Movies Like Did You Hear About the Morgans?

20% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Did You Hear About the Morgans? Reviews

Anthony L

October 14, 2013
It's hard to tell whether Sarah Jessica Parker overacted so much that Hugh Grant couldn't do anything or if Hugh Grant was so bad in his performance Sarah Jessica Parker tried too hard to compensate. Two words to avoid from now on: Marc Lawrence. Poor old Sam Elliott and Mary Steenburgen, whose characters had legs, were left without opportunity to do anything. You can almost see the disappointment/frustration/knowing realisation that they were stuck in a crap movie with no easy way out. This is a crap movie.
jamers2011
jamers2011

August 13, 2010
This film recieved horrible reviews when it came out; both critics and viewers ripped it apart. It's not the best movie I've ever seen. In fact, it's as average as average gets. However, I enjoy this movie alot. I've seen it multiple times and I never wished I were watching something else. I was entertained.
thmtsang
thmtsang

December 26, 2009
Hugh Grant always picks the same type of roles as the bumbling Englishman. His estranged wife (SJP) and him witness a murder and have to go into witness protection together. Leaving their busy lives in New York for Wyoming. Predictable but enjoyable rom com. Good cast.
Nadira I

March 7, 2011
Brilliantly hillarious. I can't think of any other film in recent years that actually made me laugh so hard. SJP and Hugh Grant made a great on-and-off couple and I actually admire the script writer, whoever he or she is, since it is absolutely GENIUS! The film is a combination of American and British culture because I think the jokes are really British. It's that "oh it's not funny but I have to laugh" type of jokes. Really, this one made my day, I'm not even exaggerating.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 2, 2011
Boring, bad acting, and not funny
Rachel F

September 11, 2010
So cute. I love Hugh Grant. He's charming in a quirky kind of way. It's a nice little break-up-get-back-together movie.
Alexis N

September 6, 2010
Just another fish-out-of-water story with two people who can't stand each other forced to be together. Fighters to lovers. It's cute and fun.. happy ending. I dug it, but then again, I like all romantic comedies.
Daniel P

August 19, 2010
Carrie Bradshaw - whoops, I mean Sarah Jessica Parker - whoops, I mean "Meryl Morgan" - and her philandering husband witness a crime and end up in the witness protection program in Wyoming. It's not like the premise is flawed; if the director/writer had thought to make the country folk actual caricatures/cartoons, this could have even been funny. Alas, it wasn't. Pure pap - bland and predictable fluff. Man law: never watch DVDs your girlfriend rents on nights when you're not home, no matter how long they sit on the coffee table. The stars are for Mary Steenburgen - the only funny part of the flick. A vapid 100 minutes I will never get back.
Spencer S

April 4, 2010
Originally I listed this as Not Intersted. I was STILL not interested when I watched this film, and yet here we are. I found the comedy stilted, the chemistry lacking, and the plot a mishmash of Parker's high pitched blabber and Grant's incoherent ramblings. Elliott and Steenburgen was the only redeeming value anywhere.
jjnxn
jjnxn

December 20, 2009
Paper thin comedy.
movieguru12
movieguru12

December 19, 2009
Again another great movie that nobody likes. I really enjoyed this one just think of how much people would hate me if I was a movie critic.
Julie B

December 7, 2009
You know how you'll watch ANYthing on a plane? This finally cured me of that.
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

January 10, 2010
Well, to be honest this movie wasn't as good as I expected before... I thought because they have Hugh Grant teamed up with Sarah Jessica Parker, this movie would be rocks (because of Grant performance in Bridget Jones Diary and Sarah performance in Sex & The City), but the truth is they didn't have a good chemistry at all... The idea of this story maybe an interesting one, but how the story goes, it turns out to be a little boring because there is nothing special on it... You should really watch it if you're a big fan of Mr. Morgan (Hugh Grant) or Mrs. Morgan (Sarah Jessica Parker)...!!!
deano
deano

November 22, 2009
A fine comedy with Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant. Parker isn't quite so reliable. She's a highly talented comic actress, but she can seem brittle on screen and doesn't have the immediacy of some of Grant's other recent leading ladies.
There aren't any lines that stick in the head after the lights come up, but there aren't really any terrible clunkers either. The Morgans saunters right down the middle of the road, inspiring neither enough emotion to truly love it, nor enough passion to actually hate it, just the odd titter and a feeling of relief whenever Sam Elliott sidles on as - what else - a kindly law man with a big moustache. It's completely vanilla, devoid of surprise or upset; the sort of film to see if you're passing and it happens to be raining.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

