12.12.12 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

12.12.12 Reviews

½ March 26, 2014
This movie is absolutely horrid. The movie isn't even scary, it's just plain gross and stupid. Who ever thought of this movie was high on acid...
October 10, 2013
One sentence summary: Numerology plus Mayan 2012 bovine scatology.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The film opens with a human sacrifice in some dark underground cultist den.
Then it jump shifts to a difficult birthing (Veronica, Carlos) in a modern hospital in Los Angeles. Mahari, the murderer from the first scene shows up; where did that come from? He disappears after murdering another woman who was trying to breastfeed her newborn. The arrogant physician goes to C-section after kicking out Carlos. This newborn is not delivered; he escapes. Even better, the 'newborn' never moves, but somehow kills the physician and the attending nurse. Someone else closes up Veronica, and she seems happy and calm while breast feeding the monster that just killed two people.
What a fine beginning that was. Mahari, still in physician's garb, tries to enter the crime scene, but the cops prevent it.
Six days later, Carlos, Veronica, and Sebastian go home. Soon odd occurrences start: the flies, the dead rat, Sebastian getting between Veronica's legs, Carlos pouring a kettle full of boiling water down his own throat, and Mahari shows up to try to steal Sebastian.
When the cops show up, Child Social Services take Sebastian. ("We're the good guys, Mrs. Delgado." )
Veronica goes to stay with her sister Gabriella Martinez. On the way to the baby lockup, CSS Officer Vokel gets killed by her seat belt. Barnes returns Sebastian to Veronica, saying a judge ordered it. Gabriella lets Barnes know she's still sore about CSS taking her child Brittany from her.
The weird events start up again, of course. Barnes lets them know that Mahari is on their radar; he's a Mayan prophecies doomsayer.
Sebastian kills Gabriella. This was entirely unbelievable. Mahari kills a variety of people. Sebastian goes off on his own. The dead rats and dead birds continue to be produced. The murders continue.
Does this thing ever reach some sort of resolution? About 60 minutes in, the fall into random events with no particular narrative, motivation, or logic is next to complete. Unfortunately, the film continues.

-------Scores-------

Cinematography: 5/10 Jerky camera movement; some of it so out of focus and badly framed that one would think the Blair Witch was nearby.

Sound: 5/10 Overbearing in some spots, quite weak in others.

Acting: 4/10 OK given the screenplay, I guess.

Screenplay: 0/10 The birthing scene was a motivational mess. I suppose births have been handled that badly, but I certainly hope not. The C-section birth has all the realism and logical soundness of a Chucky movie. The later actions have the same sort of problems with credibility. The badness just never ends.

SFX: 0/10 Hideous. Insulting to almost any sensibility. The scenes with Sebastian are ridiculous.
September 4, 2013
It was an ok Horror movie but I think the last 30 minutes of it was just making it go downhill, I liked how dark it was and I enjoyed the first hour of the movie alot... some scenes were unreal like a fork exploding in the microwave after 12 seconds.. and myth-busters proved that wrong and that myth has been proven wrong in real life.
½ January 17, 2013
12/12/12 revives 1 1/2 stars only because the first 20 minutes are extremely twisted even if they are poorly crafted. As crappily made as a film can be, 12/12/12 literally features an obvious baby doll in multiple scenes. Along with the crappy acting, derivative plot, and overall stupidity, the bad special effects make this a true piece of garbage that only Asylum could have concocted. But I must reiterate that there are some truly bizarre, twisted moments in the early parts of the film....
December 20, 2012
You can expect what this movie is about.......devil baby. How unrealistic can get this movie get. This movie is gory, probably the only thing it is good at! What are they using as a baby, in scenes it looks like they are talking to a baby doll and other scenes it looks computer generated or something. A lot of the acting could have been done better!
½ December 16, 2012
I can't even begin to explain how bad this movie is.. the acting is terrible and it's just a waste of money ..I've seen better B movies then this crap
½ February 19, 2016
Disgusting. Who thought it was a good idea for a newborn baby perform cunnilingus on its mother?? #fail
½ October 5, 2015
This movie is so horrible, it's comical.
½ May 21, 2014
worst scary movie ever made
½ March 26, 2014
September 15, 2013
Completely unrealistic. It's like this movie was directed by a 12 year old.
December 8, 2013
the baby was so FAKE :O
November 4, 2013
This is THE worst movie i have ever seen. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING IT!!!
½ October 20, 2013
Worse movie evvvvver!
October 10, 2013
One sentence summary: Numerology plus Mayan 2012 bovine scatology.

The film opens with a human sacrifice in some dark underground cultist den.

-------Scores-------

Sound: 5/10 Overbearing in some spots, quite weak in others.

Acting: 4/10 OK given the screenplay, I guess.

September 4, 2013
½ August 22, 2013
One of the stupidest movies I've seen!
½ August 6, 2013
awful b rated movie. Plus they kept droping the f bomb
July 8, 2013
Messed up from minute number 1. This isn't a low budget film but definitely lower budget than your average movie. Story is decent, movie is ok. If your like horror/end of the world/ Satanic movies it's worth a watch.