Critics Consensus: Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze
Plus, Heaven is for Real is heartfelt but uneven; Bears is beautiful and entertaining, and A Haunted House 2 wasn't screened -- guess the Tomatometer!
Also opening this week in limited release:
- The Final Member, a documentary about an Icelandic museum that houses a vast array of male genitalia from humans and animals, is at 100 percent.
- Gabrielle, a drama about a love affair between two developmentally disabled adults, is at 100 percent.
- Manakamana, a documentary about a cable car in Nepal that carries tourists and locals to a temple in the mountains, is at 100 percent.
- Soft In The Head, a dramedy about a troubled woman who ends up living at a halfway house for men, is at 80 percent.
- Small Time, a drama about a used-car salesman who teaches his son the tricks of the trade, is at 71 percent.
- Proxy, a horror film about a woman dealing with tragedy who finds herself embroiled in a conspiracy when she joins a support group, is at 69 percent.
- 13 Sins, starring Mark Webber and Ron Perlman in a thriller about a financially-strapped salesman who must undertake a series of increasingly dangerous challenges dictated to him via cell phone, is at 60 percent.
- Fading Gigolo, starring Woody Allen and John Turturro in a comedy about a man who becomes an escort to help a friend in financial trouble, is at 57 percent.
- That Demon Within, an action/horror hybrid about a young cop who suffers from hallucinations after providing a life-saving blood transfusion to a ruthless criminal, is at 44 percent.
- Make Your Move, a drama about a pair of young people from different worlds who bond whie dancing, is at 20 percent.
- Tasting Menu, a comedy about a disparate group of people who assemble for the closing of a world-class chef's restaurant, is at 13 percent.
- Authors Anonymous, starring Kaley Cuoco and Chris Klein in a mockumentary about a group of aspiring novelists, is at zero percent.
- A Promise, starring Rebecca Hall and Alan Rickman in a period drama about an ambitious young man who falls for his boss' married daughter, is at zero percent.