December 17, 2009
yes i did hear about the morgans, but i wish i hadnt. i usually enjoy grant, but he mailed it in on this one, and the overall stellar cast could do nothing to push this film past its absolutely horrific script. i laughed really hard like 3 times, which keeps the film from a 1/2 a star, but its an atrocious film that only got more and more absurd as it stumbled towards the end.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

August 17, 2009
Sarah Jessica Parker, Hugh Grant, Sam Elliott, Mary Steenburgen, Jesse Liebman, Elisabeth Moss, Michael Kelly, Kim Shaw

DIRECTED BY: Marc Lawrence

Highly successful Manhattan couple, Meryl and Paul Morgan, have almost-perfect lives-except for one notable failure - their dissolving marriage. But the turmoil of their romantic lives is nothing compared to what they are about to experience when they witness a murder and become targets of a contract killer. The Feds, protecting their witnesses, whisk away the Morgans from their beloved New York to a tiny town in Wyoming, and a relationship that was on the rocks threatens to end completely in the Rockies-- unless, in their new Blackberry-free lives, the Morgans can slow down the pace and rekindle the passion.

The movie is your typical romance comedy. Nothing special about it. It was funny in some parts. But unfortunately they showed most of the funny scenes in all the trailers. Didn't think Parker and Grant would be good together but it seemed to work for the most part. Of course the ending is predictable like most romance comedies. No twist here. But all in all a good little flick that was entertaining enough and worth a look at. Performances where good enough. Hugh is always funny. Like Sam Elliott in all his films, even this one. :)
Jose Z

January 24, 2010
Did you hear about the Morgans? a movie that tells the story of a highly succesful couple Meryl (Sarah Jessica Parker) and Paul Morgan (Hugh Grant) have almost-perfect lives-except for one notable failure - their dissolving marriage but their lives are about to change when they witness a murder that makes them enter into the witness protection program moving them from NY to a tiny town in Wyoming. It is a romantic comedy with some good jokes, specially from Hugh Grant and a story way to predictable. The locations are great, you can see all the lights and glamour from New York in one moment and immediately you admire the naturalness of Wyoming. The Cast is mainly carried out by Hugh Grant, and expert in this kind of movies, and Sarah Jessica Parker that I felt her like she was in the role of Carrie Bradshaw. I think that the supporting roles of Sam Elliot and Mary Steenburgen were way better and convincing. In conclusion, there´s nothing special about Did you hear about the Morgans? A movie that could be enjoyable but instantly forgibable. If you wanna watch it, you better wait for it on dvd.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

November 21, 2009
Pretty boring and very little funny stuff, probably the worse movie hugh grant or sarah jessica parker has made in there career.

Highly successful Manhattan couple, Meryl and Paul Morgan, have almost-perfect lives-except for one notable failure - their dissolving marriage. But the turmoil of their romantic lives is nothing compared to what they are about to experience when they witness a murder and become targets of a contract killer. The Feds, protecting their witnesses, whisk away the Morgans from their beloved New York to a tiny town in Wyoming, and a relationship that was on the rocks threatens to end completely in the Rockies-- unless, in their new BlackBerry-free lives, the Morgans can slow down the pace and rekindle the passion.
Nicki M

November 21, 2009
Weak rather than bad. Hugh Grant sounds like he is literally reading his lines at times, and there is absolutely no chemistry between him and Sarah Jessica. There's a few laughs, (and I really do mean a few - you've probably seen them all already in the trailer), and I took half a star off for my least favourite ending in a movie. (How much do I hate the pan down and "ah!". I won't say any more than that and spoil it for anyone).
There wasn't a lot of laughing going on in the cinema, although the couple behind us seemed to think it was good. My mother, who I went with, was disappointed, and believe me, that's damning. This is the woman who thinks Legally Blonde 3 is a good movie. If you like chick flicks or like Hugh or Sarah Jessica, then check it out, but it can definitely wait for DVD.
Apeneck F

December 17, 2009
who is grant's manager? who lines up his work for him? has grant simply decided to chuck art for the "what difference does it make" attitude? is he angry about the hostile celeb treatment served him and thus has his revenge in shoddy product?
for the love of all that's holy get a grip on your career man and pull it out of this wretched nosedive. if you can't find a decent script (and i'm aware that that's like asking for a miracle from God the likes of the Red Sea parting) then commission a writer you're fond of to adapt something...anything but what these filthy leeching hollywood vermin-eating scum are handing you. fight back man!