just been left alone.
½ March 16, 2014
This was alright, but a little long in my opinion. Maybe it's not necessarily that it was too long, but that the story kind of dragged at times. Some good lines at times though.....