187

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

187 Reviews

familiar s

October 14, 2012
Looked like some sort of B grade thriller, and didn't turn out to be much more than that.
Lady D

February 19, 2007
A great film, totally recomend people to watch this
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 25, 2007
a little wierd but interesting
April 3, 2012
A perplexing story of our public schools, its teachers, its students and those who are only there because they have no other choice. Samuel Jackson gives a sound performance as the good teacher pushed over the edge by gang members who would rather cause problems than learn. Taking justice into his own hands 187 offers viewers an interesting take on what teachers deal with and how hard it has become to really do the job effectively Not great but effective in its message. .
jjb3332003
February 14, 2010
Samuel L. Jackson does a great job as a vigilante teacher just trying to do his job amidst the bullshit of a messed up legal and education system. I didn't care for the Gran Torino ending however.
June 15, 2007
This movie is good its a good mix of action, drama, and suspension with an unexpected dark streak. The characters are interesting and Sam Jackson was perfect for his part. I wonder how no one has heard about it; it's pretty underrated.
chevypillow
July 1, 2011
I'm very surprised by how many critics didn't like this. This is a very entertaining and thought provoking movie. It's greatly written and acted. Good characters too. There is a very epic climax too it all. I really liked this film. Again, ignore the critics. I highly recommend.
lcroya
May 4, 2011
what may have been the extreme back when this film was done has now sadly become the norm here in way too many public schools here in the states. But just as in the movie we find you can not run from your fears thinking it will be ok...everyone has their breaking point...but some look for theirs.... not for the squimish worth the watch
NuditysShiver
August 31, 2009
Two powerful performances by Samuel L. Jackson and Clifton Collins Jr. 187 is a gritty high school drama filled with corruption in a contemporary urban life setting with a shocking and unpredictable ending. This film is not to be viewed in the middle, rather in a whole to get the full experience. 187 is a true awakening.
RachelJezel
September 8, 2009
Oh, this movie is freakin craa-z! It is extremely gripping, if for no other reason than to realize that anyone pushed too far can snap.
TonyTheBull
April 15, 2009
At first I thought that this film was going to be a huge breath of fresh air. The setup caught my attention real fast. A teacher that works in a tough neighborhood is threatened by a student that he is failing. He goes to tell the principal but he doesn't take it too seriously. Not too long after this he is brutally attacked and stabbed numerous times. He lives though and the film takes place fifteen months later as he makes an attempt to be a teacher again in another school. He quickly learns upon his return that this school has the same dangers and is going to be just as hard as it was. Two students who's names are Cesar and Benny cause the biggest problems for him. When the situations start to get more and more dangerous will Jackson fight back? I must say that I was impressed with the first two thirds of this movie because it was really saying something about how unfair of a job some teachers actually have. It was the final third that left a more than bad taste in my mouth.I can't give anything away but let's just say that things get weirder and weirder and the ending is especially a let down. The best part about this film is definitely Sam Jackson and he is really good in it. Movies like this frustrate me because it was going so well and then it made a fatal turn near the end. If it just stayed on track it could have been something special.
godsend311
December 22, 2008
One of the first films I remember seeing with Samuel Jackson, this movie will blow you away with its touching gritty drama and shocking conclusion. Great high school ghetto story. Amazing story.
November 12, 2008
out of all the generic teachers trying to change the inner city kids flicks....naw, this is pretty much another one of them lmfao
starlimitz2
October 19, 2008
I must give a lot of props to Mr. Jackson for this stunning performance. I loved this movie, it had an excellent plot, with some really gritty characters. The problems he dealt with were very realistic, and the dialog should have won an emmy, especially for his performance at the table with the gun. A very well directed and well produced film. My only complaint is the length of the movie didn't really justify some of the scene's length. Gonzalez-Gonzalez was definitely a stand-out part along with Mr. Jackson's.
RightEye
July 18, 2008
Okay so how do you spell weird. This movie was not so much scarey as it was strange. Okay so maybe I jumped a few times during the movie.
April 12, 2008
Watch Sam Jackson in "A time to kill" its a better movie and explores really the same theme, when is it okay to kill? Where is that line?
hevinlyreign
March 4, 2008
I enjoy this movie, and that is rare since it is a Sam L. moive. I really only like him in a few movies and that is not very good since he has made SO many movies. I like the realizim of the gang members and teachers. Great film.
kielhunt1
June 12, 2007
Samuel L. at his best! A must see! Good music and cinematics....A few tracks from this soundtrack are from Massive Attack's album "No Protection: Massive Attack vs. Mad Professor" Method Man even makes an appearance in this!
orand061
October 10, 2007
Best movie Ive ever seen... Im a teacher... just like you. Great movie, starring Samuel L. Jackson. I highly recommend it if you have grown up with gang violence... or if you have ever wanted to teach someone something about how life is and how it should be... definately a great pick.
Aria625
September 10, 2007
Cripe i cant think of one bad flick that Samuel L Jackson has done, i am a BIG fan of his i adore his work and professionalism!