Critics Consensus: Puss in Boots is the Cat's Meow
Plus, The Rum Diary is sporadically compelling, and In Time takes a great idea and does a so-so job with it.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Urbanized, a documentary about the many facets of city planning, is at 100 percent.
- Ra. One, starring Bollywood superstar Sharukh Khan in an action film about a father who must battle an evil video game character to protect his son, is at 80 percent.
- Like Crazy, starring Anton Yelchin and Felicity Jones as a young couple whose relationship hits rocky waters due to a lapsed visa, is at 71 percent.
- Sidewalls, a light-hearted mixed-media portrait of life in contemporary Buenos Aires, is at 71 percent.
- My Reincarnation, a documentary about a Buddhist minister and his Western-born son, is at 67 percent.
- Janie Jones, starring Abigail Breslin and Alessandro Nivola in a drama about an aging rock star who meets a daughter he never knew he had, is at 46 percent (check out Breslin's Five Favorite Films here).
- Anonymous, starring Rhys Ifans and Vanessa Redgrave in a thriller that speculates about conspiratorial machinations behind the authorship of Shakespeare's works, is at 39 percent.
- 13, starring Jason Statham and Mickey Rourke in a thriller about a desperate man who finds himself participating in an underground Russian roulette ring, is at 17 percent.
- The Double, a thriller starring Richard Gere and Topher Grace as a pair of intelligence agents on the trail of an elusive assassin, is at seven percent.
- All's Faire in Love, starring Christina Ricci in a comedy about the wacky goings-on of a small Renaissance Faire, is at zero percent.