62% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

16 Blocks Reviews

April 14, 2014
A flawed, but interesting film with nice acting by Willis, Def and Morse.
Matt H.
March 5, 2014
Bruce Willis gives a certain awkward performance as the type of character he plays, and the simple premise of the movie soon gets a little drab. But, the high-anxiety action sequences and adrenaline rush a few good scenes provide makes up for the rest of this movie's flaws.
December 1, 2009
Willis is good as is expected but his character has a twist mos is also very good
June 16, 2008
New York + Bruce Willis is a foolproof combination.
July 4, 2012
Quite satisfying from a slow start
February 7, 2014
Mos Def can't act, and this was clunky, predictable, and forgettable. It was, I suppose, a decent action thriller, and worth a single watch though.
Buggy43
June 15, 2013
Bruce Willis plays a burnt out (alcoholic) NYPD detective escorting a small-time crook the (16 blocks) to a grand-jury session. I almost gave up on this after about 15 minutes because of the annoyance of Mos Def's voice. What was up with that!? By the end this became an okay crime drama. Willis is impressive with his burntout-edness. His character does not resemble any kind of action hero here; unfit, overweight, unattractive, shuffling, gasping for a drink. Well done. And while I like David Morse his character was a bit OTT. I mean, I get that they are crooked cops but really, shooting wildly into a crowded NY street and a bus full of civilians. Did the bad cops think they were completely above the law or any repercussions? That they could just do whatever they wanted without consequence. Reminded me a bit of Dwayne Johnson and Samuel L Jackson in "The Other Guys" and that was a comedy. I will say this grew on me by the end though. 06.13
September 17, 2013
A typical Bruce Willis movie with a lot of action and drama....He made a lot of movies with the same kinda theme in the 90's.....worth a watch!!
July 26, 2013
A star turning performance by Mos Def accompanied by a superb acting job by Willis drive this drama. The movie centers around Bruce Willis an alcoholic down and out cop who has the job of transporting a small time criminal 16 blocks to the courthouse for what would seem as an easy task. All hell breaks loose as it turns out the man going to testify (def) knows a thing or 2 about crooked cops who want to shut him up. While the movie is dull and predictable at times the chemistry between willis and mos def is undeniably great.
July 6, 2013
How is this at 55%? I've seen this movies so many times, I've lost count. One of my favourites.
July 30, 2007
16 Blocks is a really good and well put together cop vs bad guys who are actually the cops movie. Bruce Willis is great as the tired beat down detective who is just trying to make it through another day, and Mos Def works well (although is sometimes hard to understand because of the way his character talks) as the criminal that talks about change and cakes a lot, well, that and 4 people, a car, a bus stop and a hurricane, (If you have seen the movie you know what I mean). Although the plot seems fairly far fetched, it still seems to work, that and the fact that much of this movie was shot in Toronto and I knew most of the places (fought against a traffic ticket in the court house used at the end of the movie) just made me enjoy it that much more.

Oh, just in case you were wondering, I lost trying to fight the ticket, stupid traffic laws.
December 11, 2012
Mos Def's character might be the most irritating person ever filmed.
June 26, 2013
u must be crazy. this movie is one of the best i've seen. it was very good to me. you don't know what you're talking about.
June 14, 2007
I liked this but sometimes it wasnt keeping my attention.
July 27, 2006
excellent,such an original story kinda feels like a western,cop escorting witness to court,lots of chasing,gunfights in narrow corridors
bruce does what he's good at but its mos def who steals the film as eddie
def & willis work well together

one of bruce's best films
ninjacobra
May 19, 2007
Good movie. One of the rare ones of that genre that ends in a fit way.
May 11, 2013
Sometimes bumpy, but still a fine thriller.
August 29, 2007
A lot of talk and a twisted story
April 27, 2013
I consider this to be one of Bruce Willis's best performances ever. And certainly Mos Def's.
July 2, 2007
It wasn't bad. Richard Donner is a terrific director. I was working on a movie on one of the stages beside where they were making this and had a memorable encounter with Bruce Willis, who was dressed in his costume from the film. So, it'll always stick in my mind.