5 Facts About The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Exclusive: We tap the cast for hints on what to expect - could there be 5 films?

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
49%
Template Image
Rotten

The Twilight Saga: New Moon has been in cinemas for almost a week. So, depending on your feelings towards sparkly vampires and extremely buff werewolves, you will either have seen it three times already (ZOMG RPattz!) or avoided it altogether. Either way, the fandemonium has subsided enough for us to look to the future. It's just seven months until Eclipse, the third instalment of Stephenie Meyer's popular book series, hits the big screen. RT caught up with the cast in LA's Four Seasons hotel during their manic New Moon press tour to get the latest on the eagerly anticipated film. We learned that Robert Pattinson hates pranks, that Nikki Reed loves werewolves and that we may just see a fifth film. Read on to find out more...

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Fact #1: It's Darker

The brand new poster for Eclipse (above) hints at a darker tone with its brooding storm clouds. With 30 Days of Night director David Slade at the helm, it's unsurprising. "Every movie is different because we work with a different director on each one, which I love," Taylor Lautner tells RT. "David Slade is perfect for the third film because it's darker. Eclipse was my favourite book."

Ashley Greene, who plays vampire Alice, tells RT that Slade isn't just a prince of darkness. "David is actually hysterical," she laughs, "He has such a dry sense of humour that sometimes you don't know if he's kidding or not. Eclipse will be amazing because he has made it far edgier and more dramatic. It's going to look very cool."

Continue onto the next page and beware some story spoilers as we tap the cast for more secrets from Eclipse.

Comments

Alexson Philip

Alexson Philipiah

"So it helps that I actually do feel inadequate when I see his body, especially because he's younger than me. He fulfills every criteria of what teenage girls want, physically, in a guy. I felt like a had to prove myself against him."

LOL!!!!!I never thought robert could get any more homo then he already is, but that quote totally proved it.

Nov 26 - 04:00 AM

Anna

Anna Stephen

'totally' ..... if you have the brain capacity of a goldfish

Nov 26 - 04:14 AM

Alexson Philip

Alexson Philipiah

well *** u "anna" it aint my fault i hate twilight belongside 85% of the world, so stfu u fukin idiot.

Nov 26 - 01:16 PM

James Lowell

If 85% of the world hated The Twilight Saga, New Moon wouldn't have the third biggest opening in box office history.

Nov 26 - 02:06 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Its funny that you are trying to sound smarter than everyone else when you're clearly missing the point that other posters have been trying to make.
People are complaining about the quality of the film, not how many people like the franchise or went to see the movie. Before trying to insult others why don't you try and actually understand what we are talking about first?
Did you get that or are you going to just carry on talking out of your *** trying to defend a popular but absolutely rubbish movie again?

Nov 26 - 02:10 PM

James Lowell

Oh. Wow. Silly me. You people have a *gasp* point? You mean besides belittling the fanbase, Stephenie Meyer, the actors, etc? The constant whining has become tiresome. You guys can dish it. But you certainly can't take it.

Nov 26 - 07:13 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

If none of us can take it why does it take little or no effort to reply to any of your posts? If that's the best you can come up with, please leave now and don't waste anymore time and energy trying to think up responses that 'clearly' none of us on here can 'handle' lol.

Janee M if you dont like getting called out then dont read the comment boards and forums, your feelings will remain unhurt, your love for Twilight will go unchallenged and you wont be shown to be complete hypocrite by telling other people not to express their own feelings and opinions and then calling them losers or what not. Criticize the opinions, not the individuals, plain and simple Janee M.

Nov 26 - 07:38 PM

James Lowell

And was that supposed to impress or intimidate me? LOL. Keep dreaming buddy.

Nov 26 - 09:20 PM

Abonides A.

Abonides Aran

New moon is not #3. On the list of all time box office hits, it is currently ranked at #61.

Work on your critical thinking a bit. Twilight is not a very good story. It's a glitzy, teen version of Romeo and Juliet. Just more of Hollywood's regurgitated crap. All in all the series is a passing fad, an incredibly shallow one at that.

Dec 4 - 04:14 AM

Samantha A.

Samantha Angell

Not number three of all time, just box office opening weekend, behind "The Dark Knight" and "Spiderman 3".

"Summit Entertainment's "New Moon" earned its place in movie history, posting the third-largest opening in domestic box-office history."
~ http://losangeles.bizjournals.com/losangeles/stories/2009/11/23/daily2.html?ana=from_rss

Personally, having been disappointed by the first Twilight movie, I was EXTREMELY pleasantly surprised with the newest installment. And it wasn't even (all) because Taylor Lautner spent a large portion of the movie shirtless. I thought the actors grew into their roles more, especially Kristen Stewart who's performance was almost painful to watch in the original. I absolutely loved Ashley Greene as Alice. Lautner looked a little awkward so bulked up in some scenes, but he really brought Jacob to life in this movie and I was impressed. Didn't see much of RPattz but even he wasn't quite so painfully awkward in the scenes he did have. Was expecting a little more Dakota Fanning; I liked her as Jane. I also appreciated the more comedic aspects of this movie as well; Face Punch (lol), the "putting the dog out" line, almost every time a supporting werewolf opened their mouth, etc. The character development may seem somewhat lacking, but that really is how it is in the books. They're pretty flat characters, they're just so... I don't know... enticing and exciting and masochistic that you can't help but get attached. I recognize that they are not fantastic works of literature or film, but they're not horrible either and it doesn't stop me from loving them. I heartily agree with Francis R. :)

Dec 4 - 06:00 PM

Heather D.

Heather DeRutte

true and the fact that it did make 3rd in history proves this world will end due to human stupidity. (tho i sappose if u get every brain dead pre teen into a theatre would explain the high numbers for this movie)

Dec 4 - 07:05 PM

rebecca B.

rebecca Bernard

I really wish people would stop calling the fans of twilight and the reason the franchise so much money stupid teenages or brain dead thank you very much,I am not a teenager and if you read the comments above the majority of the fans writing comments on here are not teenagers either. And just because I enjoy a book series and am enjoying the movies does not make me stupid, if you have an arguement against these movies show some intelligence and stop putting people down. These movies are not oscar material that doesn't mean that people can't enjoy them, I personally have no interest in watching slumdog millianare because it's just not my type of movie dispite it winning oscars.

Dec 6 - 04:24 PM

Anna

Anna Stephen

At least by swearing at me and typing badly (almost like a new moon fan!) you don't actually try to prove your brain capacity... saves me an argument at least haha.

Nov 26 - 02:26 PM

Alexson Philip

Alexson Philipiah

*** u *****. twilight is **** iight, and who de *** cares if someone made a fukin noticable spelling error. man im so happy my girl freind aint a twilight fan.

Nov 26 - 07:01 PM

Michael S.

Michael Sweeney

your 'girlfriend' is probably a boy. How any one can love the transformers and then have the gall to criticize the twilight saga is beyond me. you twi-haters wouldn't know a good movie if it bit you on the butt.

Dec 3 - 07:37 PM

red s.

red sicat

FYI : NEW MOON EARNED $140M in one country only!!!and just for 3 day screening. Not counting USA, London and other countries which only proves that people like myself love the saga. If you "jerks" don't have anything nice to say about the movie and it's actors/characters...Then, SHUT THE F UP!

Nov 26 - 04:55 PM

Torrie M.

Torrie McGlothlin

Haha...Jacobs hotter than u..that means my bf is stronger than u!

Dec 3 - 02:42 PM

Maggy C.

Maggy Castano

Hello..as everybody else I am hooked up with Twilight.And regarding this comment; Robert just spoke out loud something ALL GUYS do! Just because they're men that don't accept or even speak out loud regarding their stupid jelousy towards men that look better then them physcally.And dude his remark regarding this just speaks how much of a men he is by accepting that he's got a challenge towards the character Jacob...so I bet you're a teenager that hangs around your mother's house still slobbing around so before you make such a stupid comment ever again GROW UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 4 - 04:10 AM

Buffy B.

Buffy Birmingham

Robert Pattinson is no more homo than I am. Just look at Jacob he has buffed up nicley and I would be jealous to. I am for team Edward all the way.

Dec 7 - 06:15 AM

Nov 26 - 02:10 PM

Nov 26 - 07:13 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Nov 26 - 07:38 PM

James Lowell

And was that supposed to impress or intimidate me? LOL. Keep dreaming buddy.

Nov 26 - 09:20 PM

Nov 26 - 07:01 PM

Michael S.

Michael Sweeney

Dec 3 - 07:37 PM

Michael M.

Michael M

Wow, so we're getting another garbage love sap glitter teeny bopper movie? Nice! YES! I'M STOKED!

Nov 26 - 04:31 AM

alex a.

alex ann

The last time I checked, nobody is ever forced inside a cinema in order to watch a film they would rather not see. Perhaps you ought to stick to the ones you do enjoy, and allow the rest of us some of our own freedom of choice :-p

Nov 29 - 02:58 PM

Evelyn s.

Evelyn swift

Hi all, are you looking for NSA fun or serious relationship with REAL cougars. Or maybe find a sugarmomma who can pay all your needs?
==:: Cougarlure.Com ::== is dedicate to get REAL cougars, sugarmommas and cubs find each other.
Keep it real please!

Nov 26 - 06:03 AM

inactive user

Jared King

Fact #6...ya, make the joke on your own time.

Nov 26 - 07:09 AM

Not L.

Not Likely

Cougars and sugar mommas!! woooo!!

Nov 26 - 07:52 AM

Tom K.

Tom Knight

Hi-5s happily*

Dec 2 - 06:24 PM

Costigan

spencer strausbaugh

#7 it will make hundreds of millions of dollars... While scoring a 16% on tomato meter.

Nov 26 - 08:08 AM

Ezra F.

Ezra Fox

#8 More sparkly dildos!

Nov 26 - 08:22 AM

August M.

Agustin Macias

#9 It will make a great Rifftrax commentary.

That is how I have been able to watch the first one.

Nov 26 - 09:58 AM

Natalhy C.

Natalhy Chang

This Series R Great so **** ALL U HATERS!!

Nov 26 - 10:26 AM

inactive user

Jared King

And I am Weasel!

Nov 26 - 10:39 AM

Red B.

Red Baron

Man, especially Fact #3 sounds like something worht watching when one's on a gay-party. :D Sexy boys, warmth, playful... *puke* "New Moon" was a pile of dung omho. Worse than "Twilight" - acting was awful. The side-role actors were better than the main-role ones, which is really bad for all films. I hope in the third film they'll indeed make it more vampire-werewolf-thing than a bunch of "hairy" hot boys, a girl with a constant constipation especially when emotions should be expressed and a douchebag-vampire. :D

Nov 26 - 11:18 AM

James Lowell

And like a moth to a flame, all the pathetic comic geeks come out of the woodwork like cockroaches, to bash these films because, heaven forbid, something not appeal to them or challenge their firmly held belief that girls have cooties.

Nov 26 - 12:23 PM

frozen01

Renee Knowles

Sweetie, I am a "girl", I know we don't have cooties. I have read all the books. It was a stupid, turn-off-your-brain beach read (except for Breaking Dawn, which was the most god-awful thing I have ever read... seriously, anytime I explain the "plot" to anyone who has not read the books, their jaw hits the floor and every single one of them says "I knew it was bad, but I never realized it was THAT bad!" If I had a daughter, I would not let her read that book, it was so disturbingly horrible.)
I saw Twilight on DVD. It was worse than the books. At least when you read the books, you can imagine believable acting (if your imagination is good enough to get past the cheesy plot and saccharine dialog, that is). The movie does not give you that luxury.
And yes, 85% of the world does hate the Twilight Saga. Just because you saw it opening weekend doesn't mean you walked out with a smile on your face. Besides, 15% of the world is still a lot of people.

Dec 23 - 10:16 AM

JRM

Raul M

I'm avoiding them all -- except for Breaking Dawn. The book was so atrociously bad, that it came off laughable. I'm sure it will be a great comedy. I also find it ridiculous that they're planning to split Breaking Dawn into 2 movies, since nothing really happens in the book. LOL.

Nov 26 - 12:37 PM

The W.

The Wuzzy

omg i so agree loads of my peeps go 'ah i love brking dawn' im like , but it was a pile of turds!!! it was ridiculous!! (plus i hate renesmee, grr)

Nov 27 - 08:18 AM

Costigan

spencer strausbaugh

And like a moth to the flame, the twihards read message boards and attempt to defend their newest pile of craps honor while said pile of crap sits at 30% on tomatometer.

Nov 26 - 01:13 PM

The W.

The Wuzzy

hahaaa im a pretty big fan, but not a twihard so i admit the film suckd, but i still luvved it

Nov 27 - 08:19 AM

naroba l.

naroba lozano

WHO gives a rat's assets what anyone thinks about the twilight saga?! Obviously it is a HUGE phenomenon or it wouldn't be so successful! I'm a Twihard and I'll defend the saga no matter what!

Nov 28 - 10:39 PM

Alexson Philip

Alexson Philipiah

Nov 26 - 01:16 PM

Nov 26 - 02:06 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Nov 26 - 02:10 PM

Nov 26 - 07:13 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Nov 26 - 07:38 PM

James Lowell

And was that supposed to impress or intimidate me? LOL. Keep dreaming buddy.

Nov 26 - 09:20 PM

Nov 26 - 07:01 PM

Michael S.

Michael Sweeney

Dec 3 - 07:37 PM

Splitter

Matthew Burge

Didn't they promise a lot of this for New Moon? Werewolves! Motorcycles! On location overseas!

Yeah, everyone knows this is going to be more of the same.

Nov 26 - 01:42 PM

Nov 26 - 02:06 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Nov 26 - 02:10 PM

Nov 26 - 07:13 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Nov 26 - 07:38 PM

James Lowell

And was that supposed to impress or intimidate me? LOL. Keep dreaming buddy.

Nov 26 - 09:20 PM

Dec 4 - 07:05 PM

rebecca B.

rebecca Bernard

Dec 6 - 04:24 PM

Oscar G.

Oscar Gomez-Montes

So if the movies are inane.We had our beach-party movies that couldn't be more idiotic than the Twilight Saga.Each generation have their "loved bombs".They will eventually fade and something new will come.It is a matter of time.Although I'm old I'm on Team Jacob.He seems more real.Huh...

Nov 26 - 02:10 PM

frayers f.

frayers frayers

google
[url=http://google.com/]google[/url]

Nov 30 - 10:56 AM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>