Critics Consensus: Elysium Soars; Planes is Grounded
Plus, We're the Millers and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters are uneven, and The Spectacular Now is Certified Fresh.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Jug Face, a horror film about a pregnant teenager who fears she'll be sacrificed by the citizenry of her rural community, is at 92 percent.
- In a World..., starring Lake Bell in a romantic comedy about a movie trailer voiceover artist, is at 85 percent.
- The Machine Which Makes Everything Disappear, a documentary in which young people in post-Soviet Georgia discuss their lives while auditioning for a film, is at 80 percent.
- David Gordon Green's Prince Avalanche, starring Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch in a comedy about two men who bond while doing maintenance on a country road ravaged by wildfire, is at 78 percent.
- Kid-Thing, a drama about the adventures of an under-supervised 11-year-old, is at 73 percent.
- I Give It a Year, starring Rose Byrne and Rafe Spall in a romantic comedy about the trials and tribulations of a couple in its first year of marriage, is at 57 percent.
- Off Label, a doc that examines the dark side of prescription drugs, is at 57 percent.
- Blood, starring Paul Bettany and Stephen Graham in a drama about a pair of siblings who work as small-town British detectives and use unscrupulous means to incriminate a murder suspect, is at 55 percent.
- Lovelace, starring Amanda Seyfried and Peter Sarsgaard in a biopic of the Deep Throat star, is at 50 percent.