42% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Losers Reviews

John M

May 9, 2010
I would say this is A Team lite. . . well A Team from when I was a kid. havent seen the new one yet. A good fun movie that I enjoyed. Nothing new to the genre but nothing too horrible either.
Jens S

April 22, 2010
Shallow but highly entertaining action flick that is fully aware of its own ridiculousness and has fun with it, personified in Chris Evan's character. Whenever there is too much slow motion or cool guys walking away from explosions the film makes you groan, but then there is always a fun scene to make up for it. Guilty pleasure entertainment, but entertainment none the less.
Eugene B

April 12, 2013
This loosely-based DC Comic has stylized action that's a good vibe throughout the film, but falters on several occasions. The Losers' fast-paced tempo doesn't allow the audience to fully grasp the background of each character. The overall simplification and predictability of the script also is a let-down with an uninspiring and somewhat nixed-chemistry amongst characters, although it does have a decent twist to the story. Overall, the film is an excitement that you'd only want experience once and only once. 2.5/5
garyX
garyX

April 21, 2010
A special ops team is betrayed and left for dead by a corrupt CIA operative, so they join forces with a mysterious terrorist to avenge themselves and clear their name. The Losers is a comic strip action film featuring the old "mercs with conscience" premise that will never win any awards for originality, but it is done with enough charm and tongue in cheek humour to make for an enjoyably mindless popcorn movie that is a pleasant enough way to wile away an hour and a half. The cast are all likeable and have decent chemistry, particularly Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Hannibal-alike and the action sequences are suitably explosive and fun. Playing out a little like a military version of the Ocean's films it doesn't have the tasteless violence and testosterone of the similar The Expendables and despite some sketchy CGI and occasionally juvenile humour it actually makes a far better A-Team film than The A-Team did. Forgettable but fun.
Dean !

July 26, 2010
A very good film, for some reason from the Title I thought this was more of a comedy, but it's actually a very good action film. It seemed very similar to the A team and a bit like the Expendables, although not quite as violent. It has a good cast and big production, plenty to keep the action junkie entertained.
Sam B

March 30, 2011
what a dull, cliched, dumb, yet unintentionally hilarious film - but mostly, its just bad. The second towards the beginning when the helicopter full of children explodes and one of the characters picks up one of the kid's burnt teddy bear, you'll know this is an especially derivative movie, and the nonsensical, lowest common denominator humor really doesn't help matters.
Anthony L

October 27, 2011
I'm a big fan of Vertigo comics but The Losers is one of theirs that seems to have passed me by. I can see how it probably works as a comic though, the humour and action is there but also the edginess that makes Vertigo so good. The cast are likable and the pace, action etc was always consistently entertaining. I couldn't quite believe that was Jason Patric as the bad guy though, what a great villain he's become! Overall, pretty good and lots of fun Sequel? Yeah, why not! But Vertigo please, make The Invisibles, DMZ and Transmetropolitan! Actually, don't make Transmetropolitan, that should probibly remain a comic.
Thomas J

April 20, 2010
What a movie of cliches!! lol Gratuitous slow motion tough guys walking and sex scenes made this move a joke! The villain was better suited for a cartoon than movie. I feel I had too high an IQ to be the targeted demographic for this movie. But Chris Evens as the quirky comic relief and Jeffrey Dean Morgan as tough guy leader were good characters for them, but too poorly written! But I still enjoyed the movie a little in a cult fim, cheesy kind of way.
Coxxie M

April 1, 2010
About as much fun as you will have watching a movie that will make you forget your last name.
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

December 18, 2010
This is a pretty good Black Ops CIA Film, A undercover Black Ops team while working in South America is scheduled for elimination, but the plan goes wrong very wrong and the team comes back to America to take out revenge on the Kingpin who set them up. Plenty of action in this one, worth 4 1/2 stars
EightThirty .

May 8, 2010
24/10/2010 (AVI FILE)

I guess "The A-TEAM" does have a B team, "The Loosers" in this case. Not a bad flick and still a good enough bother if you know what I mean. An interesting group with a kick-butt chick and an annoying villain we love to hate.

The beginning was cool and the whole comic thing was cool. It's not boring and during my experience I enjoyed it quite a bit. A good choice if you're in the mood for some Action/Comedy with a subtle Tragic/Romance.

A good one-time watch for me but if there's a sequel I would definitely consider watching it.
Cynthia S

September 7, 2010
To enjoy this movie you need to be able to step back and accept it for what it is, just a fun flick. If you like seemless segues and in-depth storylines, don't rent this. There is no message, no lesson learned, just funny guys shooting people and blowing stuff up. It was a blast and I laughed alot!!
deano
deano

October 4, 2009
Non-stop action and quite funny. This film adapted from the Vertigo graphic novel by writer Andy Diggle and artist Jock (itself a re-imagining of an earlier DC title), director Sylvain White's attempt is a powder keg, one that cheerfully includes the expected cliches - and survives, thanks to a comic book-inspired visual style and the frothy charisma of its ensemble. A sort of Ocean's Eleven with explosions, it's the cast which shines, including Jeffrey Dean Morgan's laidback but bitter commander Clay, Chris Evans as the jokester tech operative, and Idris Elba giving good snarl as Roque, Clay's tough second-in-command.
Plus there's Zoe Saldana's Aisha, who proves that the actress doesn't need to be blue to give the boys a few lessons in the art of kicking arse. Together, they're a winning combination, able to deliver interplay indicating they have bonded brilliantly on set.
Roy G

May 29, 2010
A great script, full of gags, that revels in ridiculousness and some OTT action to make one stupidly enjoyable film.
cosmo313
cosmo313

April 23, 2010
This really is just another variation on something that's been done way too many times before. It's quite entertaining though, so it earns some extra points for that, it's style, and the abundance of humor.

The cast is good, but ultimately, given a film like this, it's not likely that their performances will be anything more than that. If that makes no sense, basically: the cast is good, as are their performances. My favorites were Oscar Jaenada and Chris Evans. Evans is the man here, stealing tons of scenes, and just being an all around lveable character. Morgan is good, and Saldana is decent, but sadly, it seems as if Elba is just kinda phoning it in. He's pretty good though. Patric is not really that good, but he's still kinda fun to watch.

This movie delivers basically what the trailer would have you to expect, but that's fine. It's passable for popcorn entertainment- especially when it's rainy or you're absolutely bored and need to give the brain a rest.
Chris G

August 28, 2010
The Losers are one of those military outfits that none of those know about and members of Congress shouldn't ask about. There's the Colonel, Clay (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), the tech geek Jensen (Chris Evans), the bad ass Roque (Idris Elba), the driver Pooch (Columbus Short), and the sharpshooter Cougar (Oscar Jaenada). They're your typical, well rounded covert operations unit. The thing is that during a routine mission to take out a drug lord they end up getting burned by their CIA handler named Max (Jason Patric), who is also a psychopathic arms dealer. Thought to be dead The Losers leech onto society in Central America until Aisha (Zoe Saldana) gives them the opportunity to get even with Max and his operation.

First things first, The Losers is based on a comic book so you're going to have to suspend reality a bit when watching this movie. This isn't a built up political thriller and it doesn't need it. That would just water down what this film is, which is a hard boiled action film. This is the kind of flick that you grab some popcorn and just bask in its glow. It's not a pure orgy of violence, but it's a fun movie to watch that doesn't bore you nor preach to you until you want to bury your head in the popcorn bucket. I will give some props to Jason Patric as Max, who plays what could have been a great James Bond villain. In comparison he beats all the Bond baddies since Christopher Walken played another Max 25 years ago.

The Losers is like a great roller coaster that has no redeeming value except to entertain. it doesn't try to be more than it really is and it delivers a fast paced action film. Sure it's cliched, but sometimes that's not a bad thing when executed right.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

April 22, 2010
Cast: Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Zoe Saldana, Chris Evans, Idris Elba, Columbus Short, Holt McCallany, Oscar Jaenada, Jason Patric, Peter Macdissi, Peter Francis James, Tanee McCall

Director: Sylvain White

Summary: After learning that their handler, Max (Jason Patric), has set them up, a group of disavowed CIA operatives led by Clay -- aka the Colonel (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) -- bands together to bring down their betrayers in this slick action thriller. The film, adapted from the comic book series by Andy Diggle and Jock.

My Thoughts: "This was just a fun action thriller. Had a good story-line going for it, and backed it up with a lot of action. It was also very funny. Chris Evans really brought the laughter in this (love the elevator scene). Of course the ending leaves room for a sequel. Don't expect much, just sit back and enjoy the fun of the film. It's not the most amazing action movie, and it's all been done before in other action films. Just enjoy it for what it is."
Lewis C

January 3, 2010
"I told you already. You die very badly."

To put it quite frankly, The Losers is a misfire. I'm haven't read the comic, so I can't compare its quality to the source material, but I can compare it to the many other action movies that have come before it. And that comparison leaves The Losers looking quite mediocre.

It's the umpteenth movie about a person or team of soldiers who are betrayed and seek revenge, but that's not the problem I had with it. I don't expect action flicks to be narrative powerhouses, but I would like some characters that I care enough about to root for. With the great cast of actors you have here, including Idris Elba, Chris Evans, and Zoƫ Saldana, it's a shame that there's so little effort made at characterization. All of the protagonists are boring and paper thin, while the villian may be the lamest and most annoying that I've ever seen. He reminded me of a smart-mouthed 13 year-old more than anything else, and he was about as intimidating.

The action was okay, but far from intense or interesting. That's because the bad guys were just incompetent fodder for the good guys to mow down, and never seemed much of a threat. Not in a way that made our heroes seem like powerhouses, but in a way that made it appear that the villain found all his underlings in the reject pile.

A good action movie needs more than a lot of shooting and brief mentions of family back home as the heroes' motivation. The Losers may not be outright bad, but it's certainly forgettable and uninspired. I actually hope that the sequel this movie blatantly sets up actually gets made, just so another attempt can be made to make a movie that's as good as this cast deserves.
Al S

February 6, 2010
The Losers is a sure-fire winner. It's a pure non-stop adrenaline-rush of fun. A wickedly entertaining and furiously enjoyable action-comedy. It's hilarious, explosive and action-packed. It's The A-Team meets The Italian Job. A smart, sexy, fast-paced and frequently exciting movie. It's a high-octane thrill-ride that has enough action and humor to keep you entertained until the very end. It's blessed with a great cast who all have dazzling chemistry together. Morgan, Short, Jaenada and Evans are solid gold together, they all bring something fun and cool to the table. These guys have great character development and know how to have fun with these characters. It's a great action-buddy movie that dose not try to be anything more than what it is. Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Idris Elba are terrific. Chris Evans is outrageous, he steals the show in every scene he's in. Jason Patric is just a blast, you can tell he's having a great time playing the bad guy. A real joy-ride you cant help but love. A hard-rocking and exhilarating great time. It keeps you compelled, laughing, thrilled and on the edge of your seat. It's in the traditional fun of Producer, Joel Silver's Die Hard and Lethal Weapon.
Crash E

August 15, 2010
Really long time since I've had fun watching an action movie