Critics Consensus: Captain America: The Winter Soldier is Certified Fresh
Plus, Under the Skin, Alan Partridge, and The Unknown Known are Certified Fresh as well.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Ilo Ilo, a drama about a the trials and tribulations of a middle-class Singaporean family during the Asian financial crisis of the late 1990s, is at 100 percent.
- Afflicted, a horror film about a young man suffering from a sinister condition while on a globetrotting vacation with a friend, is at 92 percent.
- The Retrieval, a Civil War-era drama about a man and his nephew on a mission to apprehend a fugitive ex-slave, is at 90 percent.
- Alan Partridge, starring Steve Coogan as the narcissistic chat show host he made famous in Britain is Certified Fresh at 86 percent.
- Under the Skin, starring Scarlett Johansson in a sci-fi thriller about a predatory alien disguised as a woman, is Certified Fresh at 82 percent.
- Errol Morris' The Unknown Known, a documentary portrait of former U.S Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, is Certified Fresh at 81 percent.
- Watermark, a documentary about humankind's complex relationship with water, is at 75 percent.
- The Borderlands, a horror film about a group of tasked with investigating paranormal activity in rural England, is at 75 percent.
- Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac: Volume II, starring Charlotte Gainsbourg and Shia LaBeouf in a drama about a sex-obsessed woman who tells her life story to a stranger, is at 65 percent.
- Island Of Lemurs: Madagascar, a nature documentary narrated by Morgan Freeman about the adorable but endangered primates, is at 60 percent.
- Dom Hemingway, starring Jude Law and Richard E. Grant in a dramedy about a wild-and-crazy safecracker who tries to reconnect with his estranged daughter, is at 55 percent.
- The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came To Eden, a documentary about intrigue and murder among a group of eccentrics on a remote island, is at 50 percent.
- In the Blood, starring Gina Carano and Danny Trejo in an action flick about a woman who goes looking for her missing husband, is at 42 percent.
- The Players, starring Jean Dujardin in a series of comedic sketches about infidelity, is at 35 percent.
- Goodbye World, starring Adrian Grenier and Gaby Hoffmann in a dramedy about a group of old friends who gather in a remote house to wait out the apocalypse, is at 25 percent.
- Alien Abduction, a found-footage sci-fi thriller about a vacationing family that encounters extraterrestrial life, is at 25 percent.
- Frankie & Alice, starring Halle Berry and Stellan Skarsgård in a drama about a woman suffering from multiple personality disorder, is at 24 percent.