Adam Carolla Talks Horror Movies with RT

Adam joins RT's Editor in Chief to talk about their favorite horror films.

In the Halloween installment of Adam Carolla's Rotten Tomatoes review, Adam and RT Editor in Chief Matt Atchity talk about some of their favorite horror movies of all time.

Comments

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I'm going to be nicer this week. I am a weak man (like Gene Hackman, Wes Anderson and Paul McCartney). I don't want to complain about the lack of choices of decent horror in the theaters. Nothing about publicists or test audiences or pre-grad screenwriting. I won't even point out that it's a Top 75 list on Matt's own site. I'm looking at the Big Scheme. And I see "Frank or Francis", "Moonlight Kingdom", "Charlie Swan", and either "Inherent Vice" or "The Master" (again, no offense to Barret Oliver) depending on what PT Anderson finally decides to do.

Oct 28 - 06:35 PM

*Moon Rise Kingdom.

Oct 29 - 12:26 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

why do you consider those men to be weak?

Oct 29 - 06:10 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Oh, that's just a little joke. ( http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/10/14/royal-tenenbaums-10th-anniversary-nyff/ ) I don't know if you're a fan of "Royal Tenenbaums" or not, but I had just read this before I posted.

Oct 29 - 07:28 PM

BLBnow

Brad Barfoot

Adam Corrola is great.

Oct 29 - 12:01 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

INSANE . . . AWESOME . . . FUNNY (these guys are the next Siskel & Ebert if the editor-in-chief wouldn't exhibit latent-annoyance with Adam Corrola :

THE THING; THE SHINING; HALLOWEEN; SILENCE OF THE LAMBS

. . . The makers of Silence of the Lambs would not acknowledge it as a horror film and barred FANGORIA Magazine entrance to the set.

Silence of the Lambs is the first Horror-Film to earn an Academy Award.

I am happy to hear John Carpenter's THE THING being mentioned as a Favorite Horror Movie (as it wasn't mentioned in the Top 50 Horror Movies on Rotten Tomatoes).

so . . . John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN and John Carpenter's THE THING are Favorite Horror movies By Default, John Carpenter must be The Best Horror Director!!!

---
problem:

Silence of the Lambs is a Thriller and John Carpenter's The Thing is Science-Fiction . . . why aren't they both called Horror Films?

like Friday the 13th is a Horror Film, Night of the Living Dead is a Horror Film . . .

Because Silence of the Lambs AND John Carpenter's The Thing CONTAIN ELEMENTS of other genres (Detective-Fiction and Science-Fiction respectively) they cannot be considered straight A-to-Z Horror films.
----

O-C-C-U-P-Y!!!!

Oct 29 - 08:10 AM

ransom r.

ransom ransom

Science-Fiction isn't a genre of film.

Solaris is a drama
The Thing is horror
Alien is horror
Transformers is action

I mean what's more ridiculous - putting Transformers and The Thing in the same category or putting The Shining and The Thing in the same category?

Oct 29 - 11:07 AM

All these rules...!

Oct 29 - 12:26 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

"Science-Fiction isn't a genre of film" what about 2001:A Space Odyssey? or Star Wars?

Oct 29 - 06:11 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

There's sub-genres of horror, just like sci-fi. For example 'Aliens' and 'The Thing' I'd call sci-fi/horror because the creatures came from space. Whereas I'd label 'The Shining' psychological horror. 'Shawn of the Dead' I'd call comedy/horror and so on. But they still all fall under the 'Horror' genre.

Oct 29 - 08:15 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Thank You Ransom; I looked it up: Yes, Science-Fiction is a genre of film./ OCCUPY!

Oct 30 - 10:27 AM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

"Silence of the Lambs is the first Horror-Film to earn an Academy Award." No it is not, The Exorcist came before that film and it won two Oscars (best Adapted Screenplay and Best Sound) and was nominated for many more.

Oct 29 - 06:18 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

YES! you are right; I needed to include the Academy Award for Best Picture modifer. But then no one wants to admit its a horror film . . . horror films have been stigmatized to no end. I LOVE HORROR FILMS.

Oct 30 - 10:25 AM

2d colorblind

2d Colorblind

I'm so over this problem. I've a survay done and now I know none of RT genre classifications can be taken seriously.

Oct 30 - 07:12 PM

ransom r.

ransom ransom

Science-Fiction isn't a genre of film.

Solaris is a drama

*Moon Rise Kingdom.

Oct 29 - 12:26 PM

All these rules...!

Oct 29 - 12:26 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

why do you consider those men to be weak?

Oct 29 - 06:10 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships