Critics Consensus: Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit Is a Solid Thriller
Plus, The Nut Job, Ride Along, and Devil's Due miss the mark.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Big Bad Wolves, a revenge thriller about a cop who tries to extract a confession from the man he believes to be the killer of a young girl, is at 79 percent.
- Hirokazu Koreeda's Like Father, Like Son, a drama about two families dealing with the discovery that their six-year-old sons were switched at birth, is at 79 percent.
- Maidentrip, a documentary about a 14-year-old's attempt to be the youngest person to circumnavigate the globe, is at 78 percent.
- G.B.F., a comedy about a guy who's got a group of popular girls battling for the right to call him their gay best friend, is at 77 percent.
- Generation War, a drama about five German friends dealing with the moral complications of life during the Third Reich, is at 45 percent.
- Summer in February, starring Dominic Cooper and Dan Stevens in a period drama about two close friends in love with the same woman, is at 41 percent.
- Jamesy Boy, starring Ving Rhames and Mary-Louise Parker in a drama about a young convict who attempts to turn his life around, is at 13 percent.
Finally, props to Garner Montgomery for coming the closest to guessing The Legend of Hercules' five percent Tomatometer. That's two in a row for Mr. Montgomery.