RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Great Gatsby, Pain & Gain, and More
Also, Mira Nair's latest film, an Oscar-nominated adventure, and a couple of indies.
This week on home video, our list is headlined by Baz Luhrmann's extravagant adaptation of an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel and Michael Bay's action comedy. Then, Mira Nair offers up an ambitious post-9/11 tale, and we get an acclaimed historical adventure from Norway, followed by a couple of indie dramas that flew under the radar and a few notable reissues. Read on for the full list:
Also available this week:
- Ramin Bahrani's At Any Price (51%), starring Dennis Quaid and Zac Efron in a drama about a farmer and his son whose livelihoods are threatened when their farming operation comes under investigation.
- The English Teacher (44%), starring Julianne Moore and Michael Angarano in a comedy about a hich school teacher who helps a former student produce one of his plays.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (92%), the 1977 Disney film that's essentially a collection of some of the most well known Winnie the Pooh shorts, adapted directly from A.A. Milne's classic stories, is available in a new Blu-ray.
- Larry Cohen's 1982 cult horror film Q - The Winged Serpent (62%) arrives on Blu-ray.
- And lastly, from the Criterion Collection: an Eclicpse collection of five of Rainer Werner Fassbinder's early films, and Enrst Lubitsch's 1942 screwball WWII satire To Be or Not To Be (97%), featuring Carole Lombard in her final screen appearance.