Gotham Independent Film Awards 2013 Nominations

We've still got a couple of months to go in 2013, but awards season is officially shifting into gear with the announcement of nominees for the Gotham Independent Film Awards. Spanning categories ranging from Breakthrough Actor to Best Feature, the Gotham Awards honors outstanding achievements in filmmaking outside of the big studio system. The winners will be announced on December 2, but you can see the full list of nominees below:.

Comments

Andrew Milito

Andrew Milito

Best Actress nomination for Shailene Woodley? Heck yeah!

Oct 24 - 02:26 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I heard the Spectacular Now was Amazing if you have not yet seen The Perks of Being a Wallflower!

Oct 24 - 09:08 PM

Branden M.

Branden Mata

Im digging that Scarjo nomination.

Im rooting for the campaign for her for Best Supporting for Her...even tho I havent even seen it, yes...have you heard Scarjos voice...

Oct 24 - 08:19 PM

brunomen

Bruno Mendes

I'm confused, 'Before Midnight', a movie completely carried by the two main actors performances, is up for Best Picture but the actors aren't nominated? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Oct 24 - 09:05 PM

Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

I completely agree with you. Both actors were great, it's just too bad they won't win many awards because of the film's early release date.

Oct 25 - 04:56 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Oct 24 - 09:08 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Wow 12 years is getting Independent and Mainstream Praise.
I've only ever heard of "The Act of Killing" as far as these Documentaries go. Excited for these to come on Netflix.

I think this is the first time I've recognized all the nominations for Actor and Actress in every category.

Oct 24 - 09:10 PM

Stewart H.

Stewart Hoffman

Cate Blanchett's performance in Blue Jasmine is certainly award worthy. I need to see The Spectacular Now. Now...

Oct 24 - 09:50 PM

Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Oct 25 - 04:56 PM

Chris W.

Chris Wolff

This has been another great year for Indie Films. Very happy by some of these picks. Thrilled for Independent Spirit Awards. Here are some of my picks:

Feature: 12 Years a Slave
Actor: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Redford or McConaughey
Actress: Cate Blancjett or Shailene Woodley
Breakthrough Director. Ryan Coogler. Not even close.
Breathrough Actor: Michael B. Jordan, Fruitvale Station