Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown Reviews

January 27, 2010
Not really compared to the other ones!
April 30, 2009
Classic!
½ December 2, 2011
Loved this. I love the Peanuts
iLeo
January 31, 2008
Cute!
½ March 30, 2015
It was a very enjoyable, really fast-paced and really touching Peanuts TV special. It had really nice animation, very good voice cast, great characters, really nice artwork, plenty of funny moments, really great music and a really good story. I haven't seen this TV special in a very long time. I really recommend this special to Peanuts fans of all ages.
February 13, 2012
Ah, love. Amor. The whole Peanuts gang is feeling the love in Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown. Everyone that is, except for everybody's favorite loveable loser, Charlie Brown. As the class prepares for its annual Valentines Day party, Charlie watches his mailbox, and even brings a briefcase to school in hopes that he'll get lots of valentines from the girls in his class. But of course, it's just not "in the cards" for Good Ole' Charlie Brown. Or is it? There's actually a little bit of a surprise ending to this beloved 1975 television special.

Charlie Brown isn't the only one who learns a rough lesson about love in this special. Linus Van pelt falls for his teacher, and buys her a big heart shaped box of chocolates, leading Sally to think that he got it for her. That only leads to bad results for both LInus and Sally. That childhood crush is something that so many children experience. It's one of the things that makes this feature so relateable and in turn, enjoyable almost forty years after its original debut.

The relateability of Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown isn't all that makes it so enjoyable. The animation of this feature is a throwback to an era when animated features were actually animated. They were created by the human hand, rather than via computers. It took time and heart to bring the Peanuts gang to life by hand, and then coordinate the aniamted characters with the then child voice actors. It brings back that sense of nostalgia for audiences of all ages. It reminds us all of our own childhoods; that time when we didn't have anything to worry about.

And now, thanks to the people at Warner Home Video, audiences of all ages can again enjoy this beloved special, along with a pair of other Peanuts originals in It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown and You're in Love, Charlie Brown. Combine those with a little history lesson behind the main feature, and audiences get what is one of the most enjoyable Peanuts features released to dvd/blu-ray yet. It's great for lovers of all ages, and whole families both on Valentines Day and any time of the year.
February 3, 2008
It's certainly different to see a valentine's special without a real happy ending...but it's also very good as were all the Peanuts Specials.
May 22, 2007
I found it agonizing watching Charlie Brown chase after that mysterious "red-haired girl" He never found her.
February 19, 2007
If you like him,you will like him heref them were, if you love charlie brown, you will love this one. poor guy always getting kicked around! :) :)
February 1, 2007
charlie brown i such a classic trilogy. there are about three diferent charlie brown movies just for one holiday and then they just have movies that are about many different situations. anyway i love these movies.
½ March 30, 2015
April 29, 2013
another great classic cartoons.....
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
½ December 2, 2011
Loved this. I love the Peanuts
September 8, 2012
my nieces love Charlie Brown. A classic!!
August 13, 2012
snoopy...a legendary dog!!
½ July 19, 2012
Another classic I love. My mom and Dad used to watch these and so I grew up with them too.
February 13, 2012