14% Transcendence Apr 18

100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Carriers Reviews

April 16, 2014
It's a very intense and dramatic horror movie, and it reminds me a lot of The Walking Dead, but without the zombies. Chris Pine looks just like Paul Walker in this movie, which I found very weird xD. The acting in this movie was excellent, especially Chris! His acting was just perfect for this kind of genre. The story could use a bit more introduction on how it all started, but other than that, it was ok. A decent horror movie that will entertain horror fans, but not many other people.
Sgt. Cockstrain
February 7, 2014
(20%)
Another zombie virus, end-of-the-world horror to add to the ever towering pile. This is watchable, seen-it-all-before stuff that's only worth a look a look if it happens to come on TV or you borrow a copy for free and you have about 90 mins of free time to kill, otherwise don't bother.
Buggy43
January 17, 2014
This was almost a really good movie, following 4 friends at the tail end of a viral pandemic as they road trip their way to a beach town where the 2 brothers spent time as kids. It's more a character driven drama with thrill-ish moments than a horror film but the premise is intriguing, disturbing and filled with suspense. I liked Chris Pine and Piper Perabo and the ending was really good -surprising, sad. I could actually smell bleach after watching this. 03.30.14
February 23, 2014
A pretty dull and tedious effort
January 14, 2014
Pine is a survivor. "A gritty low-budget mix of some of the best bits from 'Mad Max', 'Outbreak' and 'Night Of The Living Dead', it ticks all the boxes in a refreshingly snappy 84 minute runtime." "Never less than engrossing."
Ben D.
January 14, 2014
It has good intentions, but is completely ruined by absolutely horrible characters and a complete lack of zombies or anything else that is remotely entertaining.
May 15, 2012
The first time I saw this movie I didn't cared much about it, and I thought it was quite ok, but my second view of the movie touched me so deeply, because it was so simple and it felt so small, and yet so devastating at the same time.
dbzerogravity
December 7, 2013
A little dark and depressing, but realistic and thoughtful as well. Not a bad movie by any means, just doesn't bring anything new to the table. At least the characters are built so we actually care whether they live or die. If you're a fan of The Road I would highly recommend giving this a viewing
October 12, 2013
Lousy analysis of human psyche in times of epidemic.
July 14, 2013
...a sad post-apocalyptic drama focusing on its characters' disintegrating morals as they delve further into the main conflict that triggers their instinct and eats away their conscience. It's rare to see these type of films that are character-driven with their performances and the rest of the picture skillfully captured. It feels like exhibiting some form of high-class art with emotion.
October 12, 2010
I watched this two times. The first time I didn't really like it, but the second time I actually liked it a lot better.
April 19, 2013
This would have worked better as a half hour anthology type horror show episode....but it falls right on its face as a 90 minute outbreak/horror film. Almost nothing happens but talking and arguing for about an hour. The few infected looking zombie people had great make up but there wasn't enough of them. I had heard so many good things about this and was let down to say the least. One more thing....Piper Perabo from coyote ugly needs to pick better projects or just give the fuck up as an actress. Oh and one more final thing, Chris Pine needs to stop acting because his fucking smug smarmy face makes me want to kick him right square in his jaw.
darrinws
October 17, 2013
I liked it. Simple survival film
zetroliink
October 12, 2013
I thought it was good for awhile, the story didn't expand at all in my opinion, it was so "stale". When Bobby was infected, I thought they would go off course and look for a "cure" but they just went on to the beach where there was nothing. Then Danny got infected, they left him, and KEPT going to the beach. There was almost no backstory either, all we know is that they try to survive.
Luke Tegan
September 15, 2013
Carriers is nothing special; however, it is a great example of how a real apocalypse would function. Realistic and dramatic, the direction and performances gives this somewhat interesting yet tedious script just enough to satisfy viewers. Thumbs up for the cast.
Marie King
September 1, 2013
Tight direction a solid cast and a genuine feel of paranoia elevates this pandemic thriller above the norm
May 19, 2013
The idea was interesting, and everything was in place, but somehow I couldn't keep my eyes on the screen. Though there were some pretty interesting moments, I was generally bored by the movie and paused it continuously to do other things. So, I guess I'm trying to say the movie isn't bad, it's just hard to keep up if you are not really into it, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood.
August 13, 2013
was a pretty good movie, although they wouldn't have gotten into half the situations if the lead character hadn't been such a douche. No wonder the group never makes it intact!
August 12, 2013
entertaining to watch....heartbreaking and emotional atleast for me. worth 1 hr and 24 min.
September 4, 2009
There's not really a climax in this movie. It's not a bad movie, it's pretty interesting and can keep me with it through the end. But when it ends, it's like huh! already end? If the movie intend to be realistic then I guess it succeeds.