Box Office Guru Wrapup: Inception Soars to No. 1

Despicable Me and The Sorcerer's Apprentice round out the top three.

This weekend, moviegoers were in the mood for using their brains as the smart sci-fi thriller Inception debuted atop the North American box office chart while the generic effects-driven action pic The Sorcerer's Apprentice was utterly rejected stumbling into third place with a weak showing. Funny holdovers held up well while most others fell sharply as the overall marketplace remained strong.

Following much anticipation, Warner Bros. unleashed its Leonardo DiCaprio-led crime thriller Inception and was met with a strong response from ticket buyers taking in an estimated $60.4M in its opening weekend. The studio released the Christopher Nolan-directed pic in 3,792 theaters including a record 197 IMAX sites and averaged a sizzling $15,928 per location. It was the actor's biggest opening ever beating out the $41.1M of Shutter Island from just five months ago. Inception also delivered the third biggest opening of the year for a 2D film following the high-profile summer sequels Iron Man 2 and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.

Fans had been waiting for Nolan to follow up on his 2008 megahit The Dark Knight and Inception provided a thinking person's pic thanks to an original story written by the director. Films with openings like this are usually based on some kind of pre-existing source material or are headlined by stars that routinely open pictures at this level. Reviews and word-of-mouth so far have been very strong and the complex storyline does encourage repeat viewing so the road ahead could be promising. The PG-13 pic cost $150M to produce.

Overseas, Inception premiered in Nolan's native U.K. plus a half-dozen Asian territories to a solid estimate of $15.6M and rolls out into 29 more markets this coming weekend including Japan, France, Mexico, Australia, Korea, and Russia. Thirteen more countries including Germany open on the following frame.

Knocked down to number two but still packing quite a punch was the 3D toon Despicable Me which grossed an estimated $32.7M in its second weekend. The Universal hit fell just 42% which represented a terrific hold considering all the summer competition. Steve Carell's turn as a lovable supervillain has pulled in a stellar $118.4M in its first ten days and with strong midweeks could very well be headed past the $200M mark. The struggling studio has had only two other films join the double-century club over the last five years -- King Kong and The Bourne Ultimatum -- and is now well-positioned as one of the last major studio players in the lucrative animation world.

Superproducer Jerry Bruckheimer suffered one of the worst openings of his career with the weak launch of the big-budget adventure film The Sorcerer's Apprentice which bowed to just $17.4M in third place, according to estimates. With $24.5M in the five days since its Wednesday start, the PG-rated pic managed to average $4,958 from 3,504 theaters. Apprentice stars Nicolas Cage as a wizard that takes on a protégé to help him in his long battle with a rival wizard.

The performance was about even with the producer's 2004 summer adventure King Arthur which also bowed midweek in July in third place and opened to $15.2M over the weekend ($4,923 average) and $23.6M in five days. That film, still ranking as one of Bruckheimer's biggest failures, sold about 13% more tickets in its five-day debut and ended its domestic run at just $51.9M.

Reportedly costing around $150M to produce, the flop follows Bruckheimer's other pricey summer action offering Prince of Persia which has been a disappointment in North America grossing less than $90M to date despite a budget that was much higher. The veteran producer has long been a steady supplier of hits for Disney but this summer marks a rare case of back-to-back clunkers from his signature genre of loud and expensive summer action movies. Apprentice offered impressive special effects, but its generic feel prevented audience members from getting any excitement.

Summit's teen smash The Twilight Saga: Eclipse cracked the Top 50 chart of all-time domestic blockbusters this weekend. The vampire pic dropped 57% to an estimated $13.5M bumping the total to an impressive $264.9M putting the third installment of the franchise at number 48 behind Shrek which grossed $267.7M in 2001. Toy Story 3 rose up to number 15 on the all-time list this weekend with its estimated $11.7M three-day take. Off 44%, the Disney/Pixar smash has hauled in $362.7M to date and now sits behind The Passion of the Christ's $370.3M.

Sony's Grown Ups still played well as the summer's big broad comedy grossing an estimated $10M in its fourth frame, down 37%, boosting the cume for the Adam Sandler pic to $129.3M. Fantasy flick The Last Airbender fell 55% in its third weekend to an estimated $7.5M giving Paramount $114.8M in 18 days.

Producer Robert Rodriguez's Predators collapsed in its sophomore frame tumbling 73% to an estimated $6.8M and lifted its ten-day total to a decent $40.1M. Fox stablemate Knight and Day took in an estimated $3.7M, off 52%, for a $69.2M cume. Sony's reboot hit Karate Kid dropped 59% to an estimated $2.2M and has taken in a terrific $169.2M to date.

The top ten films grossed an estimated $165.9M which was up 10% from last year when Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince opened in the top spot with $77.8M; but down 34% from 2008 when The Dark Knight debuted at number one with a record $158.4M. This is the third year in a row that Warner Bros. opened a new film at number one on this particular frame.

Author: Gitesh Pandya, Box Office Guru!

Comments

King Crunk

King Crunk

Good for Inception, more than deserved a solid opening. Best film of the year so far, and I doubt there is one out there that can top it.

Feel bad for Predators, it was a lot of fun and did not deserve a drop that big.

Jul 18 - 04:36 PM

Daniel E.

Daniel Earley

The Ghost Writer

Jul 18 - 04:58 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Ghost Writer was average.

Jul 18 - 05:03 PM

girly g.

girly girl

ghost writer was boring

Jul 18 - 06:25 PM

girly g.

girly girl

this is up there and shutter island; dicaprio has made the best movies of the year
i feel bad for predators too and for knight and day

Jul 18 - 06:28 PM

BatsInTheBelfry

Derek Meadors

Inception and Toy Story 3 are the best of the year so far. I don't know if I could pick between them yet.

Jul 18 - 07:39 PM

Brendon D.

Brendon Day

Predators was much better then most expected, yet i wonder if we get a real sequel now due to low numbers

Jul 19 - 04:51 AM

Phillip N.

Phillip Nguyen

considering that it already made up its budget, its going in for a profit

Jul 19 - 08:53 AM

Brendon D.

Brendon Day

That's good then. Some actual worth while sequels Should be coming. Now we can all forget about Pred 2 and AvP

Jul 20 - 12:17 AM

Taylor A.

Taylor Agnew

Inception was incredible! Totally deserving of #1! Hopefully it won't get snubbed an Oscar Nom like The Dark Knight... but if there's gonna be ten slots again, it's gonna be tough to beat it!

Jul 18 - 04:39 PM

Josue R.

Josue Rodriguez

now it looks that way (we're halfway through the year) hands down it'll Inception will win an Oscar for effects, it just has to.

Jul 18 - 08:33 PM

Hemal B.

Hemal Bhawani

Sorry, but the tomatometer says 84%, which means it's slightly better than Avatar(Huh?).
This movie's more likely to be nominated, but will lose to the Hurt Locker/Slumdog Millionaire of this year.

Jul 18 - 09:21 PM

Taylor A.

Taylor Agnew

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Inception was more enjoyable than Avatar... just my opinion..!

Jul 18 - 09:46 PM

Rotolo

Anthony Rotolo

Inception was sooooooo good, but Oscar Worthy is not how it will play out. For once a big special effects film had great acting behind it, but this is actually according to the Tomato Meter, Nolan's third worst film to date, but why be negative? This movie did what it was made to do, make you be starstruck by the effects and captivated by the insane story. But the true movie will win, unless there is a film that can truly compete with this, I think Inception has a chance unless Toy Story 3 snags it away

Jul 18 - 11:03 PM

Cassie

cassandra lee

a beautiful mind got 78% but still was nominated and won..

Jul 19 - 12:00 AM

DanielForth

daniel forth

good call!

Jul 19 - 06:38 AM

AlexDeLargeisHere

Harold Warren

The Critics don't determine the Best Picture Nominations, The Acadamy Does.
The Reader was nominated for best picture and it has a 61% rating of RT.

Jul 25 - 03:58 AM

Erric E.

Erric Emerson

Inception opened strong although a lot of people expected an even bigger opening gross due to the hype but its far too intellectual for the average movie goer.
SP wasn't going to due well, I could tell that before the reviews came in, it seems that Cage switches off from good film to bad.
Still have yet to see Despicable me.
Maybe between the recession and peoples realization of good films is giving us such sluggish numbers in 2010? (meaning there arent too many good films)

Jul 18 - 04:47 PM

Stark Industrialist

Daniel Morris

I find it a bit sad that 60.2 million dollars is seen as less than satisfactory compared to the hype. For a non-sequel, non-superhero, non-Meyer-pire movie, that is a ton of money.

I'm starting to agree with the growing notion that we, as moviegoers, are becoming almost numb to record-breaking, gigantic numbers and believing that a movie has somehow failed if it doesn't top the last one. Along those same lines, don't think that Predators is a flop remake; it's Terminator 2 compared to the dozens of other gory horror/thriller/crappy reboots/sequels/crap in the past decade.

Jul 18 - 08:55 PM

Erric E.

Erric Emerson

I agree about Predators i hope to see that film soon. Unfortunately Ive grown used to genre cliches where horror movies are seen as a decent movie at Predators 63%. Drag Me To Hell kind of broke that, but i think its funny people think "well its a horror move, anything above a 50% it'll be good. Kind of unfortunate about the drop off though I think it dropped some 70% its second weekend with about 7 mil. Its all about the opening weekend nowadays.

Jul 19 - 08:34 AM

THEREWOLF

Markus Arbutina

Are you the above average movie goer?

Jul 19 - 03:15 PM

Erric E.

Erric Emerson

meaning

Jul 20 - 12:31 AM

THEREWOLF

Markus Arbutina

Meaning I really don't think the movie was to intellectual for the "average movie goer". A movie like this, believe it or not, does not appeal to all audiences. I loved every second of it, but I could not get the wife to go see it.

Jul 20 - 04:35 PM

K

KateBeckinsaleLover Clarke

I'm absolutely ecstatic that Inception did this well (not that I'm remotely surprised). I honestly don't think that I'll ever get tired of Inception (especially Tom Hardy who plays Eames,Joseph Gordon-Levitt's amazing zero-gravity fight scenes or Hans Zimmer's musical score), because I've now seen it three different times within a span of three days. Yes it really is that good of a movie. I'm glad that Despicable Me held up that welll, it deserves it. I'm really sad though that Predators dropped that much this weekend. Hopefully it'll do better in the DVD market later on.

Jul 18 - 04:48 PM

EllenPageIsMyArchitect.

Joshua Medicoff

Agreed. Inception was absolutely fantastic. Best of 2010.

Jul 18 - 05:39 PM

Dark enV

Jason Boyce

I've seen it three times too. It really is that good, I loved it so much. Nolan really knows how to get the audience involved with his films. Each time I went to see it no one was making a sound at all throughout the entire movie up until the end, and right before it ended with the last scene (not going to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it) everybody gasped and then yelled once the movie completely ended. Great great movie, and I'm planning on seeing it again.

Jul 18 - 06:08 PM

Brian B.

Brian Barreto

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have seen it twice and on both times, people gasped and started applauding because God knows this film is the best of 2010, and one of the best of all-time. Thank you, Inception. You, HTTYD, Predators, and Toy Story 3 saved us from this horrible summer season.

Jul 18 - 06:55 PM

Cory

Cory B

Inception, HTTYD, Predators, Toy Story 3. One of these things does not belong with the others.

Hint: It's Predators. Sorry, but I can't see how that's anything better than a "slightly better than average disposable action flick".

Jul 18 - 08:35 PM

Brian B.

Brian Barreto

But if you compare it to the A-Team, Knight and Day or Eclipse, its a better film it terms of having a good time. The reason I put Predators is because I am a fan of the series and I thought that it was good when compared to Predator 2 and the AvP films, and

Jul 18 - 11:38 PM

Brian B.

Brian Barreto

And I thought that it brought some life into a once-dead franchise.

Jul 18 - 11:39 PM

Nathan O.

Nathan Olson

Yeah I had the same effect. It was so neat being their at the last scene and you gasp (yet you know that was the absolute perfect way to end it) and then you notice everyone else doing the same thing. Then the place goes wild with applause. I have never before experienced an audience so into a movie. And seeing it in IMAX made a huge difference. You could feel the floor rumbling under you.

This movie better be up for some awards. It's easily the best for 2010 and probably further than just this year.

Jul 19 - 11:36 PM

THEREWOLF

Markus Arbutina

Some people like action flicks more than movies like Inception and Toy Story 3. All about what you enjoy.

Jul 19 - 03:16 PM

Throw An Onion

Crornk Kaleidescope

Inception was an action flick. It was just a smart action flick.

Jul 20 - 12:32 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Seems like Nolan CAN direct action scenes after all. The zero gravity fight is historic.

Jul 18 - 07:50 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

The African chase sequence was also brilliantly done.

Jul 19 - 06:55 AM

sunsaz

Chris Moore

Inception, TS3, and Dragon stand as my top movies of the year so far. Too bad none of them have a shot at winning any major Oscars since they're sci-fi and animated films.

Jul 18 - 04:51 PM

louster200

Louie Wieseman

Well, Inception could win for SFX or something like that. And in best animated movie it's going to be TS3 because it's Pixar/Disney. Of course they're going to win (even though I liked HTTYD better).

Anyway, don't see too many surprises other then Predators dropping so much. Hmm. I need to see more movies.

Jul 18 - 04:57 PM

Phillip N.

Phillip Nguyen

Hopefully we see HTTYD as the oscar winner. Its just so much more refreshing

Jul 19 - 08:57 AM

zooman

Alex Reyes

I'd be really disappointed, but that's me.

Jul 19 - 10:04 AM

Mr. Dufresne

Chip McNair

No way. Toy Story 3 deserves it and it's definitely getting it.

Jul 23 - 07:05 PM

Jimmy

Jimmy Jimmy

Well Up was nominated for Best Picture last year. Maybe TS3 will follow... and possibly win...?

Jul 20 - 04:22 AM

louster200

Louie Wieseman

Jul 18 - 04:57 PM

Phillip N.

Phillip Nguyen

Hopefully we see HTTYD as the oscar winner. Its just so much more refreshing

Jul 19 - 08:57 AM

zooman

Alex Reyes

I'd be really disappointed, but that's me.

Jul 19 - 10:04 AM

Mr. Dufresne

Chip McNair

No way. Toy Story 3 deserves it and it's definitely getting it.

Jul 23 - 07:05 PM

Daniel E.

Daniel Earley

The Ghost Writer

Jul 18 - 04:58 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Ghost Writer was average.

Jul 18 - 05:03 PM

girly g.

girly girl

ghost writer was boring

Jul 18 - 06:25 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

I hope Inception goes on to make money AT LEAST in the mid-$100 million range.
There needs to be more serious moviemaking from serious filmmakers, and ones aimed toward an older audience. And, there also needs to be more movies that aren't sequels, prequels, reboots or remakes. So hopefully, more people will speak with their money and go see Inception.
Maybe Inception will also be big on DVD.
It's sad that so many movies today are so predictable, or are so lazy that they tread along far too wellworn paths.
And it's even worse when people seem to know better, but they still choose to see movies even though they admit that they look bad.

Jul 18 - 04:59 PM

Jason C Wilkerson

Jason Wilkerson

You should hope for much more than mid 100 million, the movie cost $160 million to make, not including marketing. While Nolan is WB's golden boy right now, if he doesn't make money that could change.

Jul 18 - 06:54 PM

Drew D.

Drew DiMassa

Like Avatar, I think word of mouth will always help those who are initially turned off sci-fi flicks. I think Inception should have no problem making a profit.

Jul 18 - 07:04 PM

rle4lunch

Chad W

Avatar was shoved down everyone's throats with all its advertising, vice word of mouth. If it was talked about from one person to another, it was about the amazing 3D versus actually talking about the story, which was very ho-hum.

Jul 19 - 03:07 AM

Cory

Cory B

Don't forget about foreign grosses. It hasn't even opened in most of the foreign markets but it has already made $15 million overseas.

Jul 18 - 08:36 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

I definitely hope for more, hence my AT LEAST in all caps. And I meant to state it, but I was referring namely to its American box-office gross. I imagine the international take will help it take in a haul that's eventually larger than its budget -- I hope.
But I am concerned because, even though it's Nolan at the helm, the most rabid moviegoers don't go to many movies that make them have think deeply and ponder any cryptic questions.
And while the $60 million range is good for opening weekend, I wonder if it's going to drop off 50 percent or more in its second weekend. Most movies nowadays that aim for an older or more mature audience don't rake in the big bucks.
How well Inception does in the bigger picture does very much depend on the younger moviegoers, and so far it does seem like their opinions of Nolan and the movie are full of praise.

Jul 19 - 12:28 AM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

I doubt there will be a big drop for Inception. It is the type of movie that has legs. People aren't familiar with the material, so a lot don't rush out to see it opening weekend. But, with lack of other things to see and good word of mouth, they will eventually come out to see it. Just like me - seeing it tomorrow.

Jul 19 - 06:09 AM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Ghost Writer was average.

Jul 18 - 05:03 PM

Chris L.

Chris Liu

Inception was very good, but I don`t think it`s as good as it could have been, or as good as a lot of people thought it would be. That`s aside from the intelligence gap with a growing portion of the moviegoing demographic, and on merit alone I don`t see it gaining Oscar noms.

Honestly? Best films of the year have been TS3 and Kick-Ass.

Jul 18 - 05:06 PM

todd123

Todd Garry

kick ass was great! But to say that movie was better than inception is plain crazy.

Jul 18 - 05:48 PM

Jason C Wilkerson

Jason Wilkerson

While I agree that Kick-Ass was one of the best films of the year, and TS3 was the second best film of the year, I don't think either is as good or better than Inception. It's a highly intelligent very unique film that's unlike anything that came before it. I think the movie was just brilliant and I still can't think of a single flaw with that film.

Jul 18 - 06:57 PM

Josue R.

Josue Rodriguez

I believe that the reason Inception has been taking so well is becuase it's the first movie in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time that challenges the audiences and doesn't treat it like fools, not to say that Kick Ass, TS3, or HTTYD treated the audience like fools, those were great films and were done very, very well, but nothing close to the small dose of brain power Inception brought to the table

Jul 18 - 08:36 PM

Stark Industrialist

Daniel Morris

Totally agreed. I think anyone who thinks Inception is too "confusing" or "convoluted"is just way too used to the mindless drivel we've been given in the past decade (surrounding some very good movies, but still a drivel overload nonetheless). After ten summers of whatever, they finally came across a thinking man's movie and couldn't handle it. It's like partying and getting drunk all night long, then suddenly having to take a calculus final the next day and being completely brain-dead.

Jul 18 - 09:03 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

@Star Industrialist

People who didn't understand it are idiots? Screw you! It took me two times to watch it to understand it, and even then it not that great, it's good. Besides There has been smart, summer movies in the past summers-Moon, District 9, Pixar movies, etc.

Anyways, I see movies, whether it be smart or dumb, to be entertained, not to learned a physic's lesson.

Jul 18 - 09:38 PM

Murdoch

Murdoch +

@ August M

True, but aren't you glad you learned yourself a physics lesson anyway?

Jul 18 - 09:51 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

@rizzyh

Yeah, I like to learn a physic's lesson, if it was a good watch the first time around instead of the second.

Jul 18 - 10:07 PM

Throw An Onion

Crornk Kaleidescope

They aren't idiots they're just lazy. Who can blame them? We've been sitting through Clash of the Titans and The A Team all summer.

Jul 18 - 10:59 PM

Propadanda

Dan Roberts

@August M.

I'll admit that I don't enjoy Pixar films as much as it seems everyone else does, although I do love Up and the first two Toy Story movies, but how are they intelligent?

Jul 19 - 03:55 AM

DoctorXeno

Jonathan Nono

In the last 5 years, these movies were released: Syndoche, New York (however you call it), Tideland, Inland Empire. All considered Surrealist films. Dr. Parnasus looks quite surreal too.

Jul 19 - 07:25 AM

Alex L.

Alex Lavoie

Kick-ass was fun, nothing else.

Jul 19 - 02:46 PM

JS

j s

Nah, it was more than just fun. Very good storytelling.

Jul 19 - 08:02 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

I'm gonna watch Inception next week, really amped for it!
Despicable was alright, but I was expecting a lot more, Sorcerer's looked terrible from the very first trailer and I'm glad to see it crash and burn. THe more mindless action movies with big budgets fail, the more we'll see of actual good movies released.

Also, LOL @ Bruckheimer, thinking he could compete with Nolan. Ego much?

Jul 18 - 05:06 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Bruckheimer has really failed Disney, hasn't he. The ads for Sorcerer's Apprentice didn't appeal me because it looked stupid, especially the one's featuring the version of Fantasia; To me it said, "Remember the Fantasia version, well this one is nothing like it, it's full of crap."

Jul 18 - 05:30 PM

Seth D.

Seth Daniels

Meh, think Disney/Bruckheimer figured they would appeal to kids/families with Sorcerer's Apprentice- a different demographic than the "Inception" crowd. That kind of counterprogramming has worked before in a Nolan movie's shadow: See "Mama Mia." That said, they miscalculated, since while it's too dense for kids, inception has plenty to appeal to the FX hungry teen crowd.

Inception was fantastic, a classic that deserves nominations for Best: Picture, Director, Actor, Original Screenplay, Editing and Visual Effects. Also deserves to make bank, which it is doing. That said, kinda sad about Sorcerer's Apprentice. Didn't break much new ground, but had good visuals, good job by the cast, was well put together and a bit more clever writing than I expected going in. It deserved a bit more than it got.

Jul 18 - 05:46 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Good for Inception and Despicable Me. But for me, the Best Movie of the Year is Toy Story 3.

Jul 18 - 05:24 PM

rwfatface

Rick Palmer

I second that. "Inception" was fantastic and one of the best original movies I've seen in several years. People are going to be talking about it and studying it for decades to come. But, pound for pound and all things considered, "Toy Story 3" is the best movie of the year, so far. After seeing "Inception" (and after wiping the drool off my mouth), there were a few, very minor problems (heavy emphasis on minor) that I felt hindered the overall experience. But with "Toy Story 3," after multiple viewings, I have to say it's about as close to perfect as you can get.

Jul 18 - 11:30 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Jul 18 - 05:30 PM

Gotham-iz-Ashez

Kevin Styp

I agree with others. My top films of the year are Inception, Toy Story 3 and How to Train Your Dragon. I'd say Kick-Ass and Shutter Island would fall in the 4th and 5th slot. However, Inception is leagues above the others and I really did enjoy the other 4. Leo is easily on the best actors in Hollywood and working with who is probably the best working director in the biz right now, Grade A perfection. The major complaint seemed to be there wasn't enough emotional content. However, after seeing it a second time this weekend, I completely disagree. I think the problem was that people were so comsumed over every twist and turn with the complex plot that they didn't necessarily engross themselves in the love story. And I'm not as much talking about the story between Dom and Mal, but Dom and his kids. It really is a masterpiece! Here's to hoping Leo gets casted with a few others from this film into the Caped Crusader, after all Nolan seems to keep casts quite a bit. (ex. Ken Watanabe, Michael Caine, Cillian Murphey, Christian Bale)

Jul 18 - 05:34 PM

Matt L.

Matt Lubisich

Inception was amazing. congrats to Nolan and company for breathing some new life into the movies.

i don't know about you guys, but i'm kind of hoping for a sequel.

Jul 18 - 05:35 PM

Seth D.

Seth Daniels

Gotta disagree, sequel of any kind would ruin the magic of that perfect last scene.

Jul 18 - 08:26 PM

Cory

Cory B

Yeah, this is best left alone. Every good movie seems to get sequelized, but Inception doesn't lend itself to sequels. It's open to interpretation, and it should stay that way.

Jul 18 - 08:38 PM

Jaxx Raxor

Adam Jones

There are too many sequels in Hollywood! I would much prefer than Nolan makes a new original movie then a sequel to Inception.

Jul 19 - 05:59 AM

Phillip N.

Phillip Nguyen

That will be like a sequel to Prestige. You will have to cheat the storyline and then use the exact same formula

Jul 19 - 09:04 AM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Sequel would ruing the movies' greatness. Leave a masterpiece alone and don't try to improve on it. Nolan has integrity unlike many filmakers, and I do not see him returning to the world of Inception for the simple fact that a sequel would disservice how wonderfully constructed the first film was.

Jul 19 - 04:00 PM

EllenPageIsMyArchitect.

Joshua Medicoff

Agreed. Inception was absolutely fantastic. Best of 2010.

Jul 18 - 05:39 PM

EllenPageIsMyArchitect.

Joshua Medicoff

Definately best of 2010. I'd say 1. Inception 2. Toy Story 3 3. HTTYD 4. Despicable Me an 5. Shutter Island.

Jul 18 - 05:40 PM

Seth D.

Seth Daniels

Jul 18 - 05:46 PM

Chris B.

Chris Bellew

Sad face for Predators :( it deserves better. But, at least Inception scored big. I hope it doesn't fail.

Jul 18 - 05:46 PM

todd123

Todd Garry

Jul 18 - 05:48 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast