Critics Consensus: The Lego Movie Is Certified Fresh
Plus, The Monuments Men is well-meaning but uneven, and Vampire Academy wasn't screened -- guess the Tomatometer!
Also opening this week in limited release:
- The Paraguayan import 7 Boxes, a thriller about a kid who's wanted by the police and the underworld after he agrees to transport some mysterious cargo, is at 100 percent.
- The Last of the Unjust a documentary about a rabbi who fought tirelessly to save Jews imprisoned in a Czech concentration camp, is at 100 percent.
- Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaquil Le Clercq, a documentary about the legendary ballerina, is at 100 percent.
- A Field in England, a drama about a group of men searching for treasure during the English Civil War, is Certified Fresh at 88 percent (check out director Ben Wheatley's Five Favorite Films here).
- Vic+Flo Saw a Bear, a drama about two ex-cons who are trying to get their lives in order, is at 90 percent.
- Nurse 3D, starring Paz de la Huerta in a thriller about a woman who acts as an avenging angel while dressed as a nurse, is at 80 percent.
- After the Dark, starring James D'Arcy and Bonnie Wright in a sci-fi thriller about a group of philosophy students whose conversations take on greater import after an apocalyptic disaster, is at 80 percent.
- Love & Air Sex, a romantic comedy about a couple that splits up just before the Air Sex World Championships competition, is at 64 percent.
- The Pretty One, a coming-of-age drama starring Zoe Kazan as a pair of twin sisters with very different personalities, is at 45 percent.
- A Fantastic Fear of Everything, starring Simon Pegg in a comedy about a crime novelist who's deathly afraid of being killed, is at 38 percent.
- Welcome to the Jungle, starring Adam Brody and Jean-Claude Van Damme in a comedy about an ill-advised office retreat to a remote desert island, is at 20 percent.
- Cavemen, a romantic comedy about a single guy with commitment issues, is at 13 percent.
- The Outsider, starring Jason Patric and James Caan in an action movie about a British mercenary searching for his missing daughter, is at 11 percent.