Critic Review - Newsday

In a rare moment of insight, the teenage but immortal vampires in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse complain about being "frozen" in their lives, unable to "move forward." So is everyone involved in this deathtrap of a franchise.

July 1, 2010 Full Review Source: Newsday | Comments (7)
Newsday
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

Eric S.

Eric Stein

Wow. Do they even know what they are talking about? It was acted just as the books were written. I loved a three films. Some times I wonder if I am watching the same movie as these idiot critics and it is not just this web site.

Jul 4 - 05:43 AM

Sharon T.

Sharon Tang

STOP SPAMMING THAT COMMENT, YOU NO LIFE.

Jul 5 - 02:41 PM

Enoch C.

Enoch Ching

eric, grow a set.

Jul 10 - 08:19 PM

Jewel

Daniel F

Yes, and the books were also terrible. Preposterously shallow and with uninteresting characters told at a jilted pace. I am a connoisseur of crap: I read a lot of romance books. Most are comically bad, but the Twilight series truly takes the turd cake. I think that says a lot in a genre where quality is already lacking.

Sep 28 - 06:53 AM

Amanda F.

Amanda Fox

That.

May 19 - 08:54 AM

Jane G.

Jane Gipson

The most awful film about vampires in the history of mankind.
Protagonists have frozen as oaks in relic wood. Stewart still would be desirable to tell: «Close a mouth» for when she is silent, and the mouth is opened, it not to eat beautifully and when the mouth is opened, and she thus speaks ?? simply horror. 80 % of utter nonsenses has uttered Ms. Svon. «Marriage is a way to tell:« I have flown "," I ?? neutral territory »?? to the person with good sense of humour here a boundless field for jokes.

Sep 19 - 11:07 AM

Robert M.

Robert Mendez

Couldn't have said it better myself. The Twilight franchise is a disgrace. Not only in the sake of cinema (a cinematic plague, as I refer to it), but to the source material. I understand the author of the books wanted to do something different with the mythological being but this was too much. Way too much. I'm sure you've heard it all before already but there is no justifying making vampires, VAMPIRES of all creatures, sparkle and carry on relationships with their own prey. No matter what you can say, it will never fly with most people. The books were bland and, like the films, Twilight does nothing extraordinary, other then completely destroy what was once considered a cool monster. I'm just excited for Breaking Dawn Part 2 to be released so that this plague can finally be over.

Jul 16 - 01:03 PM