RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Conjuring, Before Midnight, and More
We run down the most notable home video releases in film and television.
This week on home video, we don't have a lot of TV releases to talk about, but we've got quite a few from the world of film. The biggest titles include James Wan's haunted house hit, Richard Linklater's third Before romance, a respectable coming-of-age film, the latest from Nicolas Winding Refn, and a failed Owen Wilson-Vince Vaughn collaboration. Then we've got a few well-reviewed docs and indies and a few notable film collections. Read on for the full list:
Also available this week:
- The Waiting Room (100%), a documentary centered on a public hospital and the bureaucracy its staff and largely uninsured patients must navigate to provide and receive treatment.
- Far Out Isn't Far Enough: The Tomi Ungerer Story (91%), a documentary profile of the prolific writer-illustrator who wrote both adult erotica and children's books, among other things.
- Paradise: Faith (75%), the second film in German director Ulrich Seidl's "Paradise" trilogy, focusing on a devout X-ray technician whose husband unexpectedly returns home after years of absence.
- Austrian import The Wall (72%), an adaptation of 1963 feminist novel about a woman who takes a trip to the Austrian mountainside, only to find upon her return home that civilization has been cut off via an invisible wall.
- I Give It a Year (55%), a rom-com about a happy newlywed couple facing opposition from friends and family who think they won't last.
- Season 3 of Nikita (80%), starring Maggie Q in a TV adaptation of French film La Femme Nikita about a woman who escapes a covert government organization and returns for revenge.
- A Blu-ray collection of Vincent Price films including The Fall of the House of Usher (88%), The Haunted Palace (80%), The Masque of the Red Death (62%), and The Pit and the Pendulum (81%), as well as bonus features for each film.
- The Bruce Lee Legacy Collection on Blu-ray, which includes The Big Boss (60%), Fist of Fury aka The Chinese Connection (92%), Way of the Dragon (100%), and Game of Death (75%), as well as two documentaries and a disc of bonus content.
- And lastly, two choices from The Criterion Collection: the classic 1944 ghost story The Uninvited (77%) is newly available, and the previously available collection of five John Cassavetes films, including Shadows (100%), Faces (88%), and A Woman Under the Influence (92%), as well as a documentary about the filmmaker, is now available on Blu-ray.