The Legend - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Legend Reviews

June 30, 2007
I was forced by necessity to watch the dub, and though I've heard far worse this was not brilliant. Stil the film was still great, and the wirework was very stylish.
deano
December 20, 2006
Josephine Siao's so hilarious as Fong Sai Yuk's kung fu fighting mother in this action-comedy film.
kpn666
June 24, 2006
name speaks for itself.
½ August 13, 2007
One of his best.
½ June 7, 2007
Great Kung Fu movie. loved every minute of it. yes it is a bit cheesy at times but that just adds to the charm of this movie
½ March 9, 2007
Fong Sai-Yuk as he was known in China, a Billy the kid type figure. Wong jing takes a quick jab at Wong Fei-Hung in the subtitled version of this movie. Certainly worth seeing, if for no other reason than seeing Fong Sai-Yuk's mother cross-dress to win a kung fu competition and inadvertently win the love of the wife of the host of the kung fu competition.
November 11, 2006
This is a good martial arts film. The movie stars Jet Li. One of his early films before he went over to Hollywood to make movies. The movie has a solid story and great action and fight sequences. You get to see why Jet Li is so great at these type of films. He has a nice blend of the story, action and acting to make a good martial arts film. You can tell he takes elements from Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies and makes them his own. If your a Jet Li fan then check this movie out.
January 22, 2010
not tired of seeing it over n over n over again
July 20, 2007
A great adaptation by Jet Li about a martial arts hero parellel to Wong Fei Hung
May 13, 2008
i dont exactly enjoy jet li movies
April 4, 2008
Jet Li does it better as "Wong Fei Hung" than this one.
September 19, 2006
I did not really like this movie.
½ February 12, 2008
One of Jet Li's better vehicles, but not on par with Fist of Legend and Twin Warriors.
May 17, 2007
Movies about the ancient Chinese government are appealing ONLY to the Chinese and even they yawn when they see this stuff.
½ October 23, 2007
It's no secret that I admire Jet Li, he moves like a God and all fightscenes are perfect, so if the story is a bit lame...I don't care :)
September 19, 2007
Fong Sai Yuk
but I have no choice but to quote on this american redub, remix caca..
September 11, 2007
Ignore the first 15 minutes because once this film gets rolling, man does it get rolling. Great comedy fight scenes as well.
September 10, 2007
It is possibly Jet Li's finest film, but don't watch the dubbed version.
September 2, 2007
My favourite Jet Li film! One of the first martial arts films I ever saw, and still one of my favourites.