Critics Consensus: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Weaves a Tangled Web
Plus, Ida and Belle are powerful historical dramas.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- For a Woman, a dramedy about a writer who delves into her family's mysterious past, is at 100 percent.
- Ida, a drama about a young woman on the verge of joining a convent who discovers a dark family secret, is at 95 percent.
- Belle, starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Tom Wilkinson in a period drama about a mixed-race woman raised in privilege in 1770s England, is at 79 percent.
- The Bachelor Weekend, a comedy about a prospective groom whose bachelor party camping trip goes awry, is at 79 percent.
- Whitewash, starring Thomas Haden Church in a thriller a man who goes on the run after committing an accidental killing, is at 71 percent.
- NOW: In the Wings on a World Stage , a behind-the-scenes documentary about the touring production of Richard III starring Kevin Spacey, is at 67 percent.
- Beneath The Harvest Sky, a drama about a pair of teenage friends looking for a way out of their small town, is at 57 percent.
- Decoding Annie Parker, starring Samantha Morton and Helen Hunt in a period drama about a cancer-stricken woman who believes her condition is genetic, is at 55 percent.
- Blood Glacier, an Austrian horror film about a group of researchers who discover a terrifying organism in the Alps, is at 50 percent.
- Bad Johnson, a comedy about an unrepentant ladies' man whose genitals develop a mind of their own, is at 44 percent.
- The M Word, a comedy about a children's show host who takes a stand against corporate downsizing, is at 43 percent.
- Friended To Death, a comedy about a man who announces his demise of Facebook to find out what his friends really think of him, is at 25 percent.
- Mr. Jones, a horror film about an arty couple whose investigation into the life of a reclusive sculptor reveals a terrifying secret, is at 20 percent.
- The Protector 2, starringTony Jaa and the RZA in an martial arts film about a man who goes after a vicious criminal gang in order to rescue his prized elephant, is at nine percent.