Critics Consensus: Monsters University is Certified Fresh
Plus, World War Z is smart and tense, and The Bling Ring is stylish and lurid.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- A Hijacking, a thriller about a Danish cargo ship commandeered by a group of Somali pirates, is Certified Fresh at 100 percent.
- The Attack, a drama about a prominent Israeli Palestinian whose wife is posthumously accused of being a suicide bomber, is at 92 percent.
- Unfinished Song, starring Gemma Arterton and Terence Stamp in a dramedy about a grumpy older guy who comes out of his shell when he joins a local choir, is at 64 percent.
- Maniac, starring Elijah Wood in a thriller about a withdrawn shop owner whose dark side is unleashed, is at 54 percent.
- The French import Three Worlds, a drama about disparate people who reconnect after a hit-and-run accident, is at 43 percent.
- Somm, a documentary about a group of wine experts working to pass the demanding Master Sommelier test, is at 33 percent.
- Rushlights, a thriller about a pair of teens who get into big trouble when they attempt to claim an inheritance under false pretenses, is at zero percent.