Critics Consensus: Lone Survivor is Visceral and Harrowing
Plus, Her is Certified Fresh, and The Legend of Hercules wasn't screened for critics.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- The Rocket, a coming-of-age-drama about a resourceful boy determined to prove his worth to his family, is at 100 percent.
- In Bloom, a drama about two teenage best friends growing up in post-Soviet Georgia, is at 90 percent.
- The Banshee Chapter, a thriller about a journalist who discovers a secret government research program involving human subjects, is at 91 percent.
- Divorce Corp., a documentary about the financial and emotional tolls caused by dissolving marriages, is at 80 percent.
- If You Build It, a documentary about a group of high school students who work on an innovative year-long building project, is at 67 percent.
- Loves Her Gun, a drama about a woman who flees New York after becoming the victim of street violence, is at 60 percent.
- Return to Nuke 'Em High, the latest in Troma's absurdist B-movie franchise, is at 50 percent.
- Cold Comes The Night, starring Bryan Cranston and Alice Eve in a thriller about a criminal who takes a hotel owner hostage in order to recover his stolen loot, is at 48 percent.
- The Truth About Emanuel, starring Kaya Scodelario and Jessica Biel in a drama about a teenager who makes a startling discovery while babysitting for her neighbor, is at 41 percent.
- Raze, starring Zoe Bell and Rachel Nichols in an action thriller about a fighting competition in a women's prison, is at 44 percent.
- Free Ride, a drama starring Anna Paquin as a woman caught up in the drug trade, is at 20 percent.
Finally, props to Garner Montgomery for coming the closest to guessing Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones' 42 percent Tomatometer.