Critics Consensus: RoboCop is Half Man, Half Machine, Half Fresh
Plus, About Last Night is funny and insightful, while Endless Love and Winter's Tale are romantic duds.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- The New Black, a documentary about the campaign to drum up African American support for same-sex marriage in Maryland, is at 78 percent.
- The Returned, a sci-fi thriller in which a medicine used to contain a zombie outbreak is running low, is at 60 percent.
- Lucky Bastard, a found-footage thriller about a porn website that recruits a contest winner for a voyeuristic and humiliating film, is at 58 percent.
- Jimmy P., starring Benicio Del Toro and Mathieu Amalric in a drama about an anthropologist who treats a World War II vet who suffered a debilitating head injury, is at 50 percent.
- Adult World, starring Emma Roberts and John Cusack in a comedy about a recent college grad and aspiring poet who reluctantly takes a job at an adult bookstore, is at 44 percent.
- Easy Money: Hard to Kill, starring Joel Kinnaman in a crime drama about an ex-con who sinks deeper into the drug trade, is at 27 percent.
- Girl On A Bicycle, a romantic comedy about an engaged bus driver who falls for a woman he accidentally injures, is at zero percent.
Finally, props to Alex Meyer for guessing Vampire Academy's 10 percent Tomatometer